What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Weber going with some charcoal and hickory chunks. An 8 pound pork butt, well rubbed with my favorite rub is smoking away. After a couple of hours I'll move it to the oven to finish over night. That will be tomorrow's dinner with cole slaw and potato salad.

Thank you everyone :)

Were, well let's say he's doing much better today. He slept well last night.

He will never ever have to be put through that stress test or the treadmill for the rest of his life. It was that test that I mentioned here a few weeks ago that had me concerned. Now we know my instincts are pretty damn good.

Strange how we both had the feeling that after reading the fine print that he would be one the rare few that has an allergic reaction to the meds they shot him up with.

Now I need to try an unstress myself and get those flowers planted.
I'm wound up like a rubber band. Ready to sling across the room.

Talk about a Swingin' Munky! :ROFLMAO:

I have the Weber going with some charcoal and hickory chunks. An 8 pound pork butt, well rubbed with my favorite rub is smoking away. After a couple of hours I'll move it to the oven to finish over night. That will be tomorrow's dinner with cole slaw and potato salad.

Whoa Andy!!!

What time is dinner tomorrow. I'm starving and really tired of fast food.
That sounds sooo good.:chef:

Wow, Munky, I bet your DH wasn't the only one in that room with heart palpitations! I'm glad to hear he felt better today. Must be a testament to the wonderful nurse he has at home. You take good care of both of you.

Thank you everyone :)

Were, well let's say he's doing much better today. He slept well last night.

He will never ever have to be put through that stress test or the treadmill for the rest of his life. It was that test that I mentioned here a few weeks ago that had me concerned. Now we know my instincts are pretty damn good.

Strange how we both had the feeling that after reading the fine print that he would be one the rare few that has an allergic reaction to the meds they shot him up with.

Now I need to try an unstress myself and get those flowers planted.
I'm wound up like a rubber band. Ready to sling across the room.

Talk about a Swingin' Munky! :ROFLMAO:

I am very glad everything turned out all right. Very scary.

I'm trying to wake up and get out side for planting. Have many things to get into the ground.

I wish I had read this yesterday. It's a pretty long drive from PA to MA. (Is that the correct abbreviation?)

Munky, I'm sorry to hear what DH had to go through, and I hope he's recovering nicely. I have had that test many times due to my heart issues, and now with my bad knee I cannot do the treadmill and I do the one where they inject me with the drug that makes me feel like I'm running a marathon, while just lying there.

My quiet, relaxing Sunday was suddenly turned into absolute chaos!

I was doing some gardening so didn't notice what had occurred in the flat above....the boiler had broken down/burst...and I came back into my flat to see water dripping quite profusely into my front room and kitchen from the ceiling above! :ohmy:

It was quite dangerous in the kitchen since it was dripping down from the light socket! Needless to say I turned the electrics off at the mains. Luckily the water in the front room was not over the TV or computer, but still not great since it saturated a small antiques 3 tiered table that was french polished. :ermm:

My riding concern was that I might have to wait until the electrics dried at the light socket before the electrics could be switched back on, i.e. how long would I have to be without TV and computer access? Thankfully not long since the workers dried out the disengaged light socket (by turning back on the mains and using my hair dryer on it). Massive clean up operation now - well, that's my workout sorted for today then! :rolleyes:

The owner of the above flat said she is insured and she had her workmen hoover up the water e.g. in the kitchen and on the saturated carpets in frontroom. She already had 2 emergencies earlier in the week, e.g. calling out AA whilst she was childminding and calling the police over a suspicious character breaking into a car. So I felt sorry for her but couldn't contain my distress that much either over the extent of this calamity impacting on my flat.

Last edited:
Gee Munky, I am so happy that DH is all right. After three heart attacks, they now give me the stress test sitting down in a nice comfortable chair. I found out later that the room that the test is done in, the walls are specially treated because the medicine is Nuclear. Interesting.

Oh dear Creative. I once lived in a building and the woman upstairs was filling her tub. She fell asleep and before you knew it, my bathroom was getting her overflow through the ceiling. Not a fun mess to clean up. I would rather take a shower. The water goes down the drain as you are getting clean. :angel:

creative, that is an absolutely horrid way to spend any afternoon. :( I hope everything is cleaned up to your satisfaction, and that your antique table ends up being OK. The tenant above you should make sure her insurance company checks over the table and arranges for any restoration needed. Good luck.

Well, that's just lousy, creative. Hope everything turns out OK.

I'm still cleaning dead stuff out of the garden beds. I looked into the woods, and was so happy to see that the big patch of dogtooth violets' mottled leaves are up. No flowers yet. In the near distance there's a bunch of purple somethings blooming, will have to put on long pants and go down to see what they are. I think it's too early for wild phlox yet.

When I'm smoking food on my Weber, why does the whole house smell of smoke when all the doors and windows have been closed tight?

Munky...what a scare! I'm so glad to hear that you and the Mr. are home now and doing better.

creative - holy cow, what a way to break up your relaxing Sunday! Good grief. I hope the insurance takes care of it and that your little table is none the worse for wear.

Andy...I guess smoke just manages to find a way to seep inside. I know when I grill on the patio my kitchen smells like charcoal for quite a while. Sounds like a yummy roast, btw. :yum:

Ever have an this is it "I'm actually a Geriatric now?"

It just hit me.Was sitting here planning out my to do list for the day. Getting ready for the weekend, Menu and such. Kids are coming home to celebrate my husbands Birthday. That's when it hit. His birthday was yesterday!:ermm::ohmy:

Now I feel like dirt that I forgot and didn't wish him a happy birthday.

Too much on my mind these days. Phone has been ringing off the hook.
People stopping by unannounced with (Little midget humans in tow)

And my sister has put together some of my mothers personal belongings that she wants me to have that will be here tomorrow.

It's going to be an interesting weekend. Quik lets get this over. It never happened!:ROFLMAO::LOL::ermm:

Welcome to my world, Munky! And you don't have to be old for that to happen. Your mind is busy with so much stuff it's impossible to remember everything. Like who you are! I was only 30 when our kids were 10 months old. For the life of me I could not remember if Himself's birthday was November 6 or 7. I called my oh-so-organized aunt...and never lived that call down. LOL!

Munky, a few years ago I put Stirling and my sister's birthdays on my calendar with reminders starting a week before the birthday. Those are birthdays I should be able to remember, but not taking any chances.

I'm lucky. DH was born on the 4th of July. Hard to forget. He still gets confused about when my birthday is, but he does remember our anniversary date. I don't, I have to look at the wedding certificate.

Eons ago, his mother put together a calendar page with all the family birthdays at the time. I gave it a permanent place on my wine cork bulletin board, and add any other kids' birthdays as they have them. It's my go-to.

I made sure our wedding date was engraved inside our wedding rings, to make it easy to check. Yup, I've had to. Well, it was to check the year. :rolleyes:

Welcome to my world, Munky! And you don't have to be old for that to happen. Your mind is busy with so much stuff it's impossible to remember everything. Like who you are! I was only 30 when our kids were 10 months old. For the life of me I could not remember if Himself's birthday was November 6 or 7. I called my oh-so-organized aunt...and never lived that call down. LOL!

Oh, I can just bet she had a field day with that one.:LOL:

Someone asked me what my real name was the other day. Your right. Who am I? Naturally I out loud, mind you in public replied, "Munky"

Hubby almost died laughing. He's been playing with fire.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom