What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got home from the ER, was having chest pains as I was driving to work. Have a heart monitor for the next two weeks. Now trying to relax and then to bed for a couple hours.

Do you keep oxygen in the house for the Ogre? I do know that for each of my three heart attacks, as soon as I started to inhale that oxygen, my heart started to feel and behave better. Take care of yourself. We all love you and care. :angel:

Finally got home from the ER, was having chest pains as I was driving to work. Have a heart monitor for the next two weeks. Now trying to relax and then to bed for a couple hours.

? What a scare for you and your family! I hope you feel better now that you've slept, and that the people at the other end of the monitor figure out what's wrong and get you straightened out. ((Hugs))

Eeps PF.

Went for a lolly gagging walk around the neighborhood today. Saw two houses with blooming tulips and some daffodils. Both were on the south-sides and pretty much hugging the foundations. Still, nice to see some color.

Eeps PF.

Went for a lolly gagging walk around the neighborhood today. Saw two houses with blooming tulips and some daffodils. Both were on the south-sides and pretty much hugging the foundations. Still, nice to see some color.

I saw some crocus trying to peep through the cold earth the other day. What a delightful sight.

Today, I got word that come 4/21 all my furniture has to be moved out so that my new floor can be installed. So in order to make room for the small stuff to go into the back room, I have been cleaning out stuff that I have moved from house to house. Stuff I never even look at unless I am moving. :angel:

Beagle and I took a long walk around the 'hoods. Lots of daffodils blooming. Peony folliage starting to peek up. Weather was gorgeous, no wind, sunny, and upper 60's.

DH got to travel in a company plane this morning to Kansas with 4 co-workers, where he gets treated to 27 holes of golf (he hasn't played golf for over 20 years, he's not looking forward to that part), a private house, and a private chef!

Last edited:
Wow, what a treat for Mister Dawg! Let us know what he requested from the private chef. :) I'm not sure I'd even know where to begin...:ermm::ohmy::chef:

I'm enjoying being at home. My non-chlorinated towel to dry my face with. My non-chlorinated sheets to sleep in. My non-chlorinated bath towel... In case you can't tell, the hotel we stayed at used chlorine with a very heavy hand. When you went into the bathroom after showering, the place smelled like a pool house! Himself said he can still smell the stuff on his pajamas that he wore there. :ermm: I'll be getting fresh nicegown tonight. ;)

Beagle and I took a long walk around the 'hoods. Lots of daffodils blooming. Peony folliage starting to peek up. Weather was gorgeous, no wind, sunny, and upper 60's.

DH got to travel in a company plane...where he gets treated to...a private chef!
:huh: Wait, I thought that YOU were his private chef! :LOL:

I'm enjoying being at home. My non-chlorinated towel to dry my face with. My non-chlorinated sheets to sleep in. My non-chlorinated bath towel... In case you can't tell, the hotel we stayed at used chlorine with a very heavy hand. When you went into the bathroom after showering, the place smelled like a pool house! Himself said he can still smell the stuff on his pajamas that he wore there. :ermm: I'll be getting fresh nicegown tonight. ;)
Wow - did you mention it to the hotel staff? Nothing gets changed if no-one complains. ;)

DH got to travel in a company plane this morning to Kansas with 4 co-workers, where he gets treated to 27 holes of golf (he hasn't played golf for over 20 years, he's not looking forward to that part), a private house, and a private chef!

;) Oh how he suffers in order to give Beagle and you a good home. :angel:

Glad to hear you and Himself are home safe and sound, CG. It always feels so nice to get back to your own home after a such a long road trip. :) All that hotel room chlorine would have given me a headache, that's for sure.

I'm making a shopping list - HAVE to do a little grocery shopping before Tyler gets here at noon. It's crazy windy and I don't particularly want to go, but I'm almost completely out of fresh fruits and veggies. That just won't do. :ermm::LOL:

Last night when I hit the bed I went into a beautiful, deep sound sleep. So since I feel so good today, I am continuing to do some deep cleaning and tossing out things. And in that process I have managed to create four loads of laundry. Stuff that has been sitting around in the closet for a couple of years and needs to be refreshed.

I just may have worked up an appetite for that pork chop. :angel:

Wow, what a treat for Mister Dawg! Let us know what he requested from the private chef. :) I'm not sure I'd even know where to begin...:ermm::ohmy::chef:

DH just returned. He had a fantastic time! He just went along for the ride on the golf trip, didn't swing a club. I demanded a full report.

Chef Mike made the guys jumbo shrimp, bacon-wrapped scallops, and upscale pigs in a blanket for appetizers. Then Cobb salad. Entree was perfectly cooked medium rare filet mignon with grilled asparagus. Dessert was fresh apple pie with ice cream.

Mucho vino was also consumed.

I am envious.

Wow - did you mention it to the hotel staff? Nothing gets changed if no-one complains. ;)
I usually do when we have that problem at a particular hotel, especially if we stop at one on a regular basis. This time I got the "it's to maintain sheets that don't harbor bacteria" line. Fortunately, we will probably not need to stay at that particular location again.

We're lucky the two hotels that are regulars along our route when driving to see our kids have switched to oxygen bleach. No odor, no rash on my face. :)

DH just returned. He had a fantastic time! He just went along for the ride on the golf trip, didn't swing a club. I demanded a full report.

Chef Mike made the guys jumbo shrimp, bacon-wrapped scallops, and upscale pigs in a blanket for appetizers. Then Cobb salad. Entree was perfectly cooked medium rare filet mignon with grilled asparagus. Dessert was fresh apple pie with ice cream.

Mucho vino was also consumed.

I am envious.

Holy cow. I'm dying here reading about that after having my tuna sandwich for dinner. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Holy cow. I'm dying here reading about that after having my tuna sandwich for dinner. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I know! I forgot to mention the twice- baked potato. I had leftover Chinese.

Pity that wives were not included in the trip. I told DH that situation needs to change.

Back
Top Bottom