What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoke Alarms are best fitted on ceilings whereas Carbon Monoxide alarms are best on the wall at average head height of the occupants per <that post on Quora. There are more posts that go into more detail, if you're interested.

Our silly ceilings are only 7 1/2 feet. Himself is 6' 2" in bare feet. It doesn't matter much in our house! :LOL:

Interesting. Our CO detectors came with instructions to install them about two feet off the floor. Makes sense. CO is heavier than air and would accumulate at floor level first.

I know this might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ve had hell treat with welsh cakes that tingle when playing with the bakers soft spot. At first it was dry and fruity but now it a moist nob tickler that cakey bakey pudding and pie . Desert just got kinky

I know this might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ve had hell treat with welsh cakes that tingle when playing with the bakers soft spot. At first it was dry and fruity but now it a moist nob tickler that cakey bakey pudding and pie . Desert just got kinky

Can you please translate that into American street language?
J/K.... I think I got most of what you said...:))

Addie, you'll be long gone by the time that alarm goes off!! Pirate installed it way up there?

No. My heating system is inside a built-in chimney with the exhaust on two sides and the intake of air on the front of the chimney with the temp control just above the intake. The CO2 is placed just above the temp control. The smoke detector is on the ceiling. BTW management changes the intake filter twice a year.

For me, anything five feet or higher is out of reach for me. And with just one leg, a stool is of no value to me at all. At least for now.

Maybe, but sometimes I'm just lazy and unmotivated. :ermm::LOL:

Tyler helps with that, though. He just finished his after school snack and homework, and wants me to toss the ball in the back yard with him. It's such a beautiful day out, and I can't say no to that little face. :wub:

Yep, I'm dragging again today, but I have to get into that kitchen and hustle up that dinner planned from Taco Tuesday. Can't be wasting shrimp for sure.
Have fun with Tyler Cheryl. He will keep you young.

Last edited:
The worse jet lag I ever had was an 11 hr time change when we flew to Russia.The terrible part was we never saw the sunshine for the two weeks we were there, so it was impossible to change your internal bio clock. I felt dead. It took 11 full days to feel like a human being again at both ends. Geeze, I'll never be doing that again.
Getting over the hr. time change is taking longer than expected for me, but we should all be ok by tomorrow. :cool:

Ladies, I say we rustle up a posse and go off on a get-up-and-go hunting party. Or, maybe, meet in the kinda-middle at Princess F's house and just party! :LOL:

I think my biggest problem I that I think of all the things I want to do, can't decide on which one, and just give up to goof off. That plan seems to have been working for years...

I've never been busier, I'm helping a friend out driving trucks, he can't get good staff that will pass a drug test. I don't do drugs........anymore. :)

Russ

The worse jet lag I ever had was an 11 hr time change when we flew to Russia.The terrible part was we never saw the sunshine for the two weeks we were there, so it was impossible to change your internal bio clock. I felt dead. It took 11 full days to feel like a human being again at both ends. Geeze, I'll never be doing that again.
Getting over the hr. time change is taking longer than expected for me, but we should all be ok by tomorrow. :cool:

Give airline pinball a try sometime. Dallas to Denver, to Dallas, to San Fran, to New York/Connecticut, and back to San Fran/San Diego then back to Dallas -- in just over one week. :ohmy:

I didn't leave my bed for 24 hours. :LOL:

CD

Give airline pinball a try sometime. Dallas to Denver, to Dallas, to San Fran, to New York/Connecticut, and back to San Fran/San Diego then back to Dallas -- in just over one week. :ohmy:

I didn't leave my bed for 24 hours. :LOL:

CD

Yep pinball time changes within the USA can be rough, but nothing compares to recovering from a nearly complete time zone change half way around the world from home. Odd it wasn't as bad traveling the same amount of hours west to New Zealand. Russia nearly killed me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom