What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they're all pretty user-friendly, Cheryl. I have some not-so-straight-forward stuff too, including S-Corps, etc.

With my TaxAct, I just had to plug in numbers. Painful, but not terribly difficult.

Does anyone know if TurboTax is user friendly when it comes to stocks, bonds, capital gains/losses and all that stuff? I'd like to do my own taxes and save the $230 to have it done but to be honest going through those pages makes my head hurt. Taxy, Andy....anyone?

Yes, very much so. TT can import financial info directly from other institutions for 1095's and to complete your Schedule D, for instance. You need to use Turbo Tax Premier.

Last edited:
I just got my call about the dreaded income tax and now the faxing begins!

To paraphrase Charlotte Perkins Gilman

There's a whining at the threshold,
There's a scratching at the floor,
To work! To work! In Heaven's name!
The IRS is at the door! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm more or less recuperated from bringing the groceries from the door to the kitchen. That was the internet order I placed last night. I guess I better put stuff away. I did immediately put away milk, cream, bacon, and frozen corn.

...Does anyone know if TurboTax is user friendly when it comes to stocks, bonds, capital gains/losses and all that stuff? I'd like to do my own taxes and save the $230 to have it done but to be honest going through those pages makes my head hurt. Taxy, Andy....anyone?

As road fix said...

TurboTax Premier. Just tell them who your broker is and give them log in info and the software does the rest. I think I paid $69 at Costco. You can also go online.

As road fix said...

TurboTax Premier. Just tell them who your broker is and give them log in info and the software does the rest. I think I paid $69 at Costco. You can also go online.

Thank you so much Andy and RF for the tip on TT Premier. I'll definitely look into it - hopefully by next tax season I'll save a few bucks. :)

Took another load of laundry out of the dryer, and dumped it on the couch. Guess who is enjoying being smack in the middle of DH's boxers, tennis socks, and tshirts? The same one I just took out for her final foray of the evening.

Not my problem.

Go Beagle! :angel:

Come every April, I am so glad that I am fully retired and on a fixed income. I don't receive enough income for the government to even know who I am. But my sympathies are with all of you who still have to file.

And right now I am watching Despicable Me II with Pirate. But not for long. I have to go downstairs and retrieve my drip pans from the kitchen stove in the Community Room. Saves me a lot of scrubbing. And tomorrow is Election Day and the voting is done for the public in our community room. :angel:

Last edited:
Finally got home from the ER, was having chest pains as I was driving to work. Have a heart monitor for the next two weeks. Now trying to relax and then to bed for a couple hours.

Finally got home from the ER, was having chest pains as I was driving to work. Have a heart monitor for the next two weeks. Now trying to relax and then to bed for a couple hours.
Oh that's awful PF. I do hope you have lots of ways you know to help you relax, e.g. your favourite music.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Oh dear. Sending positive vibes in your direction. Did they figure out what was going on?

No, that's why the heart monitor, we were unable to record the same event while I was in the ER. It made me pull the car over and sit for about 5 minutes until the pains went away with a nitro...it also made me visit the ER. My DON is watching my floor at work tonight. I'm supposed to just do my usual things and the monitor will time any events. It has it's own "Internet Connection" and is sending all realtime info to the cardiology department in Scottsbluff, NE. Also has a button to push for 911 with a GPS since I am out in the sticks.

Seriously, I feel okay...just woozy from all the nitro and IV toradol. My folks and Shrek had to come rescue me and the car from the hospital. I could hear when Mom showed up..."You have my daughter, where is she?":rolleyes::LOL:

:ohmy:

You and Shrek are in my thoughts.

I know this is a serious matter but you may be able to use this to your advantage for the next couple of weeks.

Oh Shrek dear, could you get me a drink.

Oh Shrek dear, would you mind doing this little load of laundry.

Oh Shrek dear, could you clean the litter box.

Oh Shrek dear... :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:ohmy:

You and Shrek are in my thoughts.

I know this is a serious matter but you may be able to use this to your advantage for the next couple of weeks.

Oh Shrek dear, could you get me a drink.

Oh Shrek dear, would you mind doing this little load of laundry.

Oh Shrek dear, could you clean the litter box.

Oh Shrek dear... :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

He is already hovering enough...making me crazy with "Are you okay?" if I even make an exertion sound while standing up.:rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I may get breakfast out of it...:pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom