What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read that waterlogged cell phones can be salvaged when placed in a ziplock of dry rice. Also, if you have some of those anti- dessicant packets that come in shoe boxes, suitcases, and leather goods, that might help too. Take off any easily removable covers from the phone if you use the packets.

Thanks so much for your ideas. Jo

Sorry you aren't feeling well.The ER is a weird place, isn't it?
Think happy thoughts.

So, how has my kitty niece Monkey been doing?
Her job I hope.LOL!!! Running around getting into things.Creating chaos, hanging around... A true Munky cat!.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Get better soon.

Thanks, Munky, and everyone else for your well wishes.

I don't hear myself saying this very often, but that was a very beneficial trip to the ER. I got a good nurse and doctor, both of whom listened to me and took action. The doctor ordered blood work and x-rays to rule out our concerns (which they did) AND he called my surgeon who will be seeing me tomorrow (Friday) at 10:15 am. I would never have gotten an appointment that quick either through calling the office direct or going through my GP.

I also got some morphine which helped the pain and put me to sleep. Unfortunately it put me to sleep this morning during an ultrasound I was having for a completely different problem! :sleep::ohmy::LOL:

And Munky, as for Monkey, she is definitely doing her job...or at least how she interprets it! She is not used to me using my cane in the house so she has been hiding around corners and behind things on the ready to attack this thing that is somehow attached itself to "Mom". She has also found an empty box just inside our bedroom door. She can get in it without being noticed and then when anyone (especially Violet) goes by, she attacks. Plus she is very vocal, specifically when she wants food, etc. Sometimes I wish we named her "Monk" - maybe things would have been a lot different ;)

The rice worked for me when my cell phone jumped into the toilet.

Have you ever notice how objects in our life have a way of jumping into areas where they don't belong. Specially into my shopping cart. I would never buy a box of Nilla Wafers. (Diabetes) Yet there they were at the register when I was checking out. Dirty dishes jump into my sink all the time. I know I just swept the floor, but there it is. A big piece of meat that was on the platter, and now it is on the floor. I swear I have a ghost that follows me around making the objects in my life jump around. And I have given her a name. Margaret. Margaret lived in this apartment before me and doesn't want me here. So she is out to drive me crazy. :angel:

...I would never buy a box of Nilla Wafers. (Diabetes) Yet there they were at the register when I was checking out...
Guess what, Addie? If you hand that box to the cashier with a smile and say "I've changed my mind, would you please return this to stock?" they will! Just so long as you haven't opened it up and started snacking on them, that is.

I am wondering who is stealing time from me. I'll be busy doing something, then look up at the clock and find out that entire hours of time have evaporated. :huh: What I would like is body motor speed faster than "slow".

I'm enjoying a rare moment of quiet to myself. Things have been a wee bit nutty in our house lately. It is exam season for my girls so there is a lot of studying and stress around that. Yeesh! I have some coffee, and I'm enjoying browsing around here. I missed you guys!

Ever since my laptop went to the great recycle bin in the sky and I got my iPad, I've been a bit neglectful. I don't much care for the mobile app, and I prefer an actual keyboard to the one on my screen. I now have a bluetooth keyboard and am happily typing on that. Soooooo much easier if you have any kind of keyboarding skills.

Things are good in our world, the girls are grownups now, one finishing her first degree and the other is halfway through. She will be going on to vet school so thats a few more years yet, and my eldest is trying to decide if she wants to do grad school or not. She's going to take the next year to decide and then we'll see.

We lost a kitty back in February. He was 22 and much loved, so that was tough. We have now added a bratty little tabby/Mau mix to our menagerie and he is a darling. A little piggy with the food though, so we are now going to put the poor guy on a diet. I feel so badly doing that to cats who have known starvation, but he's getting pretty...um...portly. Our other kitty has let him know who is boss, and Murray just happily snuggles whoever needs snuggles.

I'm off to catch up on you all now. Hugs and hellos all around!

Guess what, Addie? If you hand that box to the cashier with a smile and say "I've changed my mind, would you please return this to stock?" they will! Just so long as you haven't opened it up and started snacking on them, that is.

I am wondering who is stealing time from me. I'll be busy doing something, then look up at the clock and find out that entire hours of time have evaporated. :huh: What I would like is body motor speed faster than "slow".

Oh Dear. You found me out.

One time I started to have a really bad sugar crash right at the register. I was trying to tell Spike to call an ambulance but was shaking too much. He realized what was happening and just happened to have purchased a bottle of pancake syrup. He grabbed it, opened it real fast and handed it to me. I guzzled down that syrup till half the bottle was gone. The cashier just looked at us. The front supervisor saw what was happening and came over. Told the cashier to step out from her register and asked me if I was going to be all right. I just nodded my head and she turned to tell the cashier that I was diabetic. I hope she gave her more education than that after I left.

The problem was I had taken my insulin pill before I left the house. It did the job too well. When I told my doctor about the incident, he decided I no longer needed to be on insulin. I had it under control. Haven't had an episode since. A case of over medicating. Oh, and they forgot to ring up the syrup. :angel:

I'm enjoying a rare moment of quiet to myself. Things have been a wee bit nutty in our house lately. It is exam season for my girls so there is a lot of studying and stress around that. Yeesh! I have some coffee, and I'm enjoying browsing around here. I missed you guys!

Ever since my laptop went to the great recycle bin in the sky and I got my iPad, I've been a bit neglectful. I don't much care for the mobile app, and I prefer an actual keyboard to the one on my screen. I now have a bluetooth keyboard and am happily typing on that. Soooooo much easier if you have any kind of keyboarding skills.

Things are good in our world, the girls are grownups now, one finishing her first degree and the other is halfway through. She will be going on to vet school so thats a few more years yet, and my eldest is trying to decide if she wants to do grad school or not. She's going to take the next year to decide and then we'll see.

We lost a kitty back in February. He was 22 and much loved, so that was tough. We have now added a bratty little tabby/Mau mix to our menagerie and he is a darling. A little piggy with the food though, so we are now going to put the poor guy on a diet. I feel so badly doing that to cats who have known starvation, but he's getting pretty...um...portly. Our other kitty has let him know who is boss, and Murray just happily snuggles whoever needs snuggles.

I'm off to catch up on you all now. Hugs and hellos all around!

When the kids were small, between the stereo, radio, TV and four kids yelling back and forth, every so often I would tell them to put on my favorite station. WOFF! All of a sudden I had peace and quiet for 60 seconds. Enjoy while you can.

It's so good to see you again and hear your news Alix.:flowers:

Now that you have a keyboard we hope to see more of you. I know what you mean about those of us who have proper touch typing skills. Thank you Sister Mary Margret,the best thing I learned in school, long before computers. A screen keyboard is useless for me. Yet another reason I don't even text.

Last edited:
Hey Alix, good to see you! Thanks for the update on your family. Like Kayelle said, now that you have a keyboard you'd best drop by more often. Don't be a stranger - but it's perfectly OK to be "strange". :LOL: :cool:

...A screen keyboard is useless for me. Yet another reason I don't even text.
I hear ya, Kayelle. I can thank Sister Mary Judith for my skills. What really drives me a little crazier than I am to begin with is the screen for the guidance system in my car. It isn't any sort of typing board, it is the alphabet in order! Himself can find the letters quickly, while I have to hunt around the screen once I find out the letter I need isn't in it's proper place.

I'm getting ready to head out to the store to buy a few things. Won't be stocking up on many perishables since we'll he headed to OH in about a week or so, but they do have items on sale that I could stock up on. It will probably take me longer to get myself out the door than to actually walk the store aisles. :wacko:

This place always feels like home. Gotta be here for the holidays.

I've been away so long I feel like I should start a "What did I miss?" thread and beg you all to post links to all the news that I should know.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. And I giggled a little at all of us with our keyboarding skills. My girls are both keyboard snobs too. They can type faster than lightning and have always been able to do so. They think I'm a Luddite for not being faster on the tablet screen though. :LOL:

Alix, I got my first smart phone a couple of months ago and it's amazing how quickly I pick up thumb typing. Especially if you don't mind the errors. ?

Yay, Alix! So good to see you here.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my knee pain isn't bothering me so much now....since I broke one of my toes on the same leg yesterday. It has made me forget all about the knee! :wacko::LOL:

Yes, I am a disaster waiting to happen but if I wasn't you wouldn't have any entertainment! :)

Yay, Alix! So good to see you here.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my knee pain isn't bothering me so much now....since I broke one of my toes on the same leg yesterday. It has made me forget all about the knee! :wacko::LOL:

Yes, I am a disaster waiting to happen but if I wasn't you wouldn't have any entertainment! :)
Oh no! (((Hugs Lydia))) Why did you have to go and do that. It's painful and such a nuisance. Have you "buddy taped" it? Do you have shoes you can wear that don't make it hurt?

Back
Top Bottom