What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting here watching The Quiet Man with John Wayne. Have seen it too many times but Pirate cleaned the whole house while I sat and did nothing. So I am letting him have the TV for the night.

If I am still awake when this movie ends, I am going to make his watch Twelve Any Men with Henry Fonda, with me.

I love black and white movies. I think they may the story more intensified.

Ugh...being sad for my 7 yr. old grandson Tyler...his kitty passed away today from complications of old age :(, and it was also Tyler's first day of second grade. I got the news of his kitty via text this afternoon while he was so excited telling me what an awesome first day of school he had. It wasn't very easy keeping a happy smiley face knowing the news he had facing him when he got home. Planning a few special activities for tomorrow afternoon when I pick him up from school - listening to what he has to say, baseball in the backyard, and ice cream will be involved. :)

Ugh...being sad for my 7 yr. old grandson Tyler...his kitty passed away today from complications of old age :(, and it was also Tyler's first day of second grade. I got the news of his kitty via text this afternoon while he was so excited telling me what an awesome first day of school he had. It wasn't very easy keeping a happy smiley face knowing the news he had facing him when he got home. Planning a few special activities for tomorrow afternoon when I pick him up from school - listening to what he has to say, baseball in the backyard, and ice cream will be involved. :)

My heart goes out to Tyler. You are one great grandma. Time to take Tyler to the animal pound to find him another kitty. A rescue kitty just might have more meaning for him, if he is old enough to understand.

My heart goes out to Tyler. You are one great grandma. Time to take Tyler to the animal pound to find him another kitty. A rescue kitty just might have more meaning for him, if he is old enough to understand.

Thank you so much. I think a trip to the rescue center is what his mom and dad have in mind, once a little time passes. :flowers:

I know a couple of kitties Over The Rainbow Bridge and Tyler's kitty will be with good friends. Let Tyler know we have him in our hearts and are sorry for his loss.

Poor Tyler, Cheryl. I've been there-done that with two kitties and even at MY age it was hard. I can only imagine how his little heart is breaking. Good thing he has you for a grandma to help patch it up. :heart:

I'm waiting for the very last load of pre-vacation laundry to finish, then I'm heading upstairs to line up a few things we'll need to take food-wise. After that I'll be collapsing in bed, getting up for the last day of prep-and-packing, and finishing all the things I didn't get to yet. Good thing Himself drives First Leg when we go out on trips. I need to nap in the car right out of the gate garage! :LOL:

Thank you so much. I think a trip to the rescue center is what his mom and dad have in mind, once a little time passes. :flowers:

I am glad to hear that. Even little children need time to grieve. Let him know that your many friends are thinking of Kitty. And of him.

And this is for Kitty. :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:
From his many friends.

Last edited:
:(

:( Hugs for Tyler...

Ross

Ugh...being sad for my 7 yr. old grandson Tyler...his kitty passed away today from complications of old age :(, and it was also Tyler's first day of second grade. I got the news of his kitty via text this afternoon while he was so excited telling me what an awesome first day of school he had. It wasn't very easy keeping a happy smiley face knowing the news he had facing him when he got home. Planning a few special activities for tomorrow afternoon when I pick him up from school - listening to what he has to say, baseball in the backyard, and ice cream will be involved. [emoji2]
Aw, Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear this :( I have a few kitties over the Rainbow Bridge, too, so Tyler's sweet one will have lots of company [emoji813]

Thank you all SO much for your kind regards to Tyler regarding the passing of his kitty, Valerie. :wub: You all are so sweet. :flowers:

I've been enjoying my stroll through the threads here. I've run out of ones to read, though. :( That means it's time to get busy doing the last of our pre-trip preparations. *sigh* Sitting has been nice.

I just hope the air dry stuff I hung yesterday evening is dry so we can pack tonight. Right now I have a rolling clothes rack of the dampest of the group parked underneath the sun room ceiling fan, which is set to "high". It seems to be working! :LOL:

I recently finished fine tuneing my new smoker. Need to testburn it again. Since I got that done I'm doing some maintance on y old cooker. Put son differant wheels and tires on it and changing the hitch to a 2 inch ball.
This was a butane tank in its former life. It had really skinny tires on it. They were all rotten. Turns outitsthe same no.t pattern as a 6 bolt chevy pickup.
8adb55634b4094ec9d808f15033c25bd.jpg

Decompressing after Shrek's Urology appointment today. Now waiting for the first Oncology appointment on Monday. Shrek is still being wishy-washy about doing Chemo and Radiation. He is saying, "No more surgery."

I hope Shrek mends up quickly, PF. With your expert help, he can do it.

I am uploading GoPro videos to my backup drive from this summer.

Gotta love the Summertime!

On my boat:

GOPR0454.MP4

Faceplant on the Boogie board:

GOPR0420.MP4

Stone hands!

GOPR0411.MP4

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom