What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Enjoy your time in that peaceful setting, Cheryl. The grands might be noisy, but it will be nice to get away from the rockin' and rollin'.

Thank you, CG. You are SO right....the grands will be full of energy (4 little boys between the ages of 6 and 10) but it's music to my ears. :LOL:

Last edited:
I know you must be having a wonderful time Cheryl...you so deserve it!

I just got another shipment from Amazon. This is a public service announcement...
If you are wanting some new sneakers...these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on my feet!! I paid $60 through Amazon. They also make them for men.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/12837/ultra-flex-first-take/red

Last edited:

I just got another shipment from Amazon. This is a public service announcement...
If you are wanting some new sneakers...these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on my feet!! I paid $60 through Amazon. They also make them for men.

I *love* Skechers! Especially with the neuropathy in my feet, I almost won't buy any other brand.

On the subject of Sketchers, does anyone use these who has wide feet or bunions? I have a really hard time finding shoes that fit.

Loverly took me out for sports shoes as my Christmas gift last year, taxy, and my foot is broad across the toes and has a bunion issue, too. I LOVE my Vionics! They also have a molded arch support that is not intrusive, but makes my feet feel 20 years younger. They were still a bit tight across the bunion, but I have my Dad's old wood and metal shoe stretcher, so I got them to a perfect fit. I would think any real shoe store might have a way to stretch a shoe to order? I don't know - that might be too old-fashioned of a service to find nowadays.

I've never worn Sketchers. I really don't shop much so when I find something that works for me I wear them into the ground until my kids yell at me.

I also have neuropathy and can not go without shoes. They especially must have thick soft soles. I found Crocs were/are wonderful for wide feet and neuropathy. But be careful choosing. They must be in their classic shape of the originals, otherwise too tight for wide feet. Plus I'm flat footed as well, triple whammy.

taxy, if you're in for a bit of a trip - on the 401 at the bottom of Hwy 34 a place called Rob MacIntosh China & Crystal Shop. There is a Croc's outlet there. Sometimes they have good choices other times... mehh..
But better that what I've found at L'Equippeur.

I've also ordered online but once was disappointed as I chose wrong. Sold them to a friend as the shipping back was more than the price of the shoes. I've always been meaning to find out if I can return them to the outlet if they were ordered on-line. Have just never gotten around to it.

I would think any real shoe store might have a way to stretch a shoe to order? I don't know - that might be too old-fashioned of a service to find nowadays.

Try to find a cobbler - I know few and far between - a dying trade I fear. Should yo be lucky to find one, they will be able to stretch shoes for you.

Oh boy...
Think I'm going to grab a bottle of Gravol and collapse in front of the TV

Last edited:
Yeah, I know a store in my area that sells wide shoes. I was hoping to hear about the easy online method of shopping. If Sketchers are likely to work, I'll try them. There are free returns for them on Amazon. So, no real interest in trips down the 401, but thanks for the suggestion.

Cleaning up the rest of the kitchen after the play day in the kitchen with the caregiver. Almost done since I cleaned as went. Just one more run of the dishwasher going.

On the subject of Sketchers, does anyone use these who has wide feet or bunions? I have a really hard time finding shoes that fit.

Me.

I wear a 10D. Really. And I have corns and an extra bone each in two of my toes. We have a Sketchers outlet In the outlet mall, and since I discovered them, I haven't bought anything else. They are THAT comfortable with all my foot issues.

I'll tell ya, I love all my Sketcher's as I have foot problems too, but this newest pair I just got is the cream of the crop! I'm going to get more colors.
Souschef is groaning as he recently took dozens of my old shoes to the thrift store. LOL

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feed back on the Sketchers. I will probably buy a pair and see how I like them, especially since Amazon.ca says that returns are free.

Thank you Kay.....yes, it was a wonderful time and had a great time with family...I'm home now....didn't really want to come home to the 'e' word.....could have stayed there for a lot longer. LOL.

I've heard about Sketchers from friends. Going to put them on my order list!

Last edited:
Yeah, I know a store in my area that sells wide shoes. I was hoping to hear about the easy online method of shopping. If Sketchers are likely to work, I'll try them. There are free returns for them on Amazon. So, no real interest in trips down the 401, but thanks for the suggestion.
There is a cobbler in Quebec City who makes custom-fit leather shoes. I can't find his business card--the shoes are pricey, but comfy. I don't have bunions, thank goodness, but my Mom has horrible bunions. Buying shoes was always a challenge for her. Now she just wears socks. Narrow, narrow foot and heel, but the bunions were always an issue. She spent a lot of money on her shoes as I recall. Spend the money, your feet are worth it.

In some ways I agree with you CWS but on the other hand for me, my feet change so quickly between neuropathy and arthritis I simply can't afford to change shoes that often.

One of the reasons I like the Crocs so much is I can cut out toe areas and or cut/stretch them where needed.

We are waiting for the repair guys. They are supposed to paint in our basement. This is being arranged by our insurance. It's because the basement got flooded by our water heater in January. I am getting awfully tired of waiting.

For the past month or so, I have been lamenting how crammed full our upright freezer is. So I have been consciously trying to use foods in the freezer so I could empty it out some.

I have been planning to make chicken stock but didn't think I had enough bones in the freezer. SO insisted I had a ton of bones.

Well, I decided today was the day so I scavenged both freezers for chicken bones. I filled my 20-quart stock pot to the brim!

As a result, the house has a wonderful aroma of simmering chicken stock and I have tons of room in the freezer!

As a side "benefit", SO got to say, "I told you so.".;)

I'm waiting for a text from a friend. She is going to pick me up and we are going for supper at a local pub with another friend. I'm really looking forward to this.

Back
Top Bottom