What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just DVR'ed it - thanks for the reminder, Dawg! Another 2 1/2 hours before it's on here, so I've got time to settle in to the recliner with a snack. :)

Last edited:
Today I volunteered as docent on the caboose of our tourist train. A lady brought her grandson, and they both loved the view from up in the cupola.
On the return trip I had 2 couples, each with a child. They all took tourn up in the cupola,
I enjoy it because it is a much more intimate setting that the regular cars on the train. You really have time to chat with the passengers.

How fun, SC! I'm sure your passengers and the kids really enjoyed it. I know my grandsons would. :)

Souschef, it's so much fun reading about all of the fun you have working the railroad. I bet all of those families enjoy your help.

With the Iowa caucuses Monday, "Silly Season" has officially started. Finally. After all, I bet most of us will admit that the crushing amount of political ads have been enough already. I know we've been inundated here in MA with the NH primary a week away not. Well, I do enjoy the polling days, so I've been checking the Washington Post's updates on the donkey side. With under 1% left to report, it's a mere 2 vote difference.

Now if we could just adopt the Canadian way and limit the campaigning and ads to only 6-7 weeks, I would be so grateful!

I am watching of the re-play of the Republican debate! And I will get of the Democrat debate also!

This is so exciting! As I am an American, I must vote!

Love,
~Cat

Hi, Cat. Are you planning to move back to the United States? Typically, a requirement to be eligible to vote is that a person be a resident of the city or county where they are registered for at least 30 days before the election.

Today I volunteered as docent on the caboose of our tourist train. A lady brought her grandson, and they both loved the view from up in the cupola.
On the return trip I had 2 couples, each with a child. They all took tourn up in the cupola,
I enjoy it because it is a much more intimate setting that the regular cars on the train. You really have time to chat with the passengers.

I envy you and Kayelle.
You have a lot of fun together.

When I was a kid we would hear the trains whistle long before it reached our house. It was a mad dash with us kids who was going to get out the front door first to see it. It was always fun to see the caboose. We'd wave at the conductor. I think he remembered we'd all be around just to wave a hello to him. He always smiled and waved back.:)

I love the stories he comes home with from the train caboose. They always stop at a place called "The Loose Caboose" where they sell produce from the Heritage Valley here, along with many hand made goodies. They had fresh field artichokes this time, and the SC was able to tell the guests how to prepare them like we do at home. Those city folks were happy to try something they never have.

I loved the TV series Northern Exposure and have just found that someone has put many of the episodes on youtube!
icon_cheers.png

So I am somewhat overdosing on episodes of that all day today! :cool:

(I didn't know it won so many awards!) Deservedly so. ;)

That's one of my most favorite series of all time, creative. I was disappointed when it ended. I almost ordered the entire series from Amazon, until I discovered recently that so many of them are on youtube. I've been re-watching them, too. :)

Meanwhile, I've been groovin' on old episodes of "Hart to Hart" every day on COSI TV. They run an episode right after "The Chew" every weekday, so I have a two hour block to putter in the kitchen while I watch. Sadly, most of my puttering consists of goofing off on the computer and not prepping ingredients for dinner. *sigh*

I loved the TV series Northern Exposure and have just found that someone has put many of the episodes on youtube!
icon_cheers.png

So I am somewhat overdosing on episodes of that all day today! :cool:

(I didn't know it won so many awards!) Deservedly so. ;)

Now you know why it was such a big hit when it was shown here. If you notice at the very beginning when the moose is walking past the sign on the building, someone goofed and you can see right through the animal. They never corrected it and I think the public was happy with it just the way it was.

My favorite character was the lady who ran the store. Totally unflappable. So easy going.

I love YouTube. I cam across a series showing how England prepared for WWII and how the railroad was affected. I was glued to the screen on that one. :angel:

Last edited:
I have been going back and forth with my dad and brother on the phone. That is how I spent most of my days lately. Mom has been in hospital since Jan 6. Waiting for the dr to call with Mom's Cat scan results.

I have been going back and forth with my dad and brother on the phone. That is how I spent most of my days lately. Mom has been in hospital since Jan 6. Waiting for the dr to call with Mom's Cat scan results.

So sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out all right. :angel:

I'm just going to eat and then relax on the computer with a jigsaw puzzle. I did the monthly grocery shopping today. Six stores later I was finally home. I covered 30 miles and was gone 4 1/2 hours. I think I'm getting too old for this.

When we exchanged gifts with Himself's sis and BIL the first few years after they moved up to MA, we would get her a many-pieces puzzle for Christmas. Difficult ones, too, since she loves them. Once Himself got laid off, though, we put a stop to exchanging gifts. Turns out it's easier not having to rack your brain trying to think of something clever as a gift when most of your energy is spent getting things done and ready so you can get out of town to spend Christmas with your kids. :heart: She and her hubby head back to FL every year, just like we go to OH.

Back
Top Bottom