What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PF, how are those bathroom repairs coming? Or should I not be asking? :ermm:

Fine, Dad and I got the drywall up. Now I have to tape it, mud it and paint it. Trying to decide on an accent wall color. Going glossy white for the most part for the light. Shrek informed me he does not like the pumpkin orange walls. He chose a shower curtain with a tree and yellow flowers...so green, yellow, brown...

I canned 6 quarts of pork and another 6 quarts of chickens stock. Worked out pretty good. Started the stock first and by the time the pork was done processing and the pressure canner cooled down enough to open it the stock was about done. Then I decided to put some hamburger jerky in the dehydrator.

I just got done making a small batch of sauerkraut to use in the strudel JanetH posted in the recent Octoberfest thread. It only takes 4 or so days to ferment because it's such a small amount, you can make as little as a quart. A big plus for me is that it's not as strong tasting as the commercial stuff.

Last edited:
I just got done making a small batch of sauerkraut to use in the strudel JanetH posted in the recent Octoberfest thread. It only takes 4 or so days to ferment because it's such a small amount, you can make as little as a quart. A big plus for me is that it's not as strong tasting as the commercial stuff.
Is that a special sauerkraut recipe? Or is it just fast because it's a small amount?

I can't wait for you to let us know how things work out with the new furbaby, LP. Pictures would be nice, too. :rolleyes:

As you wish!

Her name is Cupcake (we decided to stay with that) and she is 4 months old. We are awaiting the formal green light but we are basically approved. She should arrive in Seattle from Peurto Vallarta on the 24th or 25th. We will drive down there to pick her up.

Attachments

• Cupcake.jpg
    Cupcake.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 91
As you wish!

Her name is Cupcake (we decided to stay with that) and she is 4 months old. We are awaiting the formal green light but we are basically approved. She should arrive in Seattle from Peurto Vallarta on the 24th or 25th. We will drive down there to pick her up.

She's adorable LP.
Does Monkey know your home has a cute little cupcake on the way?
;):LOL:

First one up today.Everyone is sleeping in.They stayed up took shifts to help Mr Munky smoke up a brisket in his new smoker all night Saturday and Sunday.

Now I'm waiting for the knock at the door from the crazy lady next door.
We've been told before the smoke from our small fire pit disturbs them.These guys had that smoker going all week.
I smiled every time that door opened.The smoke blew right over their roof.:ohmy:

I did ask first thing yesterday if she tossed a Tri tip over the fence at him?
Like she once did to me.I'm a little head shy when I bbq now.
That wasn't cool.She wisely didn't.

That was our weekend.I slept in and did nothing all day.
Nice to have a break like that.I certainly needed it.

As you wish!

Gorgeous puppy... I know you will love her... :)

Ross

I think it's the amount, just ferments faster for some reason. It's 1-1/2 Tblsp salt to a head of cabbage, with 1 tsp caraway seeds if you want. Never multiplied it up to see if that's same ratio in a large batch.

How To Make Homemade Sauerkraut in a Mason Jar | Kitchn
That looks like the instructions a friend (a professionally trained chef) gave me. He gave me the ratio: add salt at the rate of 2% of the weight of the shredded cabbage. I have a kitchen scale, so by weight works well for me.

First one up today.Everyone is sleeping in.They stayed up took shifts to help Mr Munky smoke up a brisket in his new smoker all night Saturday and Sunday.

Now I'm waiting for the knock at the door from the crazy lady next door.
We've been told before the smoke from our small fire pit disturbs them.These guys had that smoker going all week.
I smiled every time that door opened.The smoke blew right over their roof.:ohmy:

I did ask first thing yesterday if she tossed a Tri tip over the fence at him?
Like she once did to me.I'm a little head shy when I bbq now.
That wasn't cool.She wisely didn't.

That was our weekend.I slept in and did nothing all day.
Nice to have a break like that.I certainly needed it.

Now that is funny!!! I hope you picked it up, washed it off and BBQ'd it.

The day before yesterday was to clean this apartment from top to bottom. So yesterday was a sleep and vegetate most of the day. Right through my 3 p.m. appointment at the vascular lab. The second one I missed. So I called today and they had an opening tomorrow. If I have to stay up all night, I AM NOT GOING TO MISS THIS ONE! Missing two is enough. Time to get my act together. I canceled my appt. with the a.m. foot doctor just to make sure I have plenty of time to get ready. The foot doctor was just for nail clipping. I can do that myself.

The day before yesterday was to clean this apartment from top to bottom. So yesterday was a sleep and vegetate most of the day. Right through my 3 p.m. appointment at the vascular lab. The second one I missed. So I called today and they had an opening tomorrow. If I have to stay up all night, I AM NOT GOING TO MISS THIS ONE! Missing two is enough. Time to get my act together. I canceled my appt. with the a.m. foot doctor just to make sure I have plenty of time to get ready. The foot doctor was just for nail clipping. I can do that myself.

It wasn't so funny at the time.:mad:

The Tri Tip was already packaged.She had just gotten home from grocery shopping.Noticed that I had the Q going.Not saying so much as a hello first.That puny thing was laying on my lawn."Since your already cooking, cook this up for my husband.I don't eat meat"
That was the only reason why I didn't spiral that sucker like a football back over then fence with a quick "KMA! comment" I felt bad for him.

My husband said if it was him he would have burned the c... out of it and tell her "That's how we like ours!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Missing your vascular appmt wasn't good Addie.
Your apartment can wait.
Preventative problems can't.

Hope you make your appointment today. Are you having an ultrasound done on your legs? Mom has to have one done on her neck on 11/14.

Hope you make your appointment today. Are you having an ultrasound done on your legs? Mom has to have one done on her neck on 11/14.

I had the one on the neck a number of years ago. I have one side that is 3/4 blocked.
Today was with the cuffs on arms, legs and ankles. But I have three open sores on one ankle to they did the big toe instead. My blood pressure on my arm reading was way over what it usually is. And I was totally relaxed.

SO, GD and I went pumpkin and apple picking yesterday. GD wanted to experience a New England Fall activity. She was disappointed the pumpkins weren't still on the vine for her to pick like the apples on the trees but adapted and had a wonderful time. Of course we had to stop for apple cider donuts at one of the farms.

GD requested an apple pie from some of the apples we picked. Not sure when to do it as she is flying or away tonight and Friday thru Sunday evening.

Eating three soft boiled eggs and a half piece of toast. I am not hungry, just trying to keep my weight where it is at. 105 lbs. At my age and with my health problems, I simply do not have a big appetite and I am not as active as I once was. I love to cook. I just don't want to eat. But I am trying.

Many moons ago I would get up in the morning, make breakfast, pack lunches, make the beds, put on a load of laundry and then head for the kitchen. I always tried to have something for the kids to snack on after school. And I also made something for supper dessert. I miss that.

Today, Pirate does most of the cooking, making sure I eat at least once a day, and I just sit watching TV or go for a walk with Teddy. A lot of times I sit at the computer doing surveys making extra money. I would love to go back to many moons ago.

I had the one on the neck a number of years ago. I have one side that is 3/4 blocked.
Today was with the cuffs on arms, legs and ankles. But I have three open sores on one ankle to they did the big toe instead. My blood pressure on my arm reading was way over what it usually is. And I was totally relaxed.

When do you find out the results, or did they tell you the results right after the testing was done? Mom had a carotid endarectomy done on her left side in 2009, and they keep a good eye on both of the carotid arteries because of that. They haven't mentioned doing the other side yet, so I take that as a good thing. Hope they figure out what's going on with your blood pressure.

When do you find out the results, or did they tell you the results right after the testing was done? Mom had a carotid endarectomy done on her left side in 2009, and they keep a good eye on both of the carotid arteries because of that. They haven't mentioned doing the other side yet, so I take that as a good thing. Hope they figure out what's going on with your blood pressure.

We have a computer program called "My Chart." Within 48 hours all tests results are posted on it for me to check out. The chart is maintained by the hospital. I also have one for Winthrop. They do my blood work and other tests that the hospital doesn't do. And they give me any and al shots I may need. They show up on the chart also. Between the two charts all my medical history is available to me. Even my stays in the hospital. Including Doctors and nurses notes. I love the system. It keeps track of all my appointments with my different doctors and their specialty. I get a notice in my Email the day before just in case I forgot about it or haven't checked My Chart.

Back
Top Bottom