What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That must have been a miserably hot flight, Steve. Thank you again for all you do for the Angel Flight patients. :heart:

I'm making Mexican pickles with some of the zucchini and jalapeño pepper from the garden, as well as a store-bought red onion. It will go with dinner tonight - shredded chicken tacos, aka pollo tinga.

Attachments

• 1466534611421.jpg
    1466534611421.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 1466534622855.jpg
    1466534622855.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 86
Those are so colorful, GG. I'm sure you'll share a photo of the finished product when you post tonight's dinner photo, right? ;)

I want to make a berry-cherry crisp later, using up the cherries I bought last week and a pint of blues from the same shopping trip. So far I've washed the cherries...:whistling:

Dang. I'm beat. Was down at the pool floating around on my floaty thing, and an ant that was floating around without a floaty thing bit me. Hard. I dropped my Kindle in the deep end of the pool, right by the drain. Took me over an hour of diving down, poking and dragging the Kindle with the skimmer net, only to have it sucked back into the drain. When I dove down, I couldn't see it, even though our pool is nice and clear. I probably should have gone home and gotten my mask. My hair clip escaped to the drain, and having long hair didn't help with the rescue.

I finally dragged it into the almost shallow end with the skimmer pole. Our neighbor's sister brought her daughter and niece down, and she rescued it for me, along with my hair clip that was lost in the effort. My eyes are now a lovely shade of red from the chlorine, and I'm not sure the Kindle can be revived, despite having a waterproof case. Thankfully I have another one, this was my pool Kindle.

Last edited:
Dang. I'm beat. Was down at the pool floating around on my floaty thing, and an ant that was floating around without a floaty thing bit me. Hard. I dropped my Kindle in the deep end of the pool, right by the drain. Took me over an hour of diving down, poking and dragging the Kindle with the skimmer net, only to have it sucked back into the drain. When I dove down, I couldn't see it, even though our pool is nice and clear. I probably should have gone home and gotten my mask. My hair clip escaped to the drain, and having long hair didn't help with the rescue.

I finally dragged it into the almost shallow end with the skimmer pole. Our neighbor's sister brought her daughter and niece down, and she rescued it for me, along with my hair clip that was lost in the effort. My eyes are now a lovely shade of red from the chlorine, and I'm not sure the Kindle can be revived, despite having a waterproof case. Thankfully I have another one, this was my pool Kindle.

If there is ever a next time, try to cover the drain with a solid object to break the suction. I hope your Kindle is able to work again for you.

If there is ever a next time, try to cover the drain with a solid object to break the suction. I hope your Kindle is able to work again for you.

It's my old Kindle, but made for great pool reading. I can't dive down as well as I used to, it's about 10 feet. I thought about turning the suction off in the pumphouse. When I thought I was close, I couldn't see anything! I should have gotten my mask.

I'm a former lifeguard and swim teacher, this was really annoying.

Last edited:
Dang. I'm beat...I dropped my Kindle in the deep end of the pool, right by the drain. Took me over an hour of diving down, poking and dragging the Kindle with the skimmer net, only to have it sucked back into the drain. When I dove down, I couldn't see it, even though our pool is nice and clear. I probably should have gone home and gotten my mask...
"Let it be a challenge to you." That was a favorite phrase of one of my grade school teacher-nuns. I wanted to choke her with those words every time she said it to me! :LOL: It sounds like you rose to the occasion. If you resurrect the tablet and can use it at the pool again, you might want to clip a bungee cord to the tablet and secure the other end of the cord to your floaty thing. :cool:

"Let it be a challenge to you." That was a favorite phrase of one of my grade school teacher-nuns. I wanted to choke her with those words every time she said it to me! :LOL: It sounds like you rose to the occasion. If you resurrect the tablet and can use it at the pool again, you might want to clip a bungee cord to the tablet and secure the other end of the cord to your floaty thing. :cool:

Indeed. My floaty thing has some very nice clips, and I have some old bungee cords in the car. Jeez this was frustrating.

I'm letting the Kindle dry now, but I have a feeling it's dead. RIP, Kindle. :(

Indeed. My floaty thing has some very nice clips, and I have some old bungee cords in the car. Jeez this was frustrating.

I'm letting the Kindle dry now, but I have a feeling it's dead. RIP, Kindle. :(
Have you put it in a closed container with raw rice? It worked for me for two different smart phones.

The lady who retrieved it for me suggested that. All I have is brown rice. Do you think that will work?

Well, I dumped some into a gallon ziplock along with the Kindle. It may have gotten into some of the orifices...

I think it might be dead. I will try to ressurect it tomorrow.

I know! I used to swim competitivly too. I'm angry with myself that I couldn't get the damn thing.

I did get a great tan though.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry to hear about your Kindle, Dawg! I sure hope it can be resurrected. Dang.

What am I doing? Relaxing. ;) It's a little after 9PM now and I'm recuperating from a day spent with 3 of the grandkids - summer vacation and all - I love them all to pieces and I so enjoy seeing the granddaughters that I only get to see a couple of times a year. They're 11 and 15, and such nice girls - we had a great day but I'm ready to kick back and chill. :)

I've been going through a hundred or so pics of my trip up to NoCal and organizing them into folders. Whew. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm making Mexican pickles with some of the zucchini and jalapeño pepper from the garden, as well as a store-bought red onion. It will go with dinner tonight - shredded chicken tacos, aka pollo tinga.

Looks wonderful, GG. :yum: Such abundant veggies you have from your garden, and so colorful!

Back
Top Bottom