What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting here waiting for the phone to ring.

Our sweet Cheyenne (2yr. old g.daughter) is having her second operation this morning to try and straighten her crossed eyes. I pray this one works for her. The first surgery was successful, but her eyes have drifted some, once more.
Wish the phone would ring. sigh.

All is well, and she's back home after several hours in the hospital. Phew.
Thanks.

Aww, bless her little heart, Kay. So glad to hear Cheyenne is home - sending up good thoughts and prayers that the surgery was a success. :wub:

I'm glad little Cheyenne is home.

I am drinking a cup of coffee, shooing cats off the table (which they've been wandering on all night) and waiting for Shrek to wake up so we can go grocery shopping. It was a looooooong night at work.

A damp start to the day, so no gardening. I've just put a mutton casserole in the oven to slow-cook and soon it will be off to feed the pigs. They like regular feeding times!

Takin' a break. :) Tyler and I played in the backyard for a couple of hours, I dug out some pots, filled them with new potting soil and planted some seeds, and cleaned up the patio afterwards. Lunch for both of us, now he's curled up on the couch watching "Minions", about to fall asleep, and I'm catching up on things online.

I'm about to go and "do" my horse and get back in time for "M*A*S*H". The True Entertainment channel on Freeview television is re-running it and I'm hooked. Two episodes a night Monday-Friday and four episodes on Sunday night. We're into series 4 at the moment. Wouldn't miss it for the world. I've missed the last few Women's Institute meetings and Riding Club things AND a dinner date with a most promising man just for Hawkeye and BJ!

I just had my beautician, DH, whack off 4 inches of my hair with my sewing scissors. It was down past my waist. Next step, Garnier Nutriesse hair dye!

The day before I was to be married, my hair was bright red and down to the back of my knees. When I didn't have it up in a knot, I just let it hang. This day it was just hanging for a reason.

I ran into the groom on the way to check on the cake at the bakery. He asked me what was I going to do with my hair. He wanted me to just let it hang. I told him not to worry about it, I already had a plan.

The next day when he saw me coming down the aisle, my hair was cut into a short bubble and curly. I had it all cut off and sold it. All through the ceremony he kept whispering, "What did you do to your hair?" Some of that money allowed us to do a lot more on our honeymoon. The rest went into the Emergency Fund in the bank. I never let my hair grow past my shoulders again in spite of many requests. He told me many years later that one of the reasons he wanted to marry me was because he fell in love with my hair. :angel:

Takin' a break. :) Tyler and I played in the backyard for a couple of hours, I dug out some pots, filled them with new potting soil and planted some seeds, and cleaned up the patio afterwards. Lunch for both of us, now he's curled up on the couch watching "Minions", about to fall asleep, and I'm catching up on things online.

Cheryl, living in the city, most homes here have a very small back yard, some none. But they do have a porch. So they take a five gallon white bucket, Like what the pickles come in for deli sub stores. The punch a few drainage holes in the bottom, place rocks in the bottom and then fill with soil. They use them to plant at least five tomato plants in each one.

My girlfriend used to give each of her kids a bucket to plant a veggie in. It was their job to tend to and when it was producing that was the veggie of the night. They all learned to love veggies. Today they live further out of the city and have bigger gardens.

Today you can buy those buckets at Home Depot and Lowes. Or any hardware store. The last time I bought a couple they were $5.00 a bucket. Tyler sounds to be just about the right age for him to take on a project like this. And Grandma will be always there to oversee it.

Just saying, a project that you can do together. And you won't be out of breath trying to keep up with the little one. :angel:

My former neighbor started a pizza garden with her kids when they were little. They planted tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and garlic. That's what will be going into our garden, too, plus cucumbers, peas, tomatillos and green beans.

Were heading out to conquer DMV today.
Should be a fun filled 3 hour wait to renew my license.

I remember the days here when you could have it all done in less than 30 minutes. Show, pay and go. Not anymore.:huh:

Were heading out to conquer DMV today.
Should be a fun filled 3 hour wait to renew my license.

I remember the days here when you could have it all done in less than 30 minutes. Show, pay and go. Not anymore. :huh:

Unless you are called in for an appointment or appeal the loss of your license, all DMV is done on line or through the snail mail. Your insurance company does the registration of the car and will even get your plates for you. With a good driving record, you only have to renew your license every ten years.

I have a State ID and it never has to be renewed. I am not a driver and even though I have aged since my picture was taken, you can tell it is me. Gray hair and glasses for always.

For the most part, the citizens of this state will never have to see the inside of DMV but every ten years. :angel:

Unless you are called in for an appointment or appeal the loss of your license, all DMV is done on line or through the snail mail. Your insurance company does the registration of the car and will even get your plates for you. With a good driving record, you only have to renew your license every ten years.

I have a State ID and it never has to be renewed. I am not a driver and even though I have aged since my picture was taken, you can tell it is me. Gray hair and glasses for always.

For the most part, the citizens of this state will never have to see the inside of DMV but every ten years. :angel:

Lucky you Addie.

I only have to renew my license. It's been 4 years. Getting it done before it expires.I've already renewed it the last time online.Now they want to see me. Isn't that nice?
My driving record is above and beyond good. It's excellent. No accidents or tickets.The long wait is due to the new laws in this state. We now have to accommodate everybody. Really give me another reason to move out.

I think the lawmakers of this great state should also make it mandatory to have Scooter riders have licenses. They technically are driving a motor vehicle aren't they?:angel:

Lucky you Addie.

I only have to renew my license. It's been 4 years. Getting it done before it expires.I've already renewed it the last time online.Now they want to see me. Isn't that nice?
My driving record is above and beyond good. It's excellent. No accidents or tickets.The long wait is due to the new laws in this state. We now have to accommodate everybody. Really give me another reason to move out.

I think the lawmakers of this great state should also make it mandatory to have Scooter riders have licenses. They technically are driving a motor vehicle aren't they?:angel:

Here if your scooter goes above 35 mph, you need a license. Otherwise you have to drive it on a sidewalk. You also have to take the same driving test as an auto driver. I have a three-wheel scooter and it can go up to 7 mph. And yes, I do open it full and off I go. I have been accused of being a terror when I am on it. If I see open space in front of me, I open it fully. I have never hit anyone. It has mirrors on both sides so I can see oncoming traffic behind me. And BIG bright well lit red lights in the rear with a bright headlight. I very rarely go out at night though.

For the most part, I stay on sidewalks. But some of our sidewalks are in such disrepair, I go out on the street if I know it is not a well travelled one. I have the bad habit of going to the store during the busiest time of the day. When folks just want to get home from work. When will I ever learn. Too dangerous. :angel:

We went and babysit little Cheyenne today so her mom could grocery shop. Bless her sweet little heart, she looks like she's been hit by a truck after her eye surgery, but still has a smile and a cuddle. That little girl could win the heart of anyone. What a little trouper she is!!

Back
Top Bottom