What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So glad someone else does that. People have a fit when I say I freeze diced peppers!

I've frozen both whole and cut-up peppers for years. I used some frozen whole jalapenos that I'd vac sealed, circa 2011, the other day. They were just fine.

There's such little, if any, noticeable difference when they're going to be cooked anyway. I add frozen chopped bells and onions to omelets all the time.

It sure is convenient to have a good supply of them in the freezer. I should restock now that fall is coming up and I'll be having more soups and chili. :yum:

One year I was the recipient of at least a six month supply of Vidalia Onions. There was no way I could use up all of those onions. So I sliced some real thin, some a little thicker, and diced some. Laid them out of a cookie sheet, placed in the freezer, and then bagged them in quart size freezer bags.

Another time there was a great sale on red peppers. Now red peppers never go on sale. At least not in these here parts. So I loaded up on them and did the same as I did to the onions. Sliced and diced.

If you look in the freezer of your local grocery store, you will see so many frozen vegetable. Even onions and peppers. So if 'they' can do it, so can you. :angel:

I'm patting myself on the back. My nephew turns 4 in a few days, and thanks to my good friend Amazon Prime, I think I found the perfect birthday gifts. One is a pogo stick for little kids (it also can hold adults up to 250 lb.) that's nice and squishy, and squeaks every time you jump on it. Should drive his parents nuts, which is an added bonus. The other is a lovely package of four superhero capes along with matching masks, tattoos, and stickers: Superman, Spiderman, Ironman, and Batman. Little 4 year old boys are fun to shop for!

:LOL: ....or drums. :ROFLMAO: Yeah, little boys are fun to buy for! I have two daughters and was blessed with 4 grandsons within 5 years. :ohmy: They're so much fun - they're all into superheroes and monster trucks now.

Heh. He got a drum set 2 years ago for Christmas. Last time I visited Baby Bro and family, I noticed said drum set was not anywhere in the playroom. As I recall, there were also a few other "musical instruments" in the set. Not a sign of any of them...wonder why? I didn't ask.

Last edited:
Dawg, I googled "noisy toys for 4 year olds" and got a link with 21 toys you should not buy if you like peace and quiet. I see a shopping list for you! :LOL: The article is almost 3 years old, so some of these may not be available. I know the one I liked the best isn't - the Meowsic Keyboard. :D After all, how annoying would a piano that sounded like a cat meowing be? Seriously annoying, I think! BwaHaHa!

... Now red peppers never go on sale. At least not in these here parts...
My Dad would tell me "never say Never", and he was right. Did you see your Market Basket ad for next week? Bags of red peppers are on sale for $1.29 a pound. It's as if you complained, and they decided to show you up and make it look like you're wrong. ;)

Dawg, I googled "noisy toys for 4 year olds" and got a link with 21 toys you should not buy if you like peace and quiet. I see a shopping list for you! :LOL: The article is almost 3 years old, so some of these may not be available. I know the one I liked the best isn't - the Meowsic Keyboard. :D After all, how annoying would a piano that sounded like a cat meowing be? Seriously annoying, I think! BwaHaHa!

:LOL: I've probably tortured little Nephew's parents enough. DH wants me to order him the pogo stick...he wants one.

I would like the superhero capes, but they're only 24 inches long. I'm too tall.

Last edited:
LOL, Dawg! :LOL:

Today was minimum day at school, so I had Tyler from noon to 5. Great little guy, but he wore me out. :ohmy::ermm: I'm relaxing for the rest of the evening. :)

My Dad would tell me "never say Never", and he was right. Did you see your Market Basket ad for next week? Bags of red peppers are on sale for $1.29 a pound. It's as if you complained, and they decided to show you up and make it look like you're wrong. ;)

Of course. I already did my shopping for the month. The sales flyer is the very first thing I look at the day before I go shopping. I do wish I did weekly shopping instead of by the month. I miss out on so many sales. :angel:

Of course. I already did my shopping for the month. The sales flyer is the very first thing I look at the day before I go shopping. I do wish I did weekly shopping instead of by the month. I miss out on so many sales. :angel:

Soooo, why say red bell peppers never go on sale in those there parts? ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom