What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a new phone a few days ago - mine was getting old and I was afraid it was going to die on me. The new one (GalaxyS7) doesn't want to communicate with my PC - been fiddling with it and I'm about ready to call my phone savvy daughter and have her come over to see if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's an app or whatever I haven't downloaded. :ermm: :rolleyes:

Strange, someone else told me they had a problem with their Galaxy 7.
I have the Galaxy 6 and am really happy with it....

except when ever I'm chatting with someone, and should either of us mention - presidents, Obama, Trump, etc. - it will suddenly turn itself on and say,... "I'm sorry, could you repeat that." ta dum, ta dum, ta dum...

Seriously, it really does. Turns the "listen app" on and says something to the effect of "I will look it up for you..." or " Could you repeat that?" VERY SCARY! Big brother is watching!

It is usually just sitting on the counter or table, no one is touching it. I have tried different vocal sounds, thumps etc. to see what it is that activates it but so far to no avail. So not only scary but ruddy damn annoying!

I got a new phone a few days ago - mine was getting old and I was afraid it was going to die on me. The new one (GalaxyS7) doesn't want to communicate with my PC - been fiddling with it and I'm about ready to call my phone savvy daughter and have her come over to see if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's an app or whatever I haven't downloaded. :ermm: :rolleyes:
Have you tried plugging the phone into your computer? You should be able to do that with the charging cable.

Strange, someone else told me they had a problem with their Galaxy 7.
I have the Galaxy 6 and am really happy with it....

except when ever I'm chatting with someone, and should either of us mention - presidents, Obama, Trump, etc. - it will suddenly turn itself on and say,... "I'm sorry, could you repeat that." ta dum, ta dum, ta dum...

Seriously, it really does. Turns the "listen app" on and says something to the effect of "I will look it up for you..." or " Could you repeat that?" VERY SCARY! Big brother is watching!

It is usually just sitting on the counter or table, no one is touching it. I have tried different vocal sounds, thumps etc. to see what it is that activates it but so far to no avail. So not only scary but ruddy damn annoying!

Android phones have a feature similar to Siri on iPhones. If you say, "Okay, Google," that will activate the search engine. You can tell it to look up something online or in your phone, like a contact, or find a restaurant near you, etc. Maybe that's what's happening.

How are you trying to get it to communicate? The only way mine does is when I plug it in, as taxy said.

... If you say, "Okay, Google," that will activate the search engine.

Yes, I often use that feature, especially when I'm driving.

But that's not it, I mean it is, but I can't figure out which phrase or sound does it. Don't even have to be talking, it could be just sitting on the desk and perhaps I'll thump something and it comes on... but if I try to replicate the thump - nothing.

If it comes on, still sitting alone on a table, for example, and it comes on I try to think of the exact words I or the other person was saying. We try repeating our conversation... nothing.

Funny but annoying - makes me worry if it starts looking things up when I don't notice and am not on a WiFi, it will be using my Data. That could end up costing me.:wacko:

I been to IKEA with a friend, got my self a matress and also gotten screamed at by man , who thought we were looking at his wife. *Sigh* We were just looking for a shelf number.

Hiya's,

At home for just a few minutes more before I head back to the ICU..
They kicked me out last night. Told me to go home and get some sleep for a change. I've been staying with hubby overnight. When he's awake and getting care I'm awake caring for him after the nurses leave. Will be again tonight. Did that make any sense? Sleepy post. Just woke up.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.
I've only had the chance to read your posts when he's taking a quick nap.

His condition is improving a little. He says it's because all of us have been with him.Our guys are always with him when I need to step out for a break. He's never alone. He gets anxious when he's alone.
So we've worked it out that's never to be alone, and stay vigilant like a Viking when were with him. Were now his Advocates.

His speech is still slurred. He has to relearn how to swallow.
Left arm still refuses to work. Fingers knot up tight. I'm working with the physical therapists to learn how to take care of him, what to do to keep him motivated and working that side. Afibs are slow, I mean really slow to being back to normal. But at least he's not tacking up to 160,175 to 190 any more. That's huge. They were worried he'd have another stroke.

I'm surprising him today with his shaving kit. He's an old fashioned guy when it comes to that. (Floyd's Barber shop) It has a new name (Munky"s shave and bath boutique) "One bed, no waiting." Sounds cheap doesn't it? LOL!!!! :ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Oh yeah, uh.... He's also going to get a sponge bath to.
That's going to be fun.:D:D WOOOOO---HOOOOO. (Yosemity Sam's--SP)
" I CAN SEEEEEE YOU THROUGH THE KEEEEEYHOLE!":LOL:

Post again when I get the chance.

Munky.

I keep running to the mirror in the bathroom to check my eye. No, not to check my beauty, (I can only wish and pray for that) but to check my right eye.

Last night Pirate told me to let him check my eye. I seem to have a small black and blue coming from the right corner of my eye. And there was a big blotch of blood also in the right side corner of my eyeball. And there is no pain associated with it. Today the black and blue mark has grown bigger and the blood spot on my eyeball has gotten smaller.

No one has hit me, I didn't fall and I was doing nothing but watching TV when this started. First thing tomorrow I will head down to my ophthalmologist to see what is wrong. Last year when he took a look, he noticed that the right lens from the cataract surgery had slipped a bit. My right eye is my stronger eye and the one I use all the time. Quite often I will close my left eye so I can focus better with my right eye. :angel:

... I'm surprising him today with his shaving kit. He's an old fashioned guy when it comes to that. (Floyd's Barber shop) It has a new name (Munky"s shave and bath boutique) "One bed, no waiting." Sounds cheap doesn't it? LOL!!!! :ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Oh yeah, uh.... He's also going to get a sponge bath to.
That's going to be fun. WOOOOO---HOOOOO. (Yosemity Sam's--SP)
" I CAN SEEEEEE YOU THROUGH THE KEEEEEYHOLE!":LOL:

Post again when I get the chance.

Munky.

So glad you haven't lost your sense of humor, Munky :LOL: Sounds like hubby is in for quite an evening :brows:

I keep running to the mirror in the bathroom to check my eye. No, not to check my beauty, (I can only wish and pray for that) but to check my right eye.

Last night Pirate told me to let him check my eye. I seem to have a small black and blue coming from the right corner of my eye. And there was a big blotch of blood also in the right side corner of my eyeball. And there is no pain associated with it. Today the black and blue mark has grown bigger and the blood spot on my eyeball has gotten smaller.

Addie, if your *eye is bleeding*, there's something serious going on. Go to the emergency room - you could lose your eyesight. I'm not kidding.

Munky, your DH couldn't be in better hands with you and your family by his side. We continue to think positive thoughts for you all.

Oh, Munky, I can somewhat understand the endless hours at the hospital trying to be supportive and helpful. My heart goes out to you and I'm pleased to hear there are little "positives" occurring. Look at those. It'll help. Maybe my post below will put a smile on your face, if only for a few minutes.

Me? Today I'm making more Easter egg lightning bugs. We bought 4 to our granddaughters in Lexington in August and they flipped over them. A friend saw a picture of them and has contracted with me for a half dozen for her granddaughter in Colorado. She tells me they don't have lightning bugs there. She's going there to spend Christmas with them and will bring the "bugs" along as part of the little girl's Christmas gift.

They're not difficult to make and I have fun putting them together and seeing their silly smiling faces when they're done. They even blink, thanks to a small battery-powered votive candle in their butt.:ohmy:

Here's what they look like:

Attachments

• Image0056.jpg
    Image0056.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Image0055.jpg
    Image0055.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 74
Munky, that is wonderful news! It's good to hear he is making steps forward. Even baby steps are good news. Hoping and praying that continues. :flowers:

...Me? Today I'm making more Easter egg lightning bugs...A friend saw a picture of them and has contracted with me for a half dozen for her granddaughter in Colorado. She tells me they don't have lightning bugs there...
We have very few in MA, also, Katie. I sure miss them. When we were back home this past summer, our daughter Lovely's friend had us over for what has become our annual cook-out at his place. He's out in the country, and the yard goes back for acres and acres. About 50 feet from his "Man Garage" is a large tree. We stood there entranced for the longest time watching that tree at dusk - it was filled with hundreds of blinking lightening bugs! It looked just like the most wonderfully decorated Christmas tree decorated with blinking lights. Except this was a maple, and the lights were courtesy of Mother Nature. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom