What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky....is it a shower chair, similar to this one? They come with backs, too.
shower chair.jpg

Also, you probably already know this but if your shower has doors, it makes it SO much easier to help with bathing if you remove the doors and replace them with a shower curtain. They'll open the whole length of the shower whereas a sliding door won't.

I found that out when caring for my mom. :heart:

Munky Badger, I wonder if Bathfitters would have what you need. They're a national chain, and very reputable. We had our shower remodeled, they did a wonderful job, and we love our new shower. They have options for accessability.

Taxy I don't know how I missed your post. So sorry for your eye but glad it doesn't seem to be too serious as in glaucoma issues to an infection. (I hope, hope, hope).

But what amazes me most is the speed with which you passed thru not only the walk-in clinic but the ER. In most ER's or walk-in clinic's.... 6 to 8 hour wait for a non-life threatening issue is the norm - especially at LGH which is where I assume you went. Your timing for going there was impeccable! Good for you!

Plus, are there now pharmacies open that late on the West Island? There's another miracle!

My husband once had to go downtown to the General, the only hospital that had a pharmacy open all night in Montreal. About a 2.5 hr round trip. I took 1 pill while in the hospital. Then they could not fill their own prescription as they didn't have enough and their pharmacy was closed. By the time they allowed me to go home, I needed the next pill in 2 hours.

Even as quickly as you managed to get thru - it is still utterly exhausting! Hope you've gotten some rest. I also hope your visit with the doc goes well and has reassuringly good news.
Thinking of you!
Thank you.

I saw an ophthalmologist today. It's a sty on the inside of my upper eyelid, about 2 cm above the edge. No more ointment; keep taking all drops; hot compresses frequently. I will be seeing my regular ophthalmologist on Tuesday.

Statcare, the walk in clinic, closes at 21h. I saw a doctor at 20h40. I arrived at about 18h. They only took me that late because of the glaucoma. The referral to LSG's ER also cut down on waiting, but there weren't a lot of other people waiting. Yeah, I have waited a whole lot longer at LSG other visits. The pharmacy is a Pharmaprix, a block from my house and my regular pharmacy. They are always open until midnight (I arrived at 23h30). They have been there for, I think, about 15 years.

I am trying to make an apple mousse wedding cake , so far I am not sure the mouse will set and the candy apple layer... well it just liquid and not soft set as said.,. ARGHHH.
Oh Swedish gelatin does not come with bloom on it, I might be screwed.

if the cake isnt better tomorrow, I bake new one and make it chocolate instead.

Just talked with him on the phone.He''s on his 3rd session today for O/T.
He gets an Extra one today.. Says he can't wait to get home. Then he has a quick lunch break, nap, and back at it again until 3pm.

He says that Sunday the O/T that does the bathing will help and show me where to buy bath stuff he will need on Amazon. Apparently the chair is mounted to the wall. I want a shower caddy. He still has to share it with me. Don't deny my hair conditioner..That's mean.

He wants another hand rail installed behind the toilet. Getting the order in while our adopted son is still at Home Depot.He's doing all this for us.I love him!:)

I hope it's able to be mounted to tile. I swear if that beautiful tile work is ruined I won't be happy.

I found a home for my stuff. Only took a 5 second look from my neighbor to say yes!!! I'll take it..! Beautiful tables. and chair.She offered to sell it all and give me the money. I told her no, I'd prefer that it all go to someone who could use it. Re arranging furniture brought out from other parts of the house. He won't even recognize his own home. I told him," Just let me pull off that magic touch, things will be done by the time you get home." It's also going to be safe for him to move freely and comfortably. You Sir, do your job and get home. You missed.!!

I do need to find speech helpers (Is the only way I know of at this time) that he can use at his computer to talk to people. They won't understand him any other way.

Taxi?
What's a Reno?

So how's my progress...?

Munky Badger.

How big is Sophie? Thinking, thinking of a solution.

What is the shower thing, is there a specific name for it? I can help look for it.

Try Gold Violin for things, I got the bed canes from there.

Lil Sophi (Bunny)
Is Bison/Poole mix.
She's from nose to tail29" long
11" in height.
Width is 9"
Weight about 20 Lbs

I'm thinking of this one. One because it's portable and light. Two it would be great when she goes to the vet. She will be more comfortable.3 I like how it folds up. Because she gets confused if too many people are around her. She walks away and hides. Sometimes she gets lost in the back yard.I'm trying to keep her safe as well. She's my baby.:)

Her's will be blue.

https://www.amazon.com/Playpen-Fold...1475870479&sr=1-20&keywords=pet+pens+for+dogs

Thank you for the link will have a look at it now :)

Munky Badger.

Last edited:
Reno = renovation
But, I guess it's more "modifications".

It's a lot of work now.:LOL:

My husband said that last week how I was able to get things done quickly.
his quote "I've been their client a long time. Nobody jumped when I called.
But you make 1 phone call and you shook a lot of worlds up. People jumped!. Got things done in 2 hours time!"

I got mad is all. Still not sorry I turned all Badger on them.
Cuz' Badgers just don't give a ....:LOL: I had nothing to lose at the time.Except my husband.That wasn't going to happen when I showed up, and brought hell with me.

Munky....is it a shower chair, similar to this one? They come with backs, too.
View attachment 25501

Also, you probably already know this but if your shower has doors, it makes it SO much easier to help with bathing if you remove the doors and replace them with a shower curtain. They'll open the whole length of the shower whereas a sliding door won't.

I found that out when caring for my mom. :heart:

I thought of removing the shower door. Replacing it with a curtain.
Everyone has nixed that idea. Like they nixed my idea about getting rid of the furniture, until Mr. Munky said he wanted it gone. I'll do as you suggested do it anyways. It's my bathroom, I'll do what I want.

Apparently besides having a mounted chair to the wall. He needs special mats, and a shower head that's easily accessible so that he can shower on his own. Guess I'll find out Sunday.

Lil Sophi (Bunny)
Is Bison/Poole mix.
She's from nose to tail29" long
11" in height.
Width is 9"
Weight about 20 Lbs

I'm thinking of this one. One because it's portable and light. Two it would be great when she goes to the vet. She will be more comfortable.3 I like how it folds up. Because she gets confused if too many people are around her. She walks away and hides. Sometimes she gets lost in the back yard.I'm trying to keep her safe as well. She's my baby.:)

Her's will be blue.

https://www.amazon.com/Playpen-Fold...1475870479&sr=1-20&keywords=pet+pens+for+dogs

Thank you for the link will have a look at it now :)

Munky Badger.

Love that pen, great find! It will be her safe place.

Taxy....glad to hear you got in just under the wire. Hoping the meds clear it up and you're back to normal soon!

Munky...that's a really nice little portable pen for Sophie.

Taxy....glad to hear you got in just under the wire. Hoping the meds clear it up and you're back to normal soon!
I saw an actual ophthalmologist today. It's a sty on the inside of my upper eyelid. He told me to stop using the ointment. The treatment is frequent, hot compresses on the eyelid. He wants me to come back next week. That works out, 'cause I made an appointment to seem my regular ophthalmologist on Tuesday. It's the same clinic.

I saw an actual ophthalmologist today. It's a sty on the inside of my upper eyelid. He told me to stop using the ointment. The treatment is frequent, hot compresses on the eyelid. He wants me to come back next week. That works out, 'cause I made an appointment to seem my regular ophthalmologist on Tuesday. It's the same clinic.

Hot compresses really do help. It might even clear up before your next appmt.
Were keeping an ~~@@~~ on you. :ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Has anyone looked at Sterling funny yet?
Did you do that!? :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I'm just kidding.
Munky Badger

Hot compresses really do help. It might even clear up before your next appmt.
Were keeping an ~~@@~~ on you. :ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Has anyone looked at Sterling funny yet?
Did you do that!? :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I'm just kidding.
Munky Badger
No one is looking funny at Stirling. No swelling, no bruising, just eye redness.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's gone by the next appointment, but I want to see the doctor anyways, to be sure.

Wishing It's Thursday Already

Well, everything is almost done. We were unfortunately unable to go see Mr. Munky yesterday. All of his Therapists gave him the day off. He's been pushing himself too much, to the point he's asked for pain killers. Hurt the muscles in his chest. He needs to slow down. We were planning on going to spend the day with him. The weather has been nice. Had planned to have lunch outside on his patio.Go for a walk.

Unfortunately the work that needed to be done was going to take longer than expected to be installed.So I called a few people who could either stop by or call him to keep him company for us.Were going in today to watch the game with him.Just a one way drive takes 2 hours.

We started shortly after 9 am,worked until well after 1 am.I'm waiting to get a phone call from my neighbor next door about us disturbing her precious sleep. She better not say a word.She might catch me in the driveway while were leaving. Yes. We were drilling, sawing and using a power sprayer to paint. Gotta do what you gotta do in this case.

I had planned to stay the night with him. Doubt that's going to happen. I still need to take off the shower door and install Cheryl's great idea (shower curtain.) Mop all the floors, clean the carpets.Get restocked on food and other items.Safety tape the walkway and steps. Anywhere where he might be standing for more that a few minutes. He is so covered.

All of this has to be done by Wednesday. On that day we have to spend the day working with everyone. Going over his home care and teach him how to get in and out of the truck safely. Thurday's he's supposed to be home.

We even took out a wall reinforced it with thick pieces of wood. Put in a new wall that's thicker, so that we wouldn't worry about his pulling the safety rails out while trying to get up. Pained both bathrooms to.Installed a new shower head in one bathroom.

All that's left is safety taping the walk ways, bathrooms and kitchen areas where he might be standing for a few minutes. And taking down the shower door, putting up the shower curtains. Installing a shower helper.

Wish Thursday would get here already. Prepping has been hard work.

All that and I found a new home for all of my patio furniture to.

Munky Badger.

Go, Munky, Go! But remember to take a nap on occasion.

One more day of forced inactivity for me...back to work tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom