What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great News, Munky Honey!

First off...I am fine....
Sunday night had a heart attack at work. Went to the ER and they shipped me to Cheyenne to the Cardiac unit there. Yesterday, I had 2 stent placements and today I came home. I'm doing well, just need some rest.

Wow!!!

Glad you caught it and had immediate care.
Wishing you a very speedy recovery/early vacation.. You just couldn't wait.could ya. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Milk it for everything you got. Smoothies are on me.;)

Munky Badger.

Glad to see things are going better Munky.

We're back home from New Mexico!

The trip story will be posted on our website asap. We had a great time, but the altitude (7,000 ft.) really got to me so I'm glad to be back to sea level and breathing normally again. :unsure:
A major nose bleed was pretty scary when I take a blood thinner, but it all ended ok. No more high altitude trips for me I'm sad to say.
One of the best parts of the trip is we met up with Beth and she is truly lovely both inside and out. I can't get over how she looks 20 years younger than she actually is. She's a real sweetheart, and gives the best real life hugs ever!

I'm so looking forward to hearing about your's and SC trip!

Great News, Munky Honey!

First off...I am fine....
Sunday night had a heart attack at work. Went to the ER and they shipped me to Cheyenne to the Cardiac unit there. Yesterday, I had 2 stent placements and today I came home. I'm doing well, just need some rest.

Oh my gosh...sending heartfelt thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery, Princess. What a shock to have that happen, thank goodness you were already at work. Please continue to get some rest.

I'm going from my bed, to the computer, to the fridge, the computer, to my bed. Then start the whole process over again... think I have pneumonia with low grade fever, tired tired tired, and dry dry cough...
I am so sorry for overlooking your ills. I hope you're finally feeling better, dragn.

...First off...I am fine....
Sunday night had a heart attack at work...
You DO realize how mutually exclusive the phrases "I am fine" and "I had a heart attack" look? :huh:

I'm glad you're fine-ish. Take care of yourself. Seriously, I know you love your old people, but it's better if you're on the staff rather than one of the residents ;) (my Dad would call them "inmates" when I worked at the "old age home" in the 1960's). ((hugs))

I am so sorry for overlooking your ills. I hope you're finally feeling better, dragn.

thanks CG - but think it might be a while. This sort of thing takes its bloody time. As long as it isn't like last time, when to add insult to injury, I coughed so hard I cracked 2 ribs and developed hemorrhoids. :ermm: :ohmy: :rolleyes:

Gads, Princess sounds like she will recuperate faster than me! NOT that I want to trade places, thank you. No offense, Princess. You take care of yourself, and take your time, make it run into you holidays.

You DO realize how mutually exclusive the phrases "I am fine" and "I had a heart attack" look? :huh: ...

I thought the same thing! :LOL: You know it's serious when they start off with "I am fine".. no one believes you somehow! :ohmy:

You DO realize how mutually exclusive the phrases "I am fine" and "I had a heart attack" look? :huh:

I'm glad you're fine-ish. Take care of yourself. Seriously, I know you love your old people, but it's better if you're on the staff rather than one of the residents ;) (my Dad would call them "inmates" when I worked at the "old age home" in the 1960's). ((hugs))

I thought the same thing! :LOL: You know it's serious when they start off with "I am fine".. no one believes you somehow! :ohmy:

Silly Girls, I'll elaborate..Sunday into Monday, I was NOT fine. After the double stent placement I was fine, upright and mobile. I'm not quite up to "Nurse Speed" but I am getting there.

You would have been proud of me telling the Doctors that I would not take their new fangled drug. It was causing severe shortness of breath that lasted 4 hours.

Mother of Dragons and Goddess of Cooking, I appreciate your concern, Thank You!

Hey Honey Munky Badger!

Been reading your posts and am thrilled with the progress. So very happy for you. If you see any dragonettes hanging around please tell them they've done their job and send them on home. Mama could use some of their encouragement to get rid of her cough and fever ;).

We will all have our calendars marked!

One of my dragonettes reported back early and said they had a hard time getting close enough to do their job. You and yours were forming a very tight knit around Mr Munky. :LOL: They were impressed, told me they added what they could to boost your vibes!

The returning Dragonette was supposed to stay with you.I told her you needed some soup. I do hope your feeling better today. Just cough up those goobers. Don't be shy.:LOL:
They can be like defiant children. One tried to nudge me aside to sit down and take a break... It didn't work.

The staff has made comments on how involved we are with Dad's therapy and recovery. One has gone on to say that's the reason why he's been improving. Yes we have been huddled around him. keeping him busy, working his mind. He says I'm the comfort part. "I see your smile every morning, that's my motivation"

The rest of your Dragonettes will be home tomorrow morning.
I'll dismiss them as soon as I get back to the hospital.
Thank you very much for the loan. They were very well behaved.

I almost forgot..I was taking a break from hubbys side while he took a nap. Went outside for some fresh air. Took the path through the tiny forest by his room. All the way down the path ( Was taking pics as I went)
This one Dragonfly kept buzzing around me, zipping around my shoulders around my head. Had no idea it was your lil buddy. That one was camera shy.. That visit really did happen..

All the best.:)

Munky Badger.

Can we all promise to stay safe and healthy now??

Hugs to every one!

Really, no kidding. Seems like a lot of us lately have had to deal with some serious medical problems. :(
Don't know about the rest of you.But I'm staying away from the water and the Kool-aid...

Munky Badger.

Princess,

I'll be your protective, resident Badger advocate.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Will work for free. I'm cheaper than Saul.. Work faster to.

Munky Badger.

Actually, I had to wait for my replacement to show up and I drove around the block to the hospital/ER side of the building. I will be getting almost a week out of this...was not planning on this. I have vacation in two weeks...:rolleyes:
You what?! When you just had a heart attack?

God bedring. (Danish for good bettering)

Princess,

I'll be your protective, resident Badger advocate.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Will work for free. I'm cheaper than Saul.. Work faster to.

Munky Badger.

You are hired!

You what?! When you just had a heart attack?

God bedring. (Danish for good bettering)

Yes, I drove the car...it was parked in the construction zone at the facility, I didn't want it towed...I always get off work before the construction crew gets to work.:rolleyes: I would have had to walk the equivalent of 1 1/2 city blocks to get to the ER entrance.

You are hired!

Yes, I drove the car...it was parked in the construction zone at the facility, I didn't want it towed...I always get off work before the construction crew gets to work.:rolleyes: I would have had to walk the equivalent of 1 1/2 city blocks to get to the ER entrance.
Well, okay.

Sounds like the kind of logic I would use. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom