What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm...when I first saw them, I didn't know what they were and thought they were just long bees (I wasn't very smart then and I'd have to say things haven't improved much with age). I put a shallow pie dish of water out for them right next to the walkway to the house. Never, ever had a problem with them attacking or stinging. They loved that water and would let me sit right next to them and watch them drink - or whatever it is they do with water.

Of course, when I moved, I had to knock down the wasp nest up in the corner of the eave.

Last edited:
Glad you got out of there without being stung, Dawg! :ohmy:

Having a lazy day here today. Just fiddling around getting a few things done here and there.

I am pondering to go back to the big food fare today with out kid and just walk around or but there will alot of people and I am not sure if I can handle the crowd.

I only missed the elk ( Alces Alces) meat stall and a hot sauce stall yesterday.

It was lovely time yesterday, so much food and so much to taste. I did get my favorite sausages and some pralines. I found one stall that let you taste the praline filling, it was AMAZING and I think she got a lot of customers just from that.

We're extracting honey today! ? ? ? More pix later, but oh my - it's delicious! :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-09-17 10.38.44.jpg
    2016-09-17 10.38.44.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
We're extracting honey today! ? ? ? More pix later, but oh my - it's delicious! :yum:

Looking forward to more pics, GG! Bees and honey fascinate me. A friend in Mexico has apiaries, and sells his honey and beeswax as his business.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago there was a discussion of our respective Farmers' Markets. Today I took some photos of my local Farmers' Market.

Attachments

• DSCN5185.jpg
    DSCN5185.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN5191.jpg
    DSCN5191.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN5180.jpg
    DSCN5180.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN5177.jpg
    DSCN5177.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN5174.jpg
    DSCN5174.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 73
Nice pictures, Beth! That's what the market in Missoula looked like, here not so much. Maybe 4 vendors all selling corn. I need to hit the farm stand west of town, he sells everything.

Nice pics, Beth! I love farmers markets, though most of ours only have corn and melons.

Well, this is odd. I felt something crawling up my leg, so I smacked it. It was a hornet, and I couldn't find the body post-smack. I just now just reached into my purse, and the damn thing was in there and stung the heck out of my palm. I flung it off my hand, let out a few expletives, and I still can't find it.

Ow! That sounds painful and miserable, Dawg. I was watching two hornets caught by the cooler air stagger around the patio outside the unit door. They sure looked slow. I didn't step on them, I don't want to alert the rest of them, wherever they are...

I'm cleaning out my purse now, hopefully no more surprises. Life in the country. We have a veritable plethora of stinging and biting insects here, I was hosing out the compost pail, and came inside to discover three big burning welts on the back of my leg. Never felt anything stinging me outside, but apparently something did, just a delayed reaction. The burning turned to itching today.

Give me a snake in the garage door and a pair of tongs any time.

Time sneaks up on me.

I realized how much I have to do before we leave on our New Mexico trip early Thursday morning! Ykies! I need a hair cut and just found out my hairdresser is off until Wed!

Friends and family have me regularly sleuthing for things at the thrift stores I frequent. I've been looking for a bread machine for a friend for quite some time and came across a brand new one at Goodwill about 6 weeks ago.

My friend, Joy, lives nearly an hour from me so we don't get to connect often. In this case it's a bonus because I've been putting the little machine through boot camp.

I know, or at least was nearly 100% confident, it was brand new. No dust, no goo, no scratches anywhere, had the original book, cord was factory wrapped. Pretty likely it had never been used. Less than $3, too!

It's a beautiful Sunbeam model and, so far, has performed like a champ. It's given us a pair of golden baguettes, a dozen potato rolls, 2 dozen brioche hamburger buns and, today, I'm about to put two loaves of white toasting bread in the oven. The only other recipe I'm going to throw at it is cornmeal pan rolls. I have no doubt it will get an A+.

Joy is not well-experienced in making bread, so I've been creating each recipe as a tutorial. Another reason for testing the machine. I can give her the step-by-step of what is necessary to do well.

I'll include a homemade pastry/bread cloth for shaping her dough, a quantity of yeast (I buy it in 2-pound packages.), and a spare bread-slicing guide I don't need. She can play in flour and yeast to her heart's content.

Looking all over for my travel craft bag. Can't remember where I last put it.

If I'd leave the house once in a while this wouldn't BE a problem!:ohmy:

Why is it when you don't need it, you see it all the time. But when it's needed it disappears?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom