What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I called our lawyer and told him what had happened. Requested that my husband be moved to yet another facility. He got right on it.I did what he asked (still have yet to get the names of the staff who were supposed to be caring for my husband) It's ok. Our Lawyer will get it for me.

I requested it. The nurse got all huffy on me. Asked who I was and why I wanted names and times. When I told her who I was. That I had a right to know,she quickly copped an attitude tried to dismiss me by a wave of her hand. When I asked again for that info she stepped up in my face telling me that she had a right to protect her staff.. I stepped up in her face, raised my voice and just went off! on her in front of God, patients, and other staff to over hear me.Told her she was just a nurse (Called her bluff) and let her know I knew what her position was there! I asked again. Are you going to give me what I want or will my lawyer get it for me?

Went back to my husbands room. He's all flustered, could barely talk he was so traumatized, ( Understandable, he's just had a stroke) He's still with the supervising nurse and my youngest who was told don't leave him alone with anyone! While I called my lawyer back.

He reminded me to get names. I told him " Oh, here's one now."( Mizz Attitude that I had just had a showdown with.) I walked up to her and read her ID badge to him. She demanded to know who I was reading it to.Told me I had no right to give out that that kind of info to anyone. (Then why do you have a badge honey?)

I told her " You don't need to know who I'm talking to! I have a right to protect MY husband in anyway I see fit! I dismissed her. Boy was she pissed.

A Dr. came in and examined my husband.He heard fluid in his lungs and was suspecting that hubby was catching pneumonia. Chest xray was ordered. Started him on antibiotics.

By lunchtime my request to have him moved to a new facility was approved. This hospital tried to offer us a private room (Remove a patient that was in it) if we would stay... Thanks, but HELL NO!!!!

Come dinner time. I didn't see it, Hubby did. One of the nurses involved in the incident came into his room. I was working on his arm therapy didn't see her at first. She came in saw that I was still around, not leaving him alone period. Quickly stepped back out.

When she came back in she demanded that my husband get out of bed and get to the chow hall. When I protested, saying that's detrimental to his health, he's too sick to go, asked that his dinner be brought to his room. She challenged me. We argued. I gave it to her. He will have to sit in a wheel chair while he has dinner. Not to be in bed. She was throwing daggered looks at me. Like I really cared at that point. NOT!

Like the nurse who couldn't take " Give us a minute" in the morning while the supervisor was talking to my husband. I was dressing him at the time.
She kept busting into his room until I finally told her to GET OUT!!! Slammed the door in her face. She never came back.

All day when they saw me, they all quickly found something that they had to do. Look busy attitude. Good...nice to see nurses txting on fakebook was a kick on hospitals time.

I got what I wanted. Today actually this morning he will be transported by ambulance (They tried scare tactics with that to) to another facility.

Were hoping this one will be better. The staff at this place just didn't care about him. They even over dosed him. His BP dropped.

After we came home, oldest stayed behind a little longer.My husband tried to use the bedside commode. He lost his balance and fell to the floor right on his chest, collar bone and head. A nurse called me to tell me of the incident. And that he was being cared for for by the nurses.
I asked her like the care he received last night? She was unaware of it.
I asked if a Dr. had examined him. She said no. None were available. She didn't know when one would be. They were yelling and blaming my son for his fall, and that he had disconnected the nurses button . His bed wasn't working. What the?.....

I told her " YOU get a Dr, up to him NOW!!!!, or me and my lawyer will be right back over and get one for him. That worked. Fear the Munky. Walk softly... She called back. A Dr was with him within 10 minutes. He's sore but ok as of the last report.

I'll know in about 2 hours how he really is..
He did call me back because I had already called to see how he was after that. He said he was ok.

Thanks for reading my rant. I feel better now.

Munky, so glad you were able to call their bluff.

Intimidating people because of their own short-comings and slack attitude - endangering someone's life - which their jobs are "supposed" to be aiding..

Hopefully they will get their just deserts/deserves.

Good for you girl!

I have many nurse friends and all of them are such caring people. What a shame that facility seems to be breeding contempt for the vary profession they are in. What's worse is that they are probably influencing new and young nurses into their attitudes.

Munky, I can really feel both yours and your husband's feeling of total frustrations. When I was sent to rehab, the first night there was a nightmare. All the help found empty rooms and promptly slept the night away. The whole shift was promptly fired.

For some strange reason, when I get sick I lose my voice and can't speak up. So after that event I made sure that my youngest son Poo and I had a long talk about what I wanted and what I didn't in the event I got sick and couldn't speak up. And then I made him my medical Proxy.

My feelings regarding rehab facilities is most likely on the very bottom. And your experience only strengthens that. I am so glad you and your boys have the guts to stand up for your husbands rights. Good for you.

The difference between the loving care a patient receives in the hospital and that of a rehab facility is unbelievable. I am of the opinion that the employees in the rehab are ones who couldn't cut it in a hospital where the standards are so much higher. Yet they still are allowed to keep their license and go elsewhere.

Don't let up for one nth. I am so glad your husband has you and your sons on his side. He will come home to you a healthier, more loving person for it. Just remember, in his own way, he too is fighting to get better. And I know he will. Love has the amazing ability to do unbelievable things. With you fighting for the very best care, his wanting and fighting to get better, and all the prayers being sent your way and upwards, he IS going to get better. Hang in there girlfriend. You are always welcome to come back and vent for pages if need be. But I have the feeling that will no longer be necessary. :angel:

Munky, I can really feel both yours and your husband's feeling of total frustrations. When I was sent to rehab, the first night there was a nightmare. All the help found empty rooms and promptly slept the night away. The whole shift was promptly fired.

For some strange reason, when I get sick I lose my voice and can't speak up. So after that event I made sure that my youngest son Poo and I had a long talk about what I wanted and what I didn't in the event I got sick and couldn't speak up. And then I made him my medical Proxy.

My feelings regarding rehab facilities is most likely on the very bottom. And your experience only strengthens that. I am so glad you and your boys have the guts to stand up for your husbands rights. Good for you.

The difference between the loving care a patient receives in the hospital and that of a rehab facility is unbelievable. I am of the opinion that the employees in the rehab are ones who couldn't cut it in a hospital where the standards are so much higher. Yet they still are allowed to keep their license and go elsewhere.

Don't let up for one nth. I am so glad your husband has you and your sons on his side. He will come home to you a healthier, more loving person for it. Just remember, in his own way, he too is fighting to get better. And I know he will. Love has the amazing ability to do unbelievable things. With you fighting for the very best care, his wanting and fighting to get better, and all the prayers being sent your way and upwards, he IS going to get better. Hang in there girlfriend. You are always welcome to come back and vent for pages if need be. But I have the feeling that will no longer be necessary. :angel:

Please don't make such generalizations about rehab facilities. The one where my MIL lives takes quite good care of the patients. They are not all the same.

Oh, Munky, sure hoping and praying that you can get Mr. Munky the help and service he needs!

I will hold my thumbs again for you. That isnt on at all, thank God you are a dragon at heart Munky.

I how ever got a call from my daughter her now ex boyfriend tried to strangle her, she did send him into the wall but yeah. Worried mum over here.

Oh Munky, I'm so sorry - what a hellish experience for all of you. :( Sounds like someone needs to make a call to state licensing regarding that facility and the way it's run. Your lawyer probably already thought of that.

Continuing to send heartfelt thoughts and prayers for all.

Yeah and also when you cant just dash and rescue them, argh distant is so annoying sometimes. I dont think it ok to lock up all my children in the basement just to keep them safe and close but sometimes I wish it was.

Yeah and also when you cant just dash and rescue them, argh distant is so annoying sometimes. I dont think it ok to lock up all my children in the basement just to keep them safe and close but sometimes I wish it was.

Glad your daughter is OK. Reminds me of my sister, who was living in Florida at the time, calling my mother in North Dakota to tell Mom someone was breaking into her apartment. Mom told her to hang up and call 911!

She be safe and get help moving out and she has everyone on her side so she has a support network around her.

Please don't make such generalizations about rehab facilities. The one where my MIL lives takes quite good care of the patients. They are not all the same.

Ditto! I happen to care very much for my patients. Not to Brag but, I'm a darned good Rehab nurse.

Oops. A friend gave us 3 lbs of beautiful peppers. I'm making cowboy candy (pickled jalapenos), and as my wont, I just peruse a recipe, then do my own thing. So my syrup has 3 times as much garlic powder and other spices as the recipe called for, as the spice canisters were on full force, not sprinkle. Oh well. I'm freezing, not canning.

...Couldn't sleep more that a few hours. Things are absolutely crazy here...
Munky, I feel so bad that you are going through such hell. Sorry, there is no other word I can think of that describes the pure evil you have been dealing with. I hope you and your guys come to a quick resolution and find a caring facility that will take care of your DH with the love and tenderness he certainly deserves.

Praying for you all as you deal with this garbage. (((hugs)))

I will hold my thumbs again for you. That isnt on at all, thank God you are a dragon at heart Munky.

I how ever got a call from my daughter her now ex boyfriend tried to strangle her, she did send him into the wall but yeah. Worried mum over here.

Little late to chime in here concerning your daughter.
You know what I've been up to...

I hope she's doing better now.
Please in your own way force her (No matter how much she might resist the idea) "Things will get better attitude"...Nooooo...

Tell her to get a restraining order immediately. Stick to it no matter what!
That's an added protection for her. If he violates it in ANY way. He's now going to have a new name and it's just going to be a number. See how he likes that kind of world.

Back
Top Bottom