What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been watching gobs of birds flitting back and forth from the feeders. Every once in a while I have to open the door to toss a handful of peanuts to the squirrel so he drops from the sunflower feeder, though. :glare: I also used a large can from chopped tomatoes to toss seed all over the top of the snow, since we have a goodly number of ground feeders. Cardinals and juncos everywhere! :heart:

...A few years ago, I made these display frames from something I found on Pinterest for souvenir magnets from our trips. DH cut a steel sheet to fit the frames and I put the magnets on it...
That is a great idea, GG! I've collected pins from each of the National Parks we've visited. I've wanted to get a fabric map of the contiguous United States so I could pin each in the state the park is in. So far, though, inertia is winning.

I also collected pins from the Parks, I found a branch on one camping trip that could be used as a walking stick and have studded it with the pins.

I feed the birds here and most all the winter feeders have moved on. I do have juncos, chickadees, and ruffous sided towhees nesting in the green belt though. Saturday there was a pileated woodpecker calling in the neighborhood and band tailed pigeons in the tree tops. They do come to the bird feeder but are extremely shy. They see any little movement and they're gone.

My gang of flying pigs are all hanging around waiting for sunflower seeds. A squirrel just rolled up to the seed dish on the deck. I have well-fed wildlife in the backyard.

Yesterday morning at 7 a.m. I was waiting for Spike to pick me up for shopping. Now we have a beautiful maple tree right in the middle o the patio. At this time of year it is full of new green leaves. Even the leaves don't want to come out and show themselves. Too dang cold!

All of a sudden I see a whole flock of Robins land on the ground right in front of the door. I think they were searching for the route back to Florida. I felt so bad for them. If I had the time I would have gone back upstairs and got the rest of an old loaf of bread that was heading for the trash.

Seen on Facebook by Pirate: "Wanted, Mother Nature. Missing! Bipolar. Off her meds. Please call if found! :angel:

Laundry. Beagle is happily ensconced in the nice warm sheets I pulled from the dryer. I made the big mistake of not folding them immediately.

Last edited:
Laundry. Beagle is happily ensconced in the nice warm sheets I pulled from the dryer. I made the big mistake of not folding them immediately.

One day when Teddy was here, I brought up a load of laundry straight from the dryer. Dumped it on my bed and Teddy found himself a nice warm place to take his nap. So much for folding the laundry before wrinkles set in. You go Beagle! :angel:

Waking up, playing policewoman, then I plan on finishing cleaning the garage today. It's supposed to rain, so I am not getting to the yard this weekend. If I can, I would like to finish digging up the front flower bed.

Feeling stupid and paying for it.

Sunday is when I usually prepare a more elaborate breakfast and today was no exception. So I opened up our nice little Cuisinart Griddler and loaded it up with some very decent bacon. Closed 'er up and set to preparing the rest of the meal.

Went over to flip the bacon and tipped the appliance a little to let the grease flow a little faster into the...drip tray. THAT WASN'T THERE!!

I was on "automatic" and had failed to remember that the tray was in the now clean load of the dishwasher. Can you say "bacon grease all over the kitchen counter?" What a mess.

Definitely jump started my morning.

Took a while, but it's all cleaned up now and I won't do that again!!

As my very, very wise grandpapa used to say, "If you don't use your head, you'll use your feet." In this case not my feet so much as my hands from scrubbing. Lesson learned.

Bummer, Katie. All the bacon grease lost, aside from the work of cleaning it up. Hope the rest of your day goes better.

Decision made, shower and walk over to Mom and Dad's, borrow Dad and the pickup for a landfill run. Dad won't let anyone else drive the pickup due to insurance reasons. Even though I am covered in any vehicle I drive.

SO and I made an early run to Lowe's and Ace Hardware to get ready for her gardening season. Now I'm making some corned beef hash with some L/O corned beef from last month. Water's hot for poaching some eggs. I'm starving!

I always thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest. Ha! Not for me. Yesterday Pirate made a fantastic Marinara Sauce for my granddaughter and her girlfriend. It was the one dish she requested. So he made a pot of it filled to the brim. He also cooked some pork pieces, meatballs, and other meats. He was standing on his legs most of the day and is paying for it today. The neuropathy has kicked in big time. So guess who gets to clean up the mess.

So far I had the sink empty until I had to put the stove drip pans soaking in ammonia and soapy water. Now I have to clean off the top of the stove and back splash. Then I get to scrub the drip pans. I still have to put away the clean dishes that are dried by now. The cleans pans are also done and put away. The dishes need to be put away before I scrub the drip pans. Or I will be washing them again.

I do take a break every so often. But they seem to come more frequent and last longer than the previous one. :angel:

I'm procrastinating about doing our taxes. DH continues to nag me about getting them done, but since we don't get a refund, why rush? We have until the18th, and why give the gobmint our money ahead of time?

And more laundry.

I may start gathering the relevant documents tomorrow. Admittedly, I'm much more interested in planning our next vacation.

Back
Top Bottom