What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going from my bed, to the computer, to the fridge, the computer, to my bed. Then start the whole process over again... think I have pneumonia with low grade fever, tired tired tired, and dry dry cough... and I'll bet I'm putting on weight with all the munching!!!

thought when you were sick you didn't want to eat!!!

last time I had pneumonia I coughed so much I cracked some ribs... think I'm not far off from that again :mad:@!(*&^%$#!:mad: :(

Oh geez, dragn. You have issues! Hope you feel better soon. Sending you virtual chicken soup!

Last edited:
Welcome back, Kay and SC! Sounds like a wonderful time in New Mexico and visiting with Beth, despite adjusting to the high altitude. Looking forward to seeing a few pics!

dragn....take care, I hope you feel better soon. Good thing you still have an appetite, that's a good sign.

Glad to see things are going better Munky.

We're back home from New Mexico!

The trip story will be posted on our website asap. We had a great time, but the altitude (7,000 ft.) really got to me so I'm glad to be back to sea level and breathing normally again. :unsure:
A major nose bleed was pretty scary when I take a blood thinner, but it all ended ok. No more high altitude trips for me I'm sad to say.
One of the best parts of the trip is we met up with Beth and she is truly lovely both inside and out. I can't get over how she looks 20 years younger than she actually is. She's a real sweetheart, and gives the best real life hugs ever!

You didn't mention the very real altitude issues! They can be severe.

You are so kind! I really enjoyed our visit too! I was so glad to meet you and spend a little time with you. You remain a cooking and traveling inspiration to me!

I'm home.

Hubby, our sons and his Dr ganged up on me last night to take 2 straight days off. Caught me off guard at the last minute. I must look like a sight.:rolleyes:
No caving into Mr. Munky's "Miss you's" stay home and get some rest.

Ok, you know they're right. I just woke up. Have been having a hard time sleeping through the night. Today my body just aches all over. The guys want mom's cooking. They will get it to!

I was on the Mr's hospital schedule. Every time they came into his room I got out of bed to watch over him. When it was time for his therapy sessions I went with him. He has physical, speech and one other that starts with an O that I can't think of at the top of my head right now.

He has been improving tremendously.Yesterday was the first time he's been able to actually hold a cup with his good hand and have a sip of water. He was elated. His pneumonia is gone! WOO- HOOO!!!;) He's my Champion! We took him outside to the water gardens that they have there.
Koi (sp) fish were huge. Heard a 5 year old tell his mom " I don't want to be here, they WILL eat me!!!!:ohmy::LOL:

He still has no feeling in his arm or hand. Were very careful of it so he doesn't get it stuck behind him and does more damage to his wrist.

Were told not to over stimulate his mind too much. He's a very intellectual man. Poor thing married me...:huh:
It's just a precaution because he's lost part of his brain still not quite out of the woods of suffering another one.

I've allowed only two of his friends to visit. Had kept them up to date.
"When I give you the look,visiting time is over" They've been great about that. Guess they to fear the Honey Badger.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I know his schedule for today. So I can at least call and talk with him for a little while.

Munky

Honey Badger.

Great news, Munky Badger! :)

Sounds like they're really keeping him busy - I'm guessing the "O" therapy word that escaped you for the moment is Occupational Therapy, where they work on daily living skills, self care, and all that. I'm so glad to hear he's doing so well and that you're getting some much needed rest.

Thank you for the continued updates! :flowers: Take care.

Great news, Munky Badger! :)

Sounds like they're really keeping him busy - I'm guessing the "O" therapy word that escaped you for the moment is Occupational Therapy, where they work on daily living skills, self care, and all that. I'm so glad to hear he's doing so well and that you're getting some much needed rest.

Thank you for the continued updates! :flowers: Take care.

YES!!! that's the one. Thank you..

He's not allowed to shave yet. No feather razors allowed for him just yet.
I should think so geez!! ya think! What was I thinking of when I packed his bag. Duh on me.:ermm:

Oh, and btw. They've given him a tentative release from the hospital set for the 18th. I bought him a calendar. Tacked that sucker to the wall right in front of him. Tied a string to a Sharpie pen to it. Make him mark off the days. That's our goal.

Were ready to rumble...:LOL:

I'd like to have my name changed to "Munky Badger" LOL!!!!
That would make my day:)

Munky Badger :)

WOW!

Mr.Munky just called me.

He sounds tired. His speech is off. That's going to happen after his P/T.

The first thing he asked for when they took him back to his room was his cell phone.Forget the water..Can I have my phone please? :LOL:

They have updated his release day to the 13th. WOW!
That's so incredibly awesome. He's been working hard. Now it's paying off.
I'm very proud of him.:D

Can't wait to get him home in his own bed.Until then, I'll still be going in to stay the night when they let me now. The day before his release they will have all of his therapists working with the guys and I on what to do and expect of him when we get him home. Not a problem.We've already been in all of it to begin with.

Munky Badger. :)

So happy for you, Munky, that the news keeps getting more upbeat and positive. You DH's working hard is a is a testament to how much he loves you :heart: ...or how much he hates the hospital...:ermm: Nope, he loves you. Will run with that! :mrgreen:

Hey Honey Munky Badger!

Been reading your posts and am thrilled with the progress. So very happy for you. If you see any dragonettes hanging around please tell them they've done their job and send them on home. Mama could use some of their encouragement to get rid of her cough and fever ;).

We will all have our calendars marked!

One of my dragonettes reported back early and said they had a hard time getting close enough to do their job. You and yours were forming a very tight knit around Mr Munky. :LOL: They were impressed, told me they added what they could to boost your vibes!

Great News, Munky Honey!

First off...I am fine....
Sunday night had a heart attack at work. Went to the ER and they shipped me to Cheyenne to the Cardiac unit there. Yesterday, I had 2 stent placements and today I came home. I'm doing well, just need some rest.

Great News, Munky Honey!

First off...I am fine....
Sunday night had a heart attack at work. Went to the ER and they shipped me to Cheyenne to the Cardiac unit there. Yesterday, I had 2 stent placements and today I came home. I'm doing well, just need some rest.
Phew! Glad to hear you are fine. How long do you have to stay away from work?

OMG Princess! If it had to happen - good thing it was at work? Imagine you got the quickest attention there.

You take care and take all the time you need. Don't even look at the calendar as to when you might go back!

Phew! Glad to hear you are fine. How long do you have to stay away from work?

I'll go back next Monday. They did a radial insertion of the stents, puts my right arm out of commission for a few days. The worst part of the whole thing was not being able to reach any family while I was being shipped out.

Gah! OMG, PF! So glad you're OK, and had good access to medical attention! {{{hugs}}}

OMG Princess! If it had to happen - good thing it was at work? Imagine you got the quickest attention there.

You take care and take all the time you need. Don't even look at the calendar as to when you might go back!

Actually, I had to wait for my replacement to show up and I drove around the block to the hospital/ER side of the building. I will be getting almost a week out of this...was not planning on this. I have vacation in two weeks...:rolleyes:

Actually, I had to wait for my replacement to show up and I drove around the block to the hospital/ER side of the building. I will be getting almost a week out of this...was not planning on this. I have vacation in two weeks...:rolleyes:

Well, shame on you for not waiting to have your heart attack at a more convenient time!

Get some rest, woman!

Back
Top Bottom