What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting up at 2:30 am nursing another kidney stone and catching up here to pass the time as I wait to pass the stone (sorry, bad pun and TMI)

Good Morning. Well today is the opening ceremonies for the Olympic Games. I am so looking forward to it. Michael Phelps will be the flag bearer for the U.S. He certainly deserves the honor. He has earned more medals than any other athlete.

Some of our South Shore beaches are closed to swimming. And today is going to be a hot one. The rip tides and currents are too strong and dangerous for the swimmers. Better safe than sorry. I can't remember the last year that I even owned a swimming suit.

I am in the midst of a dilemma. Our nightly temps having been dropping to the low 60's. I like to keep the window open and the AC off. But by 3 a.m. it is very chilly, maybe even downright cold in this room. It wakes me up even though I have doubled my blanker, and have to get up and close the window. Sometimes I can get right back to sleep, but not this past night. That means an intense need for more sleep will hit me in the middle of the afternoon. Do I close the window or leave it open. That is my dilemma. I hate small problems like this. Give me a big one. Like bringing peace to all the world. :angel:

I'm getting ready to finalize two more freezer meals for my FIL. This is the first time I've ever made galumpkis (stuffed cabbage rolls).

I'm also making a modified lasagna dish and my FIL likes the sauce so much, I'm using it for the cabbage rolls as well. Then we'll make posole this afternoon. I'll count all the mini loaf pans later and see how many meals we made.

Attachments

• 1470415109663.jpg
    1470415109663.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 86
Enjoying our last few hours of peace and quiet. *sigh*

Our guys were in L.A. for a concert, have been gone for a few days.
Hubby and I enjoyed the time alone.

Our dogs were bad to the bone. They played us both for suckers. By manipulating us about their chewie meds. I gave them one early in the morning. Let hubby sleep in. When he woke up they showed him the bucket with the look she forgot to give them to us. So they got a double dose.

Sons loved hearing how we were played for fools.:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL::ermm:

A Night Of Disaster

One of our tenants a couple of months ago had a stroke. He required brain surgery. He refused to go to rehab and wanted to come home immediately instead. Since then he has had another stroke.

Tonight around 7:30 water was pouring through my ceiling. I call the emergency line. It too them about 30 minutes to respond. They checked the apartment above me. She too was being flooded out. Broken pipe inside the walls? Nope. They couldn't find any. So after three hours of looking for the leak, the plumber knocked on the door of #313. There is Danny, standing stark naked and water all over his apartment. And his faucet is running full open. It seems somewhere around 7 or thereabouts, he turned the faucet on and forgot how to turn the water off or how to unplug the sink. Instead he put large towels in the sink so it would soften the sound of the running water. So that means four apartments have to have walls and insulation completely replaced. And two ceilings here on my floor. (including mine). And with all the water on the floors, some of the tiles have been popping up. New floors also. But first, they have to give the apartments time to dry out. :angel:

I'm getting ready to finalize two more freezer meals for my FIL. This is the first time I've ever made galumpkis (stuffed cabbage rolls).

I'm also making a modified lasagna dish and my FIL likes the sauce so much, I'm using it for the cabbage rolls as well. Then we'll make posole this afternoon. I'll count all the mini loaf pans later and see how many meals we made.

Finished galumpkis and almost-finished stuffed peppers! I forgot to count all the meals we made, but DH said it's over 70.

Attachments

• 1470578663953.jpg
    1470578663953.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1470578680622.jpg
    1470578680622.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 91
Wow, I'm really impressed. You are a kind person.

Are you going to freeze them as is or cook them first?

Aw, thank you :winkiss: We froze them as is. I think things like this overcook easily if you cook, freeze and reheat. That's what we did last November the first time we cooked for him and it worked well.

Aw, thank you :winkiss: We froze them as is. I think things like this overcook easily if you cook, freeze and reheat. That's what we did last November the first time we cooked for him and it worked well.
Good thinking. I usually only freeze leftovers and they often get overcooked if one isn't careful when reheating.

I did check with the insurance company. That's how I know it was 65. For the last couple of years I've thought "have to get it when I turn 65". Well, I'm here! Guess what? I keep forgetting. *shaking my head*

Well, here is a reminder. At least make the appointment today for it. I am going to become your nag about this. Remember what CarolPa's husband went through a while back. I remember when my second husband had them. Not fun for either one of us. :angel:

Reading up on, keeping track of the Soberanes Fire.
InciWeb the Incident Information System: Soberanes Fire

We had to be around that area a few days ago. I'll tell you what it was eerie how still everything was. The sky was orange. The moon that night was actually red. Cal Fire all as far from L.A. are up here helping out.

The pull out areas on the road,local business banners have hand written, painted "THANK YOU ALL! for your help, all over them.

Locally they've set up base camps so the fire fighters can sleep in tents and get what they need. Medical, food, and more equipment.

Air quality is really bad especially at night. You open the door and can actually see and smell the smoke.

I feel bad for everyone. All because of someone who just had to start an illegal, and leave an unattended campfire.

I'm up to my neck in horse (and his product) at the moment. My horse sharer has decamped to Cyprus for a fortnight so I'm "doing" him every day. Only one visit a day needed fortunately as another friend is using him as a baby-sitter for her horse in the evening and brings mine in with hers late on.

Back
Top Bottom