What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, they're little bulbs that produce some of our spring's first flowers here. I will have to get a picture. They have white and blue striped flowers.

Taxy, I feel for you. Please get better soon!

I am just getting ready to make our dinner before TB goes to work. I have an appointment at 4 pm and am taking Violet to the vet at 6pm. She is going for her shots, but also seems to be favouring a paw/leg.

In between all of this I am trying to get laundry done and folded, the living room curtains hung, and the bed made in the spare room. We are gearing up for the realtor to take pictures over the weekend.

Someone a while back mentioned Jet.com. So I went and took a look. It looked interesting, but I didn't look into it too deeply.

Lately I have been seeing the TV ads for the site. Well, my monthly shopping is coming up and I need to stock up on paper goods. Between sales tax and unloading the car, getting them upstairs to my apartment, etc. Jet.com began to look more interesting. So I took another closer look today. Keeping track of what I was ordering, my bill came to over $90.00. With the discounts, my final bill was less than $80.00. And that is not counting the free shipping and no sales tax of 6.25% if I had bought these items in my local grocery store. The only two products I didn't get were napkins and coffee filters for my coffee maker. I don't use napkins and house brand coffee filters are cheap enough that I don't mind buying them at the grocery store.

Jet.com has a new steady customer. I did buy in bulk so it will be at least six months before I have to place another order. By purchasing paper plates and small bowls, what I save in Dawn alone for washing the few dishes I dirty, adds up. And the sales tax for the large Dawn is more than a six month supply of paper plates.

Then I sat back and enjoyed watching the World Skating Championships for dancing being held at the Boston Garden. Tonight the Men's Short Program will be on NBCSP at 10 p.m. EDT. I have a busy day tomorrow. My physical therapist is coming at 11 in the morning and right after she leaves, I have to head for an appointment with my cardio doctor. I better be back in time for tomorrow's skating. It starts at 4 p.m. Checking the times and dates so far do not interfere with any medical appointments. If they do, the medical appointments will have to wait. World Championships comes to Boston to infrequently. :angel:

Someone a while back mentioned Jet.com. So I went and took a look. It looked interesting, but I didn't look into it too deeply.

Lately I have been seeing the TV ads for the site. Well, my monthly shopping is coming up and I need to stock up on paper goods. Between sales tax and unloading the car, getting them upstairs to my apartment, etc. Jet.com began to look more interesting. So I took another closer look today. Keeping track of what I was ordering, my bill came to over $90.00. With the discounts, my final bill was less than $80.00. And that is not counting the free shipping and no sales tax of 6.25% if I had bought these items in my local grocery store. The only two products I didn't get were napkins and coffee filters for my coffee maker. I don't use napkins and house brand coffee filters are cheap enough that I don't mind buying them at the grocery store.

Jet.com has a new steady customer. I did buy in bulk so it will be at least six months before I have to place another order. By purchasing paper plates and small bowls, what I save in Dawn alone for washing the few dishes I dirty, adds up. And the sales tax for the large Dawn is more than a six month supply of paper plates....
:angel:

Addie....for as few dishes as you say you use, a bottle of Dawn is MUCH cheaper than buying 6 months worth of paper plates and paper bowls....just sayin'. Not to mention the store brand dishwashing liquid you can find at your Market Basket that is less expensive than Dawn. But I'm glad you found something that works for you.

Last edited:
:flowers: :sick:
Lady, you need to learn how to have fun and that ain't it! Take it from me. I know! :angel:
Yup, don't I know it
I hope you feel better soon, Taxy. ...

Taxy, I feel for you. Please get better soon! ...
Thanks ladies. Stirling is just getting over this. Took him about 2 weeks. So, I figure just under a week left. I actually am a bit better, but soooo tired of this. At least the headaches are gone.

Addie, I have been ordering groceries for online delivery for over a year now. I started with an organics company that only delivers and then when my grocery store started I registered with them as well. I go shopping when I can but I really love the online delivery service for those times (like now) when I can't drive because of pain and pain meds. I have a small order coming tomorrow.

I just got a small shipment from Jet.com. Love the convenience and they have things I cannot get around here in cow/corn country.

Today was supposed to be yard clean up day...but with 4 inches of snow, high wind gusts of 45 mph and snow still falling, it just did not happen.

Quite a nice day after a cold start. We're working in the garden preparing the ground to plant potatoes. Then it will be time to feed the pigs, and make dinner. Tonight it's lamb chops with cous-cous and roast vegetables.

Addie....for as few dishes as you say you use, a bottle of Dawn is MUCH cheaper than buying 6 months worth of paper plates and paper bowls....just sayin'. Not to mention the store brand dishwashing liquid you can find at your Market Basket that is less expensive than Dawn. But I'm glad you found something that works for you.

It is more than just saving on the Dawn. Every item I ordered was tax free. And they cost a lot less than what I would have paid at my supermarket along with better quality. At my supermarket, I usually buy the house brand on the paper products. I also bought the soap pods for laundry. And I bought a bigger container and better product than I usually buy and at a lesser price than I pay for my usual.

So for me, I think Jet.com is definitely a savings. I have four monthly bills and after that is done with, I am left with a little over $200.00 to last me for the month. Out of that $200. I have to pay cash for taxable items plus the sales tax. Everything I purchased was a taxable item. :angel:

I absolutely agree with you that jet.com has some fabulous deals, Addie! I'm just getting ready to place an order. :)

---------------
Been busy working in the yard AGAIN today. :ermm::LOL: I got sidetracked though, and decided the sliding glass door to the patio needed washing...that led to more window washing...not my favorite job but needs to be done. Taking a little snack break for now. :chef:

I absolutely agree with you that jet.com has some fabulous deals, Addie! I'm just getting ready to place an order. :)

---------------
Been busy working in the yard AGAIN today. :ermm::LOL: I got sidetracked though, and decided the sliding glass door to the patio needed washing...that led to more window washing...not my favorite job but needs to be done. Taking a little snack break for now. :chef:

I placed my order yesterday afternoon and when I got back from the doctor's. there was this huge box in the lobby with my name on it. I still have four more items that are coming separately. I put the box on my scooter and brought it upstairs. I couldn't get it through my door while it was on the scooter, so I walked it in. :wacko: Good Grief! That box was heavy. It is three feet long and one foot high. And it packed to the very fullest. :angel:

Drinking coffee and checking the grocery flyers.

I don't really need much, my little freezer compartment is crammed to the brim with various odds and ends.

I think for the next two weeks I will focus on inventory reduction, just buy a few "go with" items and fresh produce.

It will be tough for me to pass up the weekly specials.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me! "Two elephants for a quarter is only a great deal, if you need two elephants!" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm working on decorating a set of floating shelves DH built and installed in our sitting/guest room.

A few years ago, I made these display frames from something I found on Pinterest for souvenir magnets from our trips. DH cut a steel sheet to fit the frames and I put the magnets on it. The steel has rusted over time, so today I trimmed construction paper to cover the it and cleaned up the magnets. Need a few more items for the top shelf.

Attachments

• 1459637224527.jpg
    1459637224527.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 1459637239995.jpg
    1459637239995.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 125
I like to do upcycling i.e. recycling/adapting items for a new lease of life.

I found some rainbow coloured fabric and covered the arching branch of a rose bush and incorporated a tropical parrot that I also found (discarded!)

img_1461143_0_0a8944eabfdebcf3e729c5ec06ad651b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom