What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, sorry to hear about your Kindle, Dawg! I sure hope it can be resurrected. Dang.

What am I doing? Relaxing. ;) It's a little after 9PM now and I'm recuperating from a day spent with 3 of the grandkids - summer vacation and all - I love them all to pieces and I so enjoy seeing the granddaughters that I only get to see a couple of times a year. They're 11 and 15, and such nice girls - we had a great day but I'm ready to kick back and chill. :)

I've been going through a hundred or so pics of my trip up to NoCal and organizing them into folders. Whew. :LOL:

Thanks, Cheryl! Girls seem to be easier than boys, don't they?

Enjoy your relaxing!

Getting ready to go with hubby for his heart MRI today.
He's stressed that he might not be able to do it. He's claustrophobic.

I'd be to if someone wanted to shove me in a tube for an hour and not be able to move.

If it can't be done an alternative will have to be taken. That one doesn't sound like much fun either. After his last test, in all honesty I don't trust anyone. The could have killed him. So My poker face is going to be on until it's all over with. I'll be watching them like a Hawk.

On the bright side, were getting closer to finding out what's going on.

Munky, if the MRI is an issue, ask about an open MRI. It's less claustrophobic. Open MRI and a valium did the trick for me.

Munky, if the MRI is an issue, ask about an open MRI. It's less claustrophobic. Open MRI and a valium did the trick for me.

That will probably be his first question. He's had an open before. It went ok.
Not great, just ok. I suggested he take a Valium before he goes in. Not sure if they will let him. For the patients comfort why would they say no?

We shall see. If not were going to turn and burn. Take door #2.

An open MRI and some drug worked for Himself, too. Sending good thoughts your way.

I've been watching the Cleveland Cavaliers Championship parade online for almost three hours. The lead vehicle is just now reached the stage. The cars/trucks carrying the players has been stopping all along the way because of the crush of humanity. When it stops, the players are high-fiving the people and taking selfies with the fans! How cool is that! Even from 600 miles away, I feel like I'm part of the party thanks to the powers of the internet. ♡

...I've been watching the Cleveland Cavaliers Championship parade online for almost three hours. The lead vehicle is just now reached the stage. The cars/trucks carrying the players has been stopping all along the way because of the crush of humanity. When it stops, the players are high-fiving the people and taking selfies with the fans! How cool is that! Even from 600 miles away, I feel like I'm part of the party thanks to the powers of the internet. ♡

Sorry you couldn't be there to enjoy it first hand.

Thanks, Andy! I'd still be watching it on TV though- no way I would want to deal with standing for endless hours in a ginormous crowd. It would be a lot of fun if the TV was in a Cleveland bar, though. ? ~~ If you want to see some of the coverage, I've been watching live coverage on Newsnet5.com

That will probably be his first question. He's had an open before. It went ok.
Not great, just ok. I suggested he take a Valium before he goes in. Not sure if they will let him. For the patients comfort why would they say no?

We shall see. If not were going to turn and burn. Take door #2.

Munky, the first time I ever had an MRI, the doctor asked me if I was claustrophobic. One look at my face, and he got the answer before I could open my mouth.

"Don't worry, we will put you to sleep." And they did. I slept through the whole thing. The last thing anyone wants is a patient screaming inside an MRI tube trying to escape. :angel:

Last edited:
Grrrrr! My micro just kicked the bucket. Who needs lightning? I have had this one for more than eight years. It is a big one. And my daughter bought it for me when I moved in here. The next one will be smaller. I don't think she realized how my counter space is so limited. This is my second Sharp Carousel. That brand has served me well. So I will stick with it. Time for a trip to Home Depot. Spike gets a big discount as a contractor. "Oh Spike, I need you!" :angel:

It's my old Kindle, but made for great pool reading. I can't dive down as well as I used to, it's about 10 feet. I thought about turning the suction off in the pumphouse. When I thought I was close, I couldn't see anything! I should have gotten my mask.

I'm a former lifeguard and swim teacher, this was really annoying.

Dawg, I ask my nurse about going to the local gym for their water aerobics for elderly. I got a big "No"! And they also ruled out bicycle riding. I loved my bike as a kid, and when I lived in Texas, the kids had to double up on one of their bikes. I would always take one bike to run errands and just pleasure ride. Right up to my eighth month of my pregnancy. I am told it is a matter of balance. The water class would have placed too much strain on my heart, and I do have a constant ear problem since birth. Also, as Winthrop is wont to constantly remind me, "I am not 20 years old anymore." :angel:

Dawg, I ask my nurse about going to the local gym for their water aerobics for elderly. I got a big "No"! And they also ruled out bicycle riding. I loved my bike as a kid, and when I lived in Texas, the kids had to double up on one of their bikes. I would always take one bike to run errands and just pleasure ride. Right up to my eighth month of my pregnancy. I am told it is a matter of balance. The water class would have placed too much strain on my heart, and I do have a constant ear problem since birth. Also, as Winthrop is wont to constantly remind me, "I am not 20 years old anymore." :angel:

Addie, I'm tough as nails, in good physical shape, and relatively patient. It annoyed the heck out of me that I couldn't grab that dang Kindle! Then a sweet lady who's twice my weight and half my height was able to grab it. Oh, and probably half my age.

Addie, I'm tough as nails, in good physical shape, and relatively patient. It annoyed the heck out of me that I couldn't grab that dang Kindle! Then a sweet lady who's twice my weight and half my height was able to grab it. Oh, and probably half my age.

I am afraid my body has given up the fight. This heart of mine just does not want to cooperate with all the things I would like to do. But in my mind I can still do it. Until I try it. :angel:

Munky, the first time I ever had an MRI, the doctor asked me if I was claustrophobic. One look at my face, and he got the answer before I could open my mouth.

"Don't worry, we will put you to sleep." And they did. I slept through the whole thing. The last thing anyone wants is a patient screaming inside an MRI tube trying to escape. :angel:

Unfortunately an open MRI was out of the question/unavailable anyways for him. It has to be ordered from the Dr, prior to your appmt. For what his Dr needed to see it had to be closed because of the dye used. Opened wouldn't have been very accurate.

It took about 2 hrs. He grilled the Tech beforehand. "If I say get me out NOW!,are you going to argue with me about it? Are you going to be quick? Because if not I'm going to start breaking S...!" The Tech told him and showed him just how quick he would be. 1 min tops. Please Mr. don't break our stuff!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Hubbby's a big guy. He would have done it to.!:LOL:

He went through the whole thing. Afterwards he was very tired. Exhausted is more like it. Nothing was broken in the process.:cool:
I took him out to dinner.Picked up the check.;)

Glad that's over with.

Munky, I'm sorry this has been such an ordeal for both of you. I know I wouldn't be a good patient if I had to have an MRI. I hope the results that come back show as small of an issue as possible. Sending good thoughts your way. Hang in there - you're one tough girl. ;)

Geez, Munky. I would freak too if I had to be stuck in a tube! Good for your DH, he survived, without breaking anything!

Well, I dumped some into a gallon ziplock along with the Kindle. It may have gotten into some of the orifices...

I think it might be dead. I will try to ressurect it tomorrow.

:sigh: RIP, sweet Kindle. I left it in dry brown rice, and took it out today and shook it off, plugged it in. The orange recharging light is on, but the switch does nothing. It's been a good pool friend for years. I'll give it another day or two.

We walked Beagle over to a dear friend's, friend just got out of the hospital after having major surgery for prostate cancer. They opened him up, and he had cancer all over. He had three robots operating on him, and is in a lot of pain. He's totally German, and tough as they make them.

We brought over half our United Way meal. His wife was very appreciative.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom