What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's way cool. A,local food bank collects slow cookers, etc. and holds classes for those using the food bank on how to make nutritional meals. If I didn't have so many things on my plate, i'd volunteer. This place also helps srs with meal prep.
Ha...an unintentional play on words there...? Get a smaller plate! :LOL:

The project starts up in spring so I will no doubt be posting about it here at a later date.

DH and I just got back from grocery shopping. I love the discount veggie section. Each red bag is 99 cents, so we got all this for less than $5. I'm going to make pickled red onions and roasted bell peppers today. I'll freeze some of the peppers after roasting.

Attachments

• 1454784583708.jpg
    1454784583708.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 117
Safe travels back, Andy. Lucky that you were able to sneak in your flights down and back between weather events.

I'm headed upstairs to clean out the hallway linen closet. If I'm not back on DC anytime soon, send the dogs to find me.

Wish me luck, friends. I get to have another procedure today. There's a growth on my kidney (not identified as the C-word) that will be frozen in place, starting very soon. Should be in a room by noon and DH will be bringing me lunch. I'm severely coffee deprived right now. Hope your morning is more fun than mine ;)

Wish me luck, friends. I get to have another procedure today. There's a growth on my kidney (not identified as the C-word) that will be frozen in place, starting very soon. Should be in a room by noon and DH will be bringing me lunch. I'm severely coffee deprived right now. Hope your morning is more fun than mine ;)

Hope all goes well for you. You'll be sipping coffee before you know it.

Good luck GG. You are going to be just fine and come through with flying colors. :angel:

Good luck GG. I'm sure everything will be ok.

Keep your Kidney's up. We've got dinner covered for ya.

For some reason that just doesn't sound right no matter how I put it.:LOL: Sorry.

You know what I mean.
See you soon.

I'm in recovery, waiting for a room. Doctor wants me to stay overnight for observation. Should be able to have ice chips soon :LOL: Then DH will get me a nice lunch and coffee.

Last edited:

You have my prayers today and trust it will all go well.

You first posted at 8:25 a.m. Here it is 1:07 p.m. and you are already in recovery. Sounds like you are doing just fine. Prayers are still with you. Just make sure hubby is there around 11 a.m. tomorrow. That is the usual checkout time for most hospitals. Rounds have been made, paper work done and you will be good to go. Just don't overdo it when you get home.

:flowers: Glad to hear from you. :angel:

GG, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Rest well, my friend.

I am waiting around for the site manager to come around with the chimney cleaning crew. We are given a window of 9 - 4 and can only guess on when they will arrive. Apparently they are at lunch now. The annoying thing about this is he is usually only in and out, long enough to tell us how great our fireplace looks. Well it should, we haven't used it in over 6 years! But they do need to check all of them.

Wood burning fireplaces became illegal about 10 years after this complex was built. We are allowed to use them; however, they must be inspected every 6 months. The silly thing about this is we are not allowed to convert it so something else. The place does not have gas of any sort and no inserts are allowed.

But I always wanted a house with a "real" fireplace like my parents had, lace white cafe curtains on the window over the kitchen sink and a white picket fence. I have all but the fence here! :)

Violet and monkey are not happy being relegated to the back of the house so I hope these guys come soon!

Back
Top Bottom