What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I rolled out of bed after having the craziest dreams about making sausage with with the Kelcher family (Alaska the Last Frontier show). Good grief, we made it all night and I didn't even get up once to use the bathroom. Needless to say, I just finished eating sausage and eggs for breakfast.

Was it moose sausage? :LOL:

Lol, Cheryl!

Spelunking the freezer, I found an enormous bag of mixed fruit (mango, pineapple, peach, and strawberry) from Walmart that expired in 2012. It tasted fine. I rinsed and drained it, and now it's in the CP with a bit of brown sugar, a splash of orange juice, and some cinnamon.

What the heck, might as well make fruit butter. And I saved up some freezer space!

Last edited:
I'm configuring my new laptop. The old one is dying and the screen has a blue tinge. It was about a year and a half old. This time I bought something that is hopefully better quality. That's why I haven't been posting for the past day or three. I still can't make the DC app work on my phone.

I am taking pictures of items that we are putting up on a local FaceBook auction. Kay is really good at flipping things on it. I was just going to give some old coffee table books of my mother's to one of the charity places, but they just now sell it to thrift stores who make more off it than the charities so I might as well try it. I also have some jewelry of my mother's and grandmother's that I don't wear - just costume pieces with no real sentimental value. We need to slim down our belongings before we can move so this will do that and provide me with a little extra money as will.

I rolled out of bed after having the craziest dreams about making sausage with with the Kelcher family (Alaska the Last Frontier show). Good grief, we made it all night and I didn't even get up once to use the bathroom. Needless to say, I just finished eating sausage and eggs for breakfast.

Of course you had to have that for breakfast! Let me get back to you about the rest of your dream, ok? :LOL:

Heading out the door to pick up my grandson from school. It's so nice out, we're walking today. He'll have snack when we get home, do a little homework, then he's got a baseball game at 5. Busy little kindergartner. :)

Busy days are coming up for this family. One of our sons and his wife are having their 40th wedding anniversary this weekend , then one of our granddaughters is celebrating her 35th birthday on Halloween day and in the first week of November our oldest son in coming from Denver for a weeks vacation. I am really looking forward to being with everyone.

Sounds like a lot of fun times ahead, JoAnn! :heart: Enjoy every minute.

I pretty much relaxed today. When I went to bed last night I could feel every muscle and joint in my body. Between three dinners, pay bills, wash windows inside and out (but only 6 of our 16) and a few other misc. chores, I was beat. Funny, though, when I got out of bed today I felt better than I had in a while! Move it or lose it is true.

Today I raked a little until my SIL chased me in with her ride-a-mower (bless her heart!) and fed the birds (a full-time job right now). Back to running around tomorrow!

Just got the thumbs up from my new doctor, got fully registered as a "Genuine" American Citizen at the DMV, had my knee x-rayed and now I am off for some sleep. I will have to go get the screaming little ball of terror (Rufus) out of his room and take him to bed with me.

I have an Angel Flight mission today. I am flying a mother and her 4 year old daughter from UCLA to meet another pilot who will get them to the Bay Area.

I'm taking a break from cooking dinner for 25 or so. DH is doing a quick two-day program with his teachers. He got a drone and they're out playing with it and flying kites :somehow this will teach them about light :ermm: :lol)

So I'm working on two pans of baked pasta - one with chicken and Alfredo sauce and one with Italian sausage and marinara sauce, fortified with veggies. We'll also have salad and garlic bread sticks. One of the teachers made chocolate cake for dessert.

I'm just so durn happy you're feeling up to cooking for all those people GG! I hope they all appreciate the wonderful sounding meals!

I got off the scale this morning to a huge reward after being on this very low carb diet for 6 weeks. I'm down 20 lbs, so that's a lot of weight off the bum knee. It's feeling better and so am I.

PF..I didn't know you were not born in the USA?

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like everyone has some pretty big things going on today!

I am venturing outside for the first time in about 5 days. I have had a bad cold and my immune system is really down because of all the infections lately so I have had to stay in with little contact with the outside world.

I am picking Kay up and we are doing a small Costco trip, having dinner there and then going to Michael's. I may have to wear my mask if my breathing gets bad but I am getting used to wearing it in public and people don't look at me too funny anymore.

They are probably looking and thinking "That woman walks with a cane, wears a mask and two finger splints she has enough problems without me staring at her!" :ROFLMAO: Kay wants me to use the Costco Power cart but I am not ready for that quite yet!

I'm just so durn happy you're feeling up to cooking for all those people GG! I hope they all appreciate the wonderful sounding meals!

I got off the scale this morning to a huge reward after being on this very low carb diet for 6 weeks. I'm down 20 lbs, so that's a lot of weight off the bum knee. It's feeling better and so am I.

PF..I didn't know you were not born in the USA?

Wow, Kay...congratulations! :flowers: That's quite an accomplishment in such a short period of time. I could stand to lose about 15 - care to share any tips? :)

Busy days are coming up for this family. One of our sons and his wife are having their 40th wedding anniversary this weekend , then one of our granddaughters is celebrating her 35th birthday on Halloween day and in the first week of November our oldest son in coming from Denver for a weeks vacation. I am really looking forward to being with everyone.

Have a wonderful reunion with family, JoAnn! This made me smile. :)

Wow, Kay...congratulations! :flowers: That's quite an accomplishment in such a short period of time. I could stand to lose about 15 - care to share any tips? :)

Awww, thanks Cheryl. This diet has been called lots of names thru my battle of the bulge, nearly all my life. It just means staying away from most carbs. I include many low carb veggies, but no veggie starches at all, no flour, no sugar. My white wine has only 2 carbs per glass. ;)
I do fine adding carbs to SC's meals..doesn't bother me at all.

Last edited:
Kayelle, I am proud of you. And I will use you as an inspiration.

I have to get weight off for my knee, back...well everything! I have started doing stretches and am feeling much better that way but do need to get working on my weight.

So nice of you to say LP. I have a lot more to go, but I'm determined to get this weight off of this knee. I want to avoid a knee replacement if possible, but if not, I sure don't want the extra weight to try and heal a knee replacement when it's time. I really think I'm more motivated now, as it's a matter of health.

Back
Top Bottom