What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never heard of Jet before either. I see several Kirkland brand products ( coffee, various snacking nuts, spices). Is Jet related to Costco, or do they just carry a few of their products. I see some amount sizes are in the familiar giganto Costco sizes.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'd never heard of Jet but spent the last few minutes perusing their site. What do you buy from them? I occasionally order groceries and other stuff from Amazon Prime Pantry and WalMart. Not in love with either.

Our food and clothing along with medical services and others are exempt from the State Sales Tax. Household goods such as paper towels, soaps, pet food etc. are all taxable. So that is what I order. Taxable items only. Our sales tax rate is 6% on each dollar. Considering I order the very large of any item, I save a considerable amount in tax money over a year.

Last order I bought the largest container of Gain laundry pods. It will most likely last me for six months or more. If I had bought it at my supermarket I would be buying just a large container each month. And each month it would have cost me $4 or $5 in sales tax. When you consider I order everything in the largest size they sell, that adds up at the end of the year in savings. This is only my second order. Each order, I get my most immediate needs knowing there will still be plenty of that order left when I place my next order. Even I was surprised at just how many taxable items I use. No wonder tax free weekend is so popular. The only problem with that is that the stores are jammed. And I don't have a car, so New Hampshire is not an option for me either.

So if you have a sales tax in your state, you can save a lot of money by the end of the year. Some states even tax their food. The following states have no sales tax at all. Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon. Here's hoping your state is one of them. :angel:

I've never heard of Jet before either. I see several Kirkland brand products ( coffee, various snacking nuts, spices). Is Jet related to Costco, or do they just carry a few of their products. I see some amount sizes are in the familiar giganto Costco sizes.

I don't know. :angel:

I pay 9.75 sales tax on virtually everything including food.
  • 7.00% state
  • 2.25% county
  • 0.50% city
The guys with flag pins on their lapel are quick to point out there is no income tax though. Google regressive taxation.

I'll place an order with Jet tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again.

I pay 9.75 sales tax on virtually everything including food.
  • 7.00% state
  • 2.25% county
  • 0.50% city
The guys with flag pins on their lapel are quick to point out there is no income tax though. Google regressive taxation.

I'll place an order with Jet tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again.

Fortunately for you, Jet has no agreement to collect taxes for your state. :angel:

Addie,
...In less than 20 minutes I spied and plucked 6, yes 6, four-leaf clovers in the back yard. Four were in one small area and the other two were in two other, quite separate, areas from the first bunch...I'll add them to the two I found in May. Wonder how many I'll have by wintertime?!
If anyone deserves a run of good luck, Katie, it is you. :heart: You sure have had more than your share of tough luck lately.

Addie,
If anyone deserves a run of good luck, Katie, it is you. :heart: You sure have had more than your share of tough luck lately.

Thanks Cooking Goddess. I'm ready for some positive experiences.

If I were inclined to play the lottery, perhaps my time should be now.:rolleyes:

Still, I was amazed at my run of luck finding all those clovers. It'll be interesting if I find any tomorrow when I water. I might have gathered my quota today. I'll find out tomorrow morning.

I just finished ordering some vaping supplies and now I'm about to place a grocery order.

Taxy,
Vaping supplies... Is it for those E pens? Excuse my ignorance, what is that?
Whatcha up to?

If it's anything bad sign me up to!:LOL:

Back on my comp after a much needed break.
I've been overdoing things around the house and did something to my back that's had me in serious pain. Sitting at my desk has been impossible.

I was able to check in here from time to time. Remind me to get my laptop set up to log in here and see what's been cooking.

Trust me sitting around not being able to do much has been driving me up the wall. Needless to say I've missed reading all the good foodie posts and pics.

Teasers!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Taxy,
Vaping supplies... Is it for those E pens? Excuse my ignorance, what is that?
Whatcha up to?

If it's anything bad sign me up to!:LOL:
It's for e-cigs to help me quit smoking. It's a smokeless way of getting nicotine.

Bad? Well, I dunno, but friends have pointed out that once Canada legalizes pot (which our Prime Minister has promised to do), we can "vape" the pot. I'm not clear on how the pot gets into the liquid that gets vaporized.

It's for e-cigs to help me quit smoking. It's a smokeless way of getting nicotine.

Bad? Well, I dunno, but friends have pointed out that once Canada legalizes pot (which our Prime Minister has promised to do), we can "vape" the pot. I'm not clear on how the pot gets into the liquid that gets vaporized.

Well Duh on me. I should have known better. Need another cup of coffee.
Wakey, wakey Munky!:ohmy:

My husband and I have a few of those. We haven't tried the flavored ones yet. We bought them like you to cut down, or to have a smoke in public.

Here they are banned just as much as a real cigarette is. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't. Your not allowed to even smoke in your own vehicle in a public area. How stupid is that?

As far as the pot goes. I don't use them. But have heard that they have pens that that are much like the E pens. Insert a cartridge. It vaporizes.
They do have different types available. You don't even smell it. It depends on the persons needs.
I'm not a pot pro. It's just what I've heard.

Well Duh on me. I should have known better. Need another cup of coffee.
Wakey, wakey Munky!:ohmy:

My husband and I have a few of those. We haven't tried the flavored ones yet. We bought them like you to cut down, or to have a smoke in public.

Here they are banned just as much as a real cigarette is. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't. Your not allowed to even smoke in your own vehicle in a public area. How stupid is that?

As far as the pot goes. I don't use them. But have heard that they have pens that that are much like the E pens. Insert a cartridge. It vaporizes.
They do have different types available. You don't even smell it. It depends on the persons needs.
I'm not a pot pro. It's just what I've heard.
I bought a kit that has batteries separate from the tubes where the vaping happens and that part is refillable. I bought several different flavours (and a couple of different nicotine strengths) to see what I like. Mostly I got flavours that taste like a cigarette. Maybe, once pot is legal here, they will start selling "e-juice" with pot in it.

Yeah, they just passed really strict laws about smoking here and all of them apply equally to vaping. Okay, maybe the non-smokers shouldn't have to be exposed to vaping, but this is absurd. No smoking on the terrasse of a bar or resto. No smoking within 9 metres (~30') of a door or window that can open. Technically, I can't smoke or vape in my tiny backyard, because by the time I'm 9 metres from my patio door, I'm outside my yard. Sheesh.

I bought a kit that has batteries separate from the tubes where the vaping happens and that part is refillable. I bought several different flavours (and a couple of different nicotine strengths) to see what I like. Mostly I got flavours that taste like a cigarette. Maybe, once pot is legal here, they will start selling "e-juice" with pot in it.

Yeah, they just passed really strict laws about smoking here and all of them apply equally to vaping. Okay, maybe the non-smokers shouldn't have to be exposed to vaping, but this is absurd. No smoking on the terrasse of a bar or resto. No smoking within 9 metres (~30') of a door or window that can open. Technically, I can't smoke or vape in my tiny backyard, because by the time I'm 9 metres from my patio door, I'm outside my yard. Sheesh.

Goofy, isn't it? I got my e-cig to keep me sane at the airports. Both my sister and a good friend use theirs to replace smoking. It's silly to regulate them so much.

I made a bunch of rhubarb juice. DH absolutely loves it. Just chopped up rhubarb and water, boil, simmer, no sugar needed.

Last edited:
I know. The e-cigs are primarily water, no smell, and it's worse to go outside and breathe in car exhaust or pollen.

I know. The e-cigs are primarily water, no smell, and it's worse to go outside and breathe in car exhaust or pollen.
Water, really? The stuff I use is mostly propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine. But, no smell in the vape according to Stirling, who has never smoked. He was actually trying to smell it.

The anti-smoking laws seem to be more about punishing smokers than about a reasonable way to protect non-smokers.

Not only that the State wants their piece of the pie as well.
Taxes! A pack here is $5.56

We have now that I've checked 2 types of pens.
I really like the rechargeable lighters that you plug into a USB cable.

I've had one Dr who asked me about my cutting down on smoking I told him I've been subbing by using the pen. The guy was basically clueless as to what I was talking about. He just made the comment "I've heard of those" What, seriously? Don't you keep up with the times? I've at least made an effort. I think he just wanted to lecture me to quit.
As he was telling me of his stresses, I like a lil' smartass asked him if he wanted a smoke?:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Lit a real smoke up as I left the building. Just to do it.:LOL:

The anti-smoking laws seem to be more about punishing smokers than about a reasonable way to protect non-smokers.
I agree, and I am an ardent anti-smoker Never smoked, but grew up in a house with three who did. When I got married and moved out, clean air never smelled so good. I can't stand the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke, and hate when people crowd around the doorways of the building I'm trying to enter. I take a deep breath before I get to the plume of smoke and don't exhale until I'm inside the place. :LOL: If a business has to chase their smokers outside to adhere to regulations, it would be nice if they provided a protected area away from the entrance.

Pretty soon someone is going to regulate how many exhales you can take a day. Gotta watch for all of that carbon dioxide, you know. ;)

I'm officially old - or pretty close to it. I logged onto the Medicare website and applied for my Medicare card. At least my health insurance costs will be a lot lower when I'm done having to get insurance through the Health Connector site - less than half of what I'm paying now. Nice!

I'm a close one year away to applying for Medicare and SS. Boy have the past few years gone by fast. :ohmy::LOL:
-----------------------
It's a little after 5PM here now, and Tyler got picked up a half hour ago. Now that school is out of session for the summer, I've been having him full time while Mom and Dad are at work. 7:45 to 4:30. He is such a nice little boy and lots of fun, but by the time afternoon is here I'm worn out. :LOL: I refuse to set him in front of the TV all day, and he wouldn't be happy with that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom