What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm debating making breakfast. Or is it lunch now? I can't decide whether I should put the leftover sweet and sour chicken in the oven or make pancakes.

Decisions, decisions.

All went well GG. Thank you for the app. It's been d/l'd to my phone for home use. The Dr showed me a trick that will help me to relax and not get all tensed up that's been setting off my shoulders and back pain.

The acupuncture went went better that I had expected it to go.
The Dr had spent many years in China learning the practice. She was good. I only felt one little sting. She took that needle out real quick. Inserted a smaller one. She helped me more in one session than the Chiropractor had been doing. I left his office in more pain than when I walked in. It wasn't working. He was good, tried to help me, but I think my size body scared him. He always made the comment "she's tiny, I don't want to hurt or break her bones!" Having my husband standing over him to make sure that never happened probably made him nervous.:ohmy::LOL:

I'm glad you're feeling better :)

:roflmao: DH just got home from work, came in, and frantically announced, "There's a snake in my garage door!"

I grabbed my Martha Stewart tongs, and extracted the snake. It was beautiful, one I hadn't seen before, black and red striped, about 2 feet long or more. Not a garter snake or corn snake. Didn't have time to get a pic, DH was too freaked out. DH quickly stuffed the bottom of his garage door with plastic grocery bags.

Last edited:
No, long red stripes, not chunked up. It was beautiful though.

More I think about it, it was probably some kind of garter snake.

The look on DH's face was also priceless. Even after 30 years, I did not realize he was snakeaphobic!

The look on DH's face was also priceless. Even after 30 years, I did not realize he was snakeaphobic!

Time to add a couple rubber snakes to the shopping list! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Heh. I put a 6 footer in one of my colleague's desk drawers as I was cleaning out my desk. She has shared it several times in other people's desks.

Surprise!

Last edited:

Heh. I put a 6 footer in one of my colleague's desk drawers as I was cleaning out my desk. She has shared it several times in other people's desks...
When I was a wee one, my Mom got a plastic mouse that made the rounds. I'd find it in my lunch, Dad would find it in the deli drawer...round and round it went. I got "custody" when Himself and I got married and, somehow, it was sent on its way with his lunch and each of the kid's lunches and STILL survives! It now has a place of honor on a kitchen shelf because no one packs lunches anymore. Hmm, maybe I'll tuck it into Himself's underwear drawer...:brows:

Boston area housing prices are more expensive. Like housing in San Francisco, New York, Miami, Honolulu areas. Desirability has a price.

I don't really follow the real estate market. But when I see the cost of just a condo, I will stay right where I am at. So I can imagine the cost of a house. Right now in Eastie, we are having an influx of yuppies buying up all the properties in the Jeffries Point area. Massport put in two huge beautiful parks. Piers Park and a second one, both right on the water. The Latin families can no longer afford the rents in that area. At one time Jeffries Point was the most undesirable area. Now it is the most desirable area in all of Boston. Five T stations to get you to Boston is five minutes. Two beaches, plenty of trails for walking, brand new huge parks, a plethora of eating establishments, a state of the art medical clinic, even our very own emergency room.

Now the families are moving up to the area where I live. We have a small beach. It has all the amenities one could ask for. Beside sand, grass, refreshment stand, benches, and plenty of trees for shade. And you get to watch the airplanes take line up for takeoff. And extra for the kiddies. The one drawback. No lifeguard. The beach is too small. So parents need to be diligent in watching their kids.

The beach is a definite draw for new families. But this won't last long. When there are no more properties to buy up at the Point, the yuppies will be looking at this end of Eastie.

My daughter owns her own home. It is a two family with a small basement apartment. She also owns the lot next door which is her driveway. Every day she gets offers to buy that lot for more than $1mil. Yeah. One million dollars or more. For an empty lot. She is not selling.

Our local newspaper lists all the properties that were sold the previous. I usually don't even bother to look at it, until Pirate pointed out to me, what was happening down at Jeffries Point.:angel:

:roflmao: DH just got home from work, came in, and frantically announced, "There's a snake in my garage door!"

I grabbed my Martha Stewart tongs, and extracted the snake. It was beautiful, one I hadn't seen before, black and red striped, about 2 feet long or more. Not a garter snake or corn snake. Didn't have time to get a pic, DH was too freaked out. DH quickly stuffed the bottom of his garage door with plastic grocery bags.

I've had a few toads that are bugging me. I was picking up the plastic pots in the garage and when I looked down into one a toad was looking back at me, made me jump. Outside a toad was charging me when I was watering the side yard, he gave me a dirty look and squeezed under the deck. Last night at work, I walked up to the exit door after taking out trash and there was a toad sitting by the door waiting to get in...

You would not want to be at our niece's house in Orlando right now, PF. She has a family of toads that line up every day on the sliding screen door top. :LOL: I think I can save her image from Facebook to my laptop, then post it here. I'll have to try that tomorrow (later today, actually, after I sleep and get up again) - with a little help from Himself I can probably get it to DC. I'll also make sure she let's me do it. I'm sure as long as I credit her for the photo, she'd be fine with it. After all, she now makes her living with her art. She is the proud owner of a mosaics supply shop, and sells her works and those of other artists in her shop. Sells her photos on Etsy, too.

Dawg, the only snakes I grew up with were garter snakes. So when I moved to Texas, a State Trooper taught me a little diddy. I forget the beginning, but sure do remember the last line. "Red and black, jump back." That was no garter snake you saw.
http://animals.mom.me/identify-blackandredbanded-snakes-6391.html

The little diddy cited here was different from the one taught me. :angel:

Last edited:
Dawg, the only snakes I grew up with were garter snakes. So when I moved to Texas, a State Trooper taught me a little diddy. I forget the beginning, but sure do remember the last line. "Red and black, jump back." That was no garter snake you saw. :angel:

Pretty sure it was harmless, Addie. It had such a teeny head sticking out, I thought it was a baby. Then I pulled and pulled with the tongs, and more and more of it kept coming out. Hopefully it is now comfortably residing in my gardens and helping with the mouse population.

When we lived in Texas, Pirate would take his snake pillow case, (the only one he was allowed to use.) and hunt for poisonous snakes. He would then turn them into Sid Herdnan and get $5.00 a piece for them. Every time he did this, I would have a mild heart attack. BTW, Water Mocossins (sp?) got his $7.00 a piece. And those were the easiest ones to catch. They lived in the ditch right across the street from where I lived. :angel:

Here is the ditty I learned. Red touches yellow, kill a fellow; red touches black, venom lack. It's to tell milk snakes from coral snakes.
poisonous-snakes.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the ditty I learned. Red touches yellow, kill a fellow; red touches black, venom lack. It's to tell milk snakes from coral snakes.
poisonous-snakes.jpg

Guess what. I stay far away from any snake I see. They may be one of God's creatures, but as far as I am concerned, they have the Devil in them. :angel:

poisonous-snakes.jpg

TL. if you look you will see where on the Coral Snake, the red also touches the black. So the one I learned "red on black, jump back" would apply. Hmmm. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom