What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting with a kitten on my lap, on the keyboard, in my coffee....
I accidentally taught two cats not to put their feet on keyboards. Every time that snuggly kitten would put a paw on the keyboard, I would gently put the kitten on the floor. I did that a lot of times before they figured out to keep paws off the keyboard. Both Sucha (who lived to 15) and Shreddy (who lived to 18) remembered the lesson for the rest of their lives.

I accidentally taught two cats not to put their feet on keyboards. Every time that snuggly kitten would put a paw on the keyboard, I would gently put the kitten on the floor. I did that a lot of times before they figured out to keep paws off the keyboard. Both Sucha (who lived to 15) and Shreddy (who lived to 18) remembered the lesson for the rest of their lives.

A positive "accident" if ever I saw one! :LOL:

I am sitting back resting after a busy morning of going to the doctor, picking up some parcels from a courier office and then meeting Kay for lunch at Costco. Even a short trip in that store wears me out!

When she has finished on the computer we are going to watch Limitless and Jane the Virgin! Fun times! :)

My girlfriend has a small Yorkie that could almost be called a teacup puppy. When they first got her, she would hold her on her lap when at the computer. She would make a pocket in her lap with her housecoat or whatever she was wearing, and the puppy would nestle down there and just go to sleep. It is still her favorite sleeping place. :angel:

Just finished watching the first game of the World Series. I ran errands all afternoon and into the evening - BUT I found a pair of shoes that hold some promise to be comfortable on my feet, so it has potential to be a wonder shopping trip. When I got home Himself was watching NCIS, so I set about to watch it too while making supper. When the New Orleans show was over I headed into the kitchen to clean up the pans, turned the TV to our local Fox for news...and found the game. They were in the 6th inning, so I guessed there was about an hour left to the game. Boy, did I guess wrong! :LOL: I got to watch the equivalent of a near-complete game. Tonight's game went 14 innings! (If you don't know, 8 1/2 or 9 is the norm.)

Yesterday management held a Halloween Bingo party for the residents. I went down for 15 minutes and came back up. For a lot of residents here, Bingo is the only activity they have outside of their apartments. But Bingo has never been an activity I choose to participate in. So I left and came back upstairs.

We have a new activities director. Boy, that came as a surprise. Management couldn't care less what our activities are. Outside of the Christmas Party and Summer BBQ, they don't even know we exist unless the rent is due. Hopefully they will give her a budget big enough that she can do more for the residents.

Today, I head for Winthrop for my monthly Vitals Checkup. That will take up 10 minutes of my time. Not counting the travel time.

After asking everyone I could get to listen for more than a month, I finally got a set of new drip pans for the stove. I will keep the old ones and take them downstairs to put in the self-cleaning oven when I do my racks again.

Pirate has been diagnosed as Pre-diabetic. He already has neuropathy pain in his feet and he gained more than 50 pounds this past year. Trying to explain why weight is so important for him to lose and control. Hello Wall! Everyone in the family, from my generation and back has or had a history of heart and diabetes. They go hand in hand. Now it is the turn of the next generation. Starting with Spike, who already has had eight heart attacks, it seems that Pirate is next in line. Hello Wall! Well, at least I gave my vocal chords a good workout. Hello Wall!!! :angel:

Huh. Apparently our furnace has died. The code light is flashing, so something is wrong. The sunroom has been the warmest place in the house, even though it has a separate heating system, but I just thought the house proper was freezing because DH had all the windows open upstairs. Since it's in the low 40‘s outside, I shut them. But turning stuff off and on is not working.

Guess I'll be calling our furnace guys tomorrow.

Last edited:
I am sitting here in my chair doing a happy dance. The Pats won again. Still undefeated. Sorry Dolphin fans. We really thought that the Pats would be up against some tough opponents. But we ran right over them. Now we are waiting for the post game interviews. :angel:

I just set all my clocks back, early, before 2:00 AM. It's not as late as it seems all of a sudden, lol. Stove clock, microwave clock, kitchen wall clock, desktop clock got changed just now. My computer clock and weather station and bedside clock radio are programmed to change automatically for end of DST.

Funny thing...studies show that changing to standard time later in the year doesn't save energy like it was meant to. Oh well. The state of Arizona opted out of these time changes, I think.

Last edited:
I just set all my clocks back, early, before 2:00 AM. It's not as late as it seems all of a sudden, lol. Stove clock, microwave clock, kitchen wall clock, desktop clock got changed just now. My computer clock and weather station and bedside clock radio are programmed to change automatically for end of DST.

Funny thing...studies show that changing to standard time later in the year doesn't save energy like it was meant to. Oh well. The state of Arizona opted out of these time changes, I think.

Hawaii doesn't participate in the program either. I am guilty of forgetting to set my clocks each time. My stove, coffee maker and microwave all have different times. I only have one clock that has to be set. I leave that up to my kids to do. I just figure that sometime next year it will be 'that' time again. And I know it is either one hour later or earlier than what the clock says. And I always forget to set my watches. I also never remember to turn the page on the calendar. On my desktop I have a calendar and a clock. They can been seen across the room. They both automatically reset themselves. And the calendar on my screen is a lot easier to read than the paper ones hanging on the wall. :angel:

Just finished a 13 hour shift because of DST...why is it the longest night of the year is also the most boring???

I am basically staying home today waiting for call-backs from doctors and labs for test results and appointments for more tests. They are still unsure what is going on with my kidneys so I am once again in limbo.

So, plans include some baking, writing and cleaning house!

Having a second cup of coffee listening to the rain fall.
Finally it's pouring out.It's been so long since we've had a good soak.

Once the caffeine kicks in.I'll be spending the day moving boxes to the donation center.Later in the week I'll be packing up stuff in the house.

Rules are:If it hasn't been used or touched in a year it goes to Goodwill.

I'm exempt from the rule.Don't make the cook mad and leave my yarn stash alone! :huh::LOL:

I love living in this establishment. My apartment takes the grand sum of 20 minutes of my time to clean it. Rosie my iRobot vacuum cleans two rooms for me. And because I only have the big room and kitchen, I have to keep it picked up or it gets out of hand quickly. So it is mostly dusting and doing up any dishes that might be in the sink.

And I have one of the largest apartments. Imagine how quickly the other tenants can clean theirs. :wacko: But what I don't understand is how come we have a couple of hoarders? The kind you see on TV! :angel:

I love living in this establishment. My apartment takes the grand sum of 20 minutes of my time to clean it. Rosie my iRobot vacuum cleans two rooms for me. And because I only have the big room and kitchen, I have to keep it picked up or it gets out of hand quickly. So it is mostly dusting and doing up any dishes that might be in the sink.

And I have one of the largest apartments. Imagine how quickly the other tenants can clean theirs. :wacko: But what I don't understand is how come we have a couple of hoarders? The kind you see on TV! :angel:

You just reminded me I have to put my new vacuum together.

Living in a smaller apartment than yours it might look like hoarding to the extreme.To them it's probably more family memento's that you see.They to have had to downsize.

You just reminded me I have to put my new vacuum together.

Living in a smaller apartment than yours it might look like hoarding to the extreme.To them it's probably more family memento's that you see.They to have had to downsize.

No, this was real hording. They had to call in their kids to get the apartments cleaned out or they were going to evict. Once the apartments were cleaned, the problem with mice was cleaned up also. Every apartment had a sticky trap in it. I never saw any. But then I wasn't anywhere near the offending apartments. Some of the residents did see mice running along the baseboards in the hall way. :angel:

This morning I had a recheck Ultrasound for my aortic aneurysm, and then we went to breakfast. Durn near kills me not to have my morning coffee. We went to BB&B to get some cooking gadgets, and then on to Ralph's so I could get the Bryers 3 carb ice cream I've been craving. Thanks for the tip Aunt Bea! I can hardly wait for dessert tonight!

All done with the garage.Looks good.We do have a floor!:blink:

Price checking now for hearing aids.It's unbelievable how much they cost.
$3000.00.:ermm: WOT?
Maybe it's better that I not have my hearing checked.Play ignorant because I can't hear you.LOL.I don't need one really.I am ignoring you!

Seriously though my hearing loss has become very apparent with everyone around me.I didn't realize how many social situations I was in that you would find me in a corner looking extremely bored.Well, I was.Peoples voices in a large crowded noisy room I couldn't make out what someone was saying to me.I'd walk away.It was frustrating to the point I've not been wanting to go anywhere.

So Hubby and our guys have talked me into at least having my hearing checked.They might have a fight on their hands if I have to wear one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom