What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a lot of hair, Dawg! My younger daughter's hair is nearly to her waist - she cut about 6 inches off a couple of years ago and has been letting it grow again.

----------------

I'm recuperating from the week. :) Tyler caught a bug and has been out of school most of the week, so he's been with me from 7:45 to 4:00 the last 3 days. He doesn't feel all that 'sick', but shouldn't be at school. It's been challenging trying to keep that normally very active little guy busy enough with activities so that boredom doesn't set in too terribly bad. Fortunately he has lots of things here to choose from, but by early afternoon I've been hearing "Grandma, I'm so booooored...". :neutral::LOL:

Hope you recover soon, Cheryl!

My hair is thick, and grows quickly. DH saves me mucho dinero! Now if he could only learn how to give me a pedicure, I'd be set.

Oh Munky, this all must be very worrisome for you both. I hope the doctor gets back to you really quick, and that he and the hospital staff are able to unbundle those branches and get DH all straightened out. And you have to be kind to him :angel: no stress, remember?

Adding you and your DH to my prayer list, which keeps getting longer, and longer, an.....

Thank you CG,and all.

Catching up a little bit here while he's asleep.I just woke up myself.
He's been getting a lot of TLC from me.I make his meals and bring them to bed on a tray for him. Keeping him company when I know he's bored out of his mind. He's always been active,doing something all the time.

Unfortunately we have to wait in line a week or more for him to get treated. Push comes to shove I call 911.

He says he's ok. But I still worry. He's my best Bud.

Thank you CG,and all.

Catching up a little bit here while he's asleep.I just woke up myself.
He's been getting a lot of TLC from me.I make his meals and bring them to bed on a tray for him. Keeping him company when I know he's bored out of his mind. He's always been active,doing something all the time.

Unfortunately we have to wait in line a week or more for him to get treated. Push comes to shove I call 911.

Just wanted to say I sympathize. What a pain. Hopefully, though, it's not too serious if they're willing to wait that long.

Thanks for the update, Munky. You hang in there.

...Unfortunately we have to wait in line a week or more for him to get treated. Push comes to shove I call 911.
That stinks. I hope you're as witchy as I was when Himself's back went out. I called the doc's office every day, they called the insurance company every day to get an OK for an MRI. Meanwhile, his back went back to feeling like its "normal" self. I hope you have much better results with getting your DH's treatment lined up soon.
Of course he is.
smiley-hug012.gif
If he's like most guys I know, he isn't worrying about himself, he's worrying about you. SOMEONE has to worry about our guys!

I'm keeping an eye on a poor, little purple finch that flew into my sunroom window. :( The feeders are close enough to the house that the birds can't get any steam up, so they usually don't feel any effect. This one, though, must have knocked himself good. At first I thought he was dead, laying perfectly still on his side. Then he got himself all righted up, tucked up like he's thinking of taking off soon - and there he sits. I scattered a small bit of thistle seeds, along with a tiny bit of the mixed seed blend at his feet, in case he wants a nibble before he takes off. So far he's managed to huddle himself under the birdbath, using it like an umbrella, since it's sprinkling a bit. He looked perfectly alert when I was out talking to him, so I guess he should be taking flight soon. I hope he lifts off before the evil in-and-out cat from my equally evil neighbor comes out on the prowl.

I keep meaning to get those black birds-of-prey clings for the windows to scare birds away, but the birdy store near us sells them for $5 each! If I bought one for each window that a bird has banged into, I would have to skip buying bird seed for about 3-4 months. Anyone have a suggestion for a cheaper idea? I'm moderately crafty when me doing it is much cheaper that buying already made. ;)

Bring your camera with you the next time you are buying bird seed and take a picture of the black bird if it is on the outside of the package. Upload it to your computer and print out a couple and tape inside each window. Or look them up in Wiki and see if there is a picture there. Google Black Bird and see what you find. C&P to a blank Word document. Print. Here's hoping you find a solution. :angel:

Drat. I'll have to find the manual for my wristwatch. Stupid Daylight Savings time.

Thinking I'll run around the house and change all the clocks now, otherwise I'll probably forget.

Drat. I'll have to find the manual for my wristwatch. Stupid Daylight Savings time.

Thinking I'll run around the house and change all the clocks now, otherwise I'll probably forget.

I think I am going mad. :wacko: I just checked all the clocks in the house. I know my phone and computer set themselves. But I checked the coffee maker, microwave, stove, etc. Even the clock on the wall that is manual and both of my watches. All of them have been set for DST. Pirate says he didn't do it. And I know there is no GPS in them. I was sound asleep at 2 a.m. :wacko: I need to get help pronto! Or someone is playing games with me.

I have a question. My coffee maker is brand spanking new. Do they put GPS in the clocks on them now? Just wondering. :angel:

Some appliances reset via a signal from a satellite, some don't. I guess you'll find out which kind of clock device is in your new coffee pot come tomorrow morning. ;) Himself bought his automatic clock back when the spring-ahead date was the first Sunday in April. Even if he sets it manually, it will spring ahead an hour on the first Sunday of April. For the next three weeks I'll add an hour to the display time when I see it - right after I realize it did NOT take me an hour to go from one room to another. :LOL:

Bring your camera with you the next time you are buying bird seed and take a picture of the black bird...
Don't have to do that. There are images online that I can print from. I was looking for other, possibly easier suggestions. I like an idea I saw for a line of random-length strings of bird feathers. Sounds like a pretty way to distract me and scare the birds.

Some appliances reset via a signal from a satellite, some don't. I guess you'll find out which kind of clock device is in your new coffee pot come tomorrow morning. ;) Himself bought his automatic clock back when the spring-ahead date was the first Sunday in April. Even if he sets it manually, it will spring ahead an hour on the first Sunday of April. For the next three weeks I'll add an hour to the display time when I see it - right after I realize it did NOT take me an hour to go from one room to another. :LOL:

Don't have to do that. There are images online that I can print from. I was looking for other, possibly easier suggestions. I like an idea I saw for a line of random-length strings of bird feathers. Sounds like a pretty way to distract me and scare the birds.

Yeah right after I posted that I went to Wiki and found a whole bunch of them under "Crow". But then Spike showed up to do some work for me on my computer. Plus it was his regular nighttime visit. So by the time he left, I had to log in and check emails from two sights, etc. Forgot all about Wiki. :angel:

... And I know there is no GPS in them. I was sound asleep at 2 a.m. :wacko: I need to get help pronto! Or someone is playing games with me.

I have a question. My coffee maker is brand spanking new. Do they put GPS in the clocks on them now? Just wondering. :angel:

GPS stands for Global Positioning System. The technology uses satellites to provide mapping and location information. It has nothing to do with the time.

Last edited:
That sound really familiar to how we do the whole knocking down the bee/wasp hive.

Also I have spent a lot of time waiting on my kids to be done hanging out with their friends, kinda like you had to do with.

Their is always so many options you can do while waiting.

Hope you enjoyed your soup!

I'm getting myself psyched to got shopping. I have one more RX to pick up so I'll have myself a little shopping spree too.

Sitting here waiting for the phone to ring.

Our sweet Cheyenne (2yr. old g.daughter) is having her second operation this morning to try and straighten her crossed eyes. I pray this one works for her. The first surgery was successful, but her eyes have drifted some, once more.
Wish the phone would ring. sigh.

I am hoping to go back to sleep after a rough night of leg pain and coughing, then having to get up early to accept my grocery order.

They called me at 7:30 am (I got to sleep around 5) to say my credit card didn't go through. I couldn't understand it until they told me the amount of my bill. Apparently they charged me for a kilo each of the three deli meats instead of 100 grams! That will do it! :ermm:

A day of helping at our friends' market garden followed by feeding the pigs. Then home to make our own dinner - leek pie to use up some of our excess leeks!

Back
Top Bottom