What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here it is 4:30 in the morning. I have been getting the apartment ready for inspection today. The yearly inspection. They check the faucets, door handles, and just look for any possible hazards. Pirate thinks this is an invasion, I tell him it is in the lease. That shuts him up.

What he doesn't understands is that they can't open the door to a closet, but they can test the handles to make sure they work properly and the doors open and close with ease. All my appliances are in good working order and clean. I do need a light bulb for the oven. But that is a minor thing I can take care of myself. They check the pathways to make sure there are no obstacles in the way. Do all the outlets work and light switches? Yeh. They will be here no longer than five minutes. But I can take a couple of hours making sure everything is just fine. I have two kids that are in the trades. They take care of any problems I may have. Saves maintenance a lot of work. :angel:

This is not turning out to be one of the best days of my life. First I get the news that the apartment inspection scheduled for today has been cancelled. The head of maintenance didn't show up. Then my son Pirate tells me that he lost my phone. He borrowed it because he ran out of minutes on his and he was going to go down to the square to get more minutes and a better phone. So now I have to buy a new phone. The urge to kill is so strong some days.

I am not the only one who breaks their back getting the apartment ready for the inspection. So now I have no idea when it will be rescheduled.

I have a Lifeline that Winthrop provides for me. But I have found when I test it monthly, they are slow to answer. So I use the 911 on my phone instead. I get instant service. Here's hoping I calm down and don't have any incident before I get my phone replacement. :angel:

Just came in from the pool and not fun to cool off for a bit. SO and I are watching her grandson so her DD & SIL can have a romantic dinner alone.

Today I have applied for voluntary work on a project that I am very interested in. It is called FoodCycle and uses surplus food (from supermarkets) to cook healthy 3 course meals for vulnerable people, e.g. the homeless and those on low incomes.

Today I have applied for voluntary work on a project that I am very interested in. It is called FoodCycle and uses surplus food (from supermarkets) to cook healthy 3 course meals for vulnerable people, e.g. the homeless and those on low incomes.

:clap:

That is very interesting to me, I hope that once you become established you will give us some reports.

I
+2. Hoping for better times for you and your family, CWS.
Thanks, all. My dad refused hospice care today. Working on care for the Girls, etc. so I can get to MN soon. It has been a rough month. I just want to be in MN. I just want to be there, not here. The prognosis isn't good.

Last edited:
I
Thanks, all. My dad refused hospice care today. Working on care for the Girls, etc. so I can get to MN soon. It has been a rough month. I just want to be in MN. I just want to be there, not here. The prognosis isn't good.

I hope you can get your Dad to reconsider. Maybe when you get there. Best wishes for your challenges ahead. It's never easy.

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and you Dad, CWS. I also hope that he reconsiders hospice. When it came time for my mom to be in home hospice care almost 5 years ago, the social workers at the hospital were SO much help walking us through the services and care they offer.

Thinking of you.

I have been acused of living too far away, trying to micro manage things, yelled at over the phone, hung uo on, having access to medixal information blocked, woken up in the middle of the night, etc., etc. Thank goodness I am on good drugs. I have been able to keep the peace. This came on the heels of my Dad undergoing 3 months of cancer treatment and being bacj home for three weeks. Preparing for tough times ahead.

Last edited:
That's way cool. A,local food bank collects slow cookers, etc. and holds classes for those using the food bank on how to make nutritional meals. If I didn't have so many things on my plate, i'd volunteer. This place also helps srs with meal prep.

I have been acused of living too far away, trying to micro manage things, yelled at over the phone, hung uo on, having access to medixal information blocked, woken up in the middle of the night, etc., etc. Thank goodness I am on good drugs. I have been able to keep the peace. This came on the heels of my Dad undergoing 3 months of cancer treatment and being bacj home for three weeks. Preparing for tough times ahead.

Gah! OMG, CWS. Hang in there, Sweetie! {{{hugs}}}

I didn't know that was possible. ;)

Try keeping one out of a dollhouse!

This is not turning out to be one of the best days of my life. First I get the news that the apartment inspection scheduled for today has been cancelled. The head of maintenance didn't show up. Then my son Pirate tells me that he lost my phone. He borrowed it because he ran out of minutes on his and he was going to go down to the square to get more minutes and a better phone. So now I have to buy a new phone. The urge to kill is so strong some days.

I am not the only one who breaks their back getting the apartment ready for the inspection. So now I have no idea when it will be rescheduled.

I have a Lifeline that Winthrop provides for me. But I have found when I test it monthly, they are slow to answer. So I use the 911 on my phone instead. I get instant service. Here's hoping I calm down and don't have any incident before I get my phone replacement. :angel:

I lost my phone about a month ago. I think it's under the passenger side car seat but because I can't get that door open, I haven't been able to really look for it.

It was a Trac phone and I was just looking at some of those for a replacement. They can be really cheap. My old one was just a flip phone and was 8 years old and worked like a charm. I have Skype on my computer and although I can't get calls in, most of the time I can call anywhere in the country and it's pretty cheap - only $2.99 a month. Then I would put minutes on my Trac phone (or as they spell it - Tracfone) so I could receive calls in and make calls to those numbers that don't always take a Skype call. It was a pretty good system, especially since my computer is on all day.

I think I'm going to have to go to an auto body shop and see if they can pry my door open so I can make a really good check of the car before I buy a new phone. The one I'm currently looking at is only $20, but I would have to buy another phone card to activate it and I don't want to spend any money unless I absolutely have to.

Last edited:

Hugs from Wyoming, too!:)

When my mother had cancer CWS, I had four small kids as well as did my sister. So I understand how difficult it is when you have other responsibilities. You just can't drop every thing and take off it you want to. I am sure the girls will understand why you had to make the trip.

Stay safe in your travels and remember there are prayers always here being said. When you return, I hope you will have good news to give all of us. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom