What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm surfing the net looking for a shelf that I can suspend from the bottom of my upper kitchen cabinets, over the kitchen counter. I want something to hold the items I use everyday so they are always at hand and still be able to keep my limited counter space free of clutter. I need something about 38" long, 8"deep with an 8"drop. Any ideas?

I may have to make an expedition to Lowe's or Home Depot, I never find what I want but I always come home with something that I never knew existed! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

All red blood cells are round: red blood cell | biology | Britannica.com

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Last week you were saying your arthritis was so bad you could barely move.

Your daughter wasn't born 63 years ago, right? That would make you 12 at the time of her birth ;)

You're asking me to do math. I don't have enough fingers and toes. She was born in 1956. That I remember. And she weighed 6 lb.2 oz. I was 17 when she was born. :angel:

When I went to donate blood, the woman in the blood mobile said that my cells were too round. I though she was crazy so I went to ask my doctor. He sent me for a rash of blood work tests. The walls of some of my cells are too thick and make my cells stay perfectly round and unable to change shape enough when going through the veins and arteries.

When I told my father this, he said he had the same problem. What I want to know is why the hell did they allow him to donate his blood to me then? I didn't think to ask if I was born with this problem, so that is why they allowed it. I can't help wondering if it is a tribal trait. Did my grandfather have it also? To late to ask the questions. They are all dead. Although I suppose I could go up to Maine to see the tribal members and ask questions there. But why bother. :angel:

She's seven years older than me, so that makes her 59.

I know the years my kids were born, but can never remember their ages. So that is why she got her full State pension. She only had three years to go to retirement. So they gave her the package deal. :angel:

When I told my father this, he said he had the same problem. What I want to know is why the hell did they allow him to donate his blood to me then? I didn't think to ask if I was born with this problem, so that is why they allowed it.

Medical knowledge has increased tremendously in the last 75 years. They probably didn't know about it when you were born.

Medical knowledge has increased tremendously in the last 75 years. They probably didn't know about it when you were born.

So true. My mother had a different blood type. My sister has her type and I have my father's. And it is the blood type that matters. :angel:

I had heard that if you drive under so many mile in a year you get a cut on your car insurance. So I called our agent and she said that is right for our company. Here it is under 7500 miles for the year. I told her that would include us. So she said we will get a reduction. I asked her how much and she said, $18. I said, hey, anything helps.

I use that option for my insurance company, too. (State Farm) I think it's under 12,000 yearly here, I'd have to go look. There's no way I come even close to driving that many miles in a year. It does save a little, and yes, everything helps. :)

I don't know what the cutoff is with my insurance company. They asked me how much I drive in a year before they quoted the price. They said to let them know if it goes up or down. It seems like a pretty good deal. A lot of insurance companies in Quebec charge a lot to insure Volvos because they consider them "performance vehicles". No savings because they are safe vehciles because bodily injury insurance is provincial and paid with driver's license and registration.

I had heard that if you drive under so many mile in a year you get a cut on your car insurance...
JoAnn, there are all kinds of variables between the different insurance companies. You should ask your agent if you can get a discount for (mention those that apply to you): low mileage, garaging your car, loyalty discount, senior discount if you're old enough (and each company has their own idea of "old enough", so if you're over 50 it wouldn't hurt to ask), anti-theft features...heck, just ask what you CAN get discounts for and tell her/him to be thorough! :LOL:

By the time we get all the discounts we're eligible for on both of our cars, we probably end up with about 25% off the initial base price. Good luck!

JoAnn, there are all kinds of variables between the different insurance companies. You should ask your agent if you can get a discount for (mention those that apply to you): low mileage, garaging your car, loyalty discount, senior discount if you're old enough (and each company has their own idea of "old enough", so if you're over 50 it wouldn't hurt to ask), anti-theft features...heck, just ask what you CAN get discounts for and tell her/him to be thorough! :LOL:

By the time we get all the discounts we're eligible for on both of our cars, we probably end up with about 25% off the initial base price. Good luck!

I will be giving our agent another phone call. Thanks for the information.

Many give teachers and nurses a discount.

I'm going over my mail.

I received an 'invitation' to join a website called WWW.NEXTDOOR.COM. The pitch is that this is a networking site for my local neighborhood, sounds interesting. Have any of you had experience with this outfit?

Gathering up the energy to do some vacuuming. The air intake for the furnace is covered in dust, may as well take care of the carpet while I am at it. Have cardboard boxes to break down, cut up and dispose of. Still looking for boxes in the garage, need to have it cleaned out before the snow flies. One more shelving unit to build and the living room will be furnished to perfection.

I'm going over my mail.

I received an 'invitation' to join a website called WWW.NEXTDOOR.COM. The pitch is that this is a networking site for my local neighborhood, sounds interesting. Have any of you had experience with this outfit?

Several neighborhoods in my city use it. It's pretty cool, I think. It's mostly posts on lost pets, local events, stuff like that. The city police department is on it, too. At the beginning of the school year, a car with a few men tried to talk to some kids at a bus stop; They ran to tell someone and a parent got a picture of the car and posted it on Fb and NextDoor. The police followed up; it turned out to be a false alarm - the men were trying to ask where someplace was - but you never know.

Several neighborhoods in my city use it. It's pretty cool, I think. It's mostly posts on lost pets, local events, stuff like that. The city police department is on it, too. At the beginning of the school year, a car with a few men tried to talk to some kids at a bus stop; They ran to tell someone and a parent got a picture of the car and posted it on Fb and NextDoor. The police followed up; it turned out to be a false alarm - the men were trying to ask where someplace was - but you never know.

Thanks!

Maybe I will check it out, I was skeptical that it might be an effort to market me for various things I don't want or need.

Back
Top Bottom