What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL! Mom has offered to come over and plant the bulbs. I do need her to come and water the bulbs I've planted and the butterfly bush I put in the ground. I'm not allowed to lift anything, including the hose...

My eye is red. The doctor at the walk in clinic gave me a referral to the emergency room of the nearby hospital. She was worried that it might be a glaucoma event. The clinic doesn't have the equipment to measure inta-ocular pressure. They seem to be passing patients through fairly quickly here in the ER and there aren't a lot of people waiting.

Last edited:
My eye is red. The doctor at the walk in clinic gave me a referral to the emergency room of the nearby hospital. She was worried that it might be a glaucoma event. The clinic doesn't have the equipment to measure inta-ocular pressure. They seem to be passing patients through fairly quickly here in the ER and there aren't a lot of people waiting.

Oh crud, Taxy. This is an issue. Hoping all goes well, and that it's nothing serious!

We had a lovely visit with DH's cousin. He's somewhat bat-crap crazy, but we love him dearly, and we did the manditory exchanging of gifts, and all laughed our heads off well past our bedtime. He enjoyed my over-the-top hot chili, and I let DH cook him eggs this morning.

Thanks Dawg and CG. The doctor checked the inta-ocular pressure and it's fine. I seem to have an infected eyelid. I'm at the pharmacy now, waiting for them to fill the Rx for eye ointment. I have a referral to see an ophthalmologist tomorrow. Mine won't be back until Tuesday.

This is much better news than glaucoma, Taxy! Infections, we can deal with them.

This is much better news than glaucoma, Taxy! Infections, we can deal with them.
Yes, it is. The first doctor was worried because I already have glaucoma. She just wanted to make sure. She said it was probably an infection, but she had no way to tell for sure and if she didn't send me to the ER, she wouldn't be able to sleep.

...She said it was probably an infection, but she had no way to tell for sure and if she didn't send me to the ER, she wouldn't be able to sleep.
That sounds like a doctor who really cares for her patients! As do we, taxy. :heart: Glad to hear it's a relatively easy fix. Sweet dreams to you and your doc.

I'm tired of resting, Shrek has been yelling at me all day to stop and rest. I still have three more days of enforced sitting around. I would start my quilling but I can't use my right wrist for repetitive movements until Monday.

I'm tired of resting, Shrek has been yelling at me all day to stop and rest. I still have three more days of enforced sitting around. I would start my quilling but I can't use my right wrist for repetitive movements until Monday.
Well, that sure makes the resting harder.

Do you have Netflix? I think it's time for you to catch up on series that you have been meaning to watch. ;)

Focus all of your energy on aggravating poor Shrek, the next three days will fly by! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

No Netflix, I do have lots of movies to watch, but my butt is tired of sitting. I need to DO something.

Aw, I aggravate Shrek all the time:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Taxy I don't know how I missed your post. So sorry for your eye but glad it doesn't seem to be too serious as in glaucoma issues to an infection. (I hope, hope, hope).

But what amazes me most is the speed with which you passed thru not only the walk-in clinic but the ER. In most ER's or walk-in clinic's.... 6 to 8 hour wait for a non-life threatening issue is the norm - especially at LGH which is where I assume you went. Your timing for going there was impeccable! Good for you!

Plus, are there now pharmacies open that late on the West Island? There's another miracle!

My husband once had to go downtown to the General, the only hospital that had a pharmacy open all night in Montreal. About a 2.5 hr round trip. I took 1 pill while in the hospital. Then they could not fill their own prescription as they didn't have enough and their pharmacy was closed. By the time they allowed me to go home, I needed the next pill in 2 hours.

Even as quickly as you managed to get thru - it is still utterly exhausting! Hope you've gotten some rest. I also hope your visit with the doc goes well and has reassuringly good news.
Thinking of you!

Last edited:
Just rolled out of bed a little while ago. Damn phone and cell went off at the same time. Both were just spam voting garbage.:mad:
My sleeping patterns for some reason won't go back to normal.
Gawd I'm so tired. Things are catching up with me fast.

Today I'll have people streaming in and out here all day, possibly well into late tonight. I'm getting rid of most of our furniture.Anything that hubby could possibly catch his cane on. Coffee tables, end tables, rugs, furniture.

I (really) need a small kids play pen for my little dog Sophie. She's blind.
To put her in when my husband is up and walking around.She has a new thing of using our legs as her guide to get around the house. I can't have her doing that with my husband. He could have a serious fall.His arm is now in a special sling to protect it.If she can trip us. She will definitely trip him. I won't have that.

Workmen are installing rails in both bathrooms. I can't find on Amazon a special shower helper that his O/T's says he's going to need. So I'll be on a quest for one at the medical supply stores. He's going to need a new shower head that's removable to.

I'll do the non skid taping for the front steps and patio area.Wherever else it might be needed around the house.

Munky Badger.

How big is Sophie? Thinking, thinking of a solution.

What is the shower thing, is there a specific name for it? I can help look for it.

Try Gold Violin for things, I got the bed canes from there.

Back
Top Bottom