What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't do anything I wanted to get done today. I just am tired of being tired and in pain. ***
***But I miss all my friends. So sometimes I come and just read what is going on in your lives and other times like today I post.
I hope no one is offended by my venting. I just needed to be real and thought it was time I was completely open and honest.
***:(

I went to your blog site and it is amazing. You are a truly talented person in dealing with your life. AND trying to help others with theirs.

"Tired of being tired and in pain." is a litany I am getting to know quite well. So as you've already discovered and I am just finding out, you are not alone. Thanks for your ongoing and fantastic efforts! Keep it up!

CakePoet, thank you for sharing. While I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it is nice to know I am not the only one and there is someone who understands. I am blogging about chronic pain and illness to try and help others get through it.

I am so glad you don't have the depression. It just intensifies everything else. I also have a poor immune system so I catch every cold and flu that comes around.

To justify this being in "What are you doing", I am up at almost 4 am with a cough and pain up and down my whole right side. I am waiting for my medicine to work and playing computer games, trying to clean off my desk and keep my mind off it.

I went to your blog site and it is amazing. You are a truly talented person in dealing with your life. AND trying to help others with theirs.

"Tired of being tired and in pain." is a litany I am getting to know quite well. So as you've already discovered and I am just finding out, you are not alone. Thanks for your ongoing and fantastic efforts! Keep it up!

Thank you, I am here for you.

LPBeier: Yeah bad immune system is normal with fibromyalgia. I have learned how breath through pain and I am on the base note very positive.

I now been in town and I again tired, but dishes need to be done. I am going to stare at them for a moment more and see if they do as they are told by them self. ;)

I didn't do anything I wanted to get done today. I just am tired of being tired and in pain. I know some of you think that I just come here to complain about my health but it's not true. The truth is I don't come here very much anymore because I DON'T want to seem like I am always sick.

But I miss all my friends. So sometimes I come and just read what is going on in your lives and other times like today I post.

The truth is, I have about 15 chronic illnesses - mostly physical but I also suffer from bipolar and depression. The high parts of the bipolar are pretty well managed; however, like right now, I can still go into depression.

In the last while I have been diagnosed with liver and kidney issues which have come from a botched gallbladder surgery and all the medications I have been on through the years.

Besides my osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia taking away my ability to do cakes and cater, now these other conditions are limiting the food I can eat - another reason for avoiding a foodie group.

I hope no one is offended by my venting. I just needed to be real and thought it was time I was completely open and honest.

If this needs to be deleted I will understand and probably quietly stay away. But I like to think I have a few friends still here.

:(

LP!!!!!:wub:
It's good to see you.We miss you around here.
Everybody has a days where we vent. Mine was a few weeks ago.When Mr. Munky got sick. It kept my sanity.If anyone has a problem with your vent, though knowing you for all these years, I didn't see it as such.I'm now called "Munky Badger" for a reason, (I was bad, still not sorry!)

You keep those positive thoughts active.
I LMAO, reading what your Monkey has been up to.Loved it:LOL:
If I were ever to have a cat it would have the same attitude.

Keep in touch when you can, This is your home.
All the best.
Munky Badger.

How would you put it ?

Today is Family Day at the hospital.
Were to learn how to take care of Mr.Munky when he comes home tomorrow.
P/T/-O/T/S/P..teach him how to get into a vehicle safely, go over his diet with his Dietician.Were thrilled the day is almost here. :wub:

Last night I got one too many txt's from people saying that they were going to drop by Thursday and see him.
What's bothering me is they didn't ask! We've been on a roller coaster ride. A lot of things to do.
I really don't want people here! It's not the time. I resent that they haven't even considered his heath and our family's needs at all!

Mr.Munky has strict orders not to be overstimulated,barraged by people when he gets home.
He could have another stroke. The trip home is going to wear him out.Will probably be a painful one to.

I can't think past rude multi contacts replies "Access denied thoughts."

What would you say?

Munky Badger.

"I'm sorry, he can't have visitors for __________ days. Doctor's orders you know. You understand, don't you? But when he is allowed visitors, you really need to call first. Just to make sure he is up to it. I wouldn't want you to come all this way and be disappointed." You fill in the blank.

Last edited:
Munky Badger, I'm so glad tomorrow is the day!! :flowers: You and your boys have been working so hard to get your home as safe and comfortable for him as can possibly be. He is SO lucky to have you all!

As far as the people wanting to visit, I would tell them exactly what the doctor said - something like "Thank you SO much for your concern and wanting to see him, but he is under strict doctors orders to avoid overstimulation and to get lots of rest. We'll give you a call when he's up to visitors...." Something like that.

I'm sure their heart is in the right place, they just don't understand - although I can't imagine just calling or texting and saying "We'll be by." I would never be so presumptuous.

Munky Badger, I'm so glad tomorrow is the day!! :flowers: You and your boys have been working so hard to get your home as safe and comfortable for him as can possibly be. He is SO lucky to have you all!

As far as the people wanting to visit, I would tell them exactly what the doctor said - something like "Thank you SO much for your concern and wanting to see him, but he is under strict doctors orders to avoid overstimulation and to get lots of rest. We'll give you a call when he's up to visitors...." Something like that.

I'm sure their heart is in the right place, they just don't understand - although I can't imagine just calling or texting and saying "We'll be by." I would never be so presumptuous.

And neither would I. As a former patient many times, I always found visitors tired me out more than any therapy or exercise. I always feel like I had to entertain them.

Last edited:
I didn't do anything I wanted to get done today. I just am tired of being tired and in pain. I know some of you think that I just come here to complain about my health but it's not true. The truth is I don't come here very much anymore because I DON'T want to seem like I am always sick.

But I miss all my friends. So sometimes I come and just read what is going on in your lives and other times like today I post.

The truth is, I have about 15 chronic illnesses - mostly physical but I also suffer from bipolar and depression. The high parts of the bipolar are pretty well managed; however, like right now, I can still go into depression.

In the last while I have been diagnosed with liver and kidney issues which have come from a botched gallbladder surgery and all the medications I have been on through the years.

Besides my osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia taking away my ability to do cakes and cater, now these other conditions are limiting the food I can eat - another reason for avoiding a foodie group.

If this needs to be deleted I will understand and probably quietly stay away. But I like to think I have a few friends still here.

Sweetie, we're just glad you're feeling well enough to visit with us now and then :heart: As you know, I have my own chronic issues, and I know how helpful and supportive people are here. We all understand that sometimes enough is enough and people need to let it out. Gentle hugs for you and I hope you have a better day tomorrow {{{LP}}}

Today is Family Day at the hospital.
Were to learn how to take care of Mr.Munky when he comes home tomorrow.
P/T/-O/T/S/P..teach him how to get into a vehicle safely, go over his diet with his Dietician.Were thrilled the day is almost here. :wub:

Last night I got one too many txt's from people saying that they were going to drop by Thursday and see him.
What's bothering me is they didn't ask! We've been on a roller coaster ride. A lot of things to do.
I really don't want people here! It's not the time. I resent that they haven't even considered his heath and our family's needs at all!

Mr.Munky has strict orders not to be overstimulated,barraged by people when he gets home.
He could have another stroke. The trip home is going to wear him out.Will probably be a painful one to.

I can't think past rude multi contacts replies "Access denied thoughts."

What would you say?

Munky Badger.

I've been there. I wouldn't say anything. I would avoid responding to anyone, I posted a notice on our front door, " We are unable to accept visitors at this time"

No need to explain anything to anyone. But you may need to explain to the folks who think the notice didn't apply to them! And that could happen.

You certainly still have friends here!!:flowers: We need to hear from you no matter how you area feeling. You know this is a very supportive bunch!

Thanks, everyone. I know I am not alone, but sometimes I just need to blow off steam. I had a rough night, but TB and I figured another "fix" when it comes to the shopping so it always works out in the end.

Munky Badger (I like that) - With my Dad when someone told me they were coming we would say "no, call when you think you can come and we will tell you if he is up to it. I never had to resort to the sign on the door, but I would have if needed. His care was enough for both of us to handle let alone visitors.

I am so sorry to hear of Mr. Munky's stroke. If you ever need someone to vent to you know where my PM box is!

1.Repair man came yesterday for my "Humidex" (sort of like a dehumidifier/air exchanger). I had purchased the replacement part and had it sent to the dealer here (a friend?!). He says he just sells, doesn't repair. Finally get him to find me a repairman for appliances. He comes, takes out the dead mouse that jammed the fan. Puts everything back together - works fine. Replacement parts not needed. Phone the company, ask for an RA, want my money back ($300). Worst part is, aside from taking over a month for all of the above, the machine is under a 10 year warranty that should have made the parts free! Lousy bookkeeping on everyone part, not impressed.

2. Turned the oven on to bake bread. Starts to heat up, about 10/15 min later realize it isn't heating. I have a propane oven, get down on my hands & knees (that 's painful), pull out the bottom grill drawer, peer in and the pilot is glowing with a tiny flame but the bar running along the oven, nada ... ARGHHH! NOW WHAT!
Ended up cooking the loaf of bread in the toaster oven - worked fine.
I don't really want to call the service department for my propane supplier, charges $95 just for the trip here. But I need my oven...

3. Thermostat for propane fireplace went on the whacko - too long a story to go into, but evidently parts were missing when installed against my vinyl siding, which is now blackened. So flame adjustment, missing parts, thermostat recalibrating. This one I could have started the fixing routine earlier in the year, but just didn't, ... my bad... But now, of course, with winter approaching, ahhh dragn... when will you smarten up! You heat this house with that fireplace! Wake up! Now you have to get people here at their busiest time!

4. Had tires changed over, yes, even for here a bit early, but was going to be near the dealer for other reasons and thought I would be traveling north this month (canceled for the pneumonia). Tire light came on, do this, do that, I'm told, nope - did this, did that, wait 20 to 80 k. I've done 200 k.. take it back this Fri.

5. To top it all off - got pneumonia...
img_1483577_0_86d013235b6d9c51ba9dd293884ecd3b.gif
Well, guess that's it for now... going to open a bottle of wine... what now?? :shock: yes, NOW! :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear all of that dragnlaw. I really feel for you on all counts. Except the bottle of wine - for that I am just plain jealous...but you can drink my share on top of your own!

Well, I don't have to go to Costco anymore but do have to go pick up Violet's medication and food for her and Monkey. I am glad they are cute and cuddly because they are sure costing a lot ;)

I am thinking a stop at the Tim Horton's drive-thru might be manageable :)

Last edited:
hee hee... I make my own, a second bottle is not a problem!

Thanks Taxy, you know I will! ;)

LPB - why thank you - I will toast you as I raise your glass (or two) :LOL:

and then.... comes the fun

img_1483594_0_69398c5eb52a6457949ba20220abb758.gif
I know I enjoyed the wine you brought when we went out to lunch. That was some fine wine Dragn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom