What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time to put the china and crystal away today.
I set a beautiful Christmas dinner table for 5 with my mother's china yesterday, and I finally found a practical use for her dainty tea cups by using them at each place setting for my Christmas Ambrosia salad. They looked so pretty decorated with red pomegranate seeds.

Time to put the china and crystal away today.
I set a beautiful Christmas dinner table for 5 with my mother's china yesterday, and I finally found a practical use for her dainty tea cups by using them at each place setting for my Christmas Ambrosia salad. They looked so pretty decorated with red pomegranate seeds.

Good Grief!!!!! lol

TI finally found a practical use for her dainty tea cups by using them at each place setting for my Christmas Ambrosia salad. They looked so pretty decorated with red pomegranate seeds.

What a great idea. I have teacups from MY grandmother. Don't think they've even been used since the 50's. I truly believe these things are to be used... somehow!

Is your Ambrosia Salad listed somewhere? Sounds perfect.

What a great idea. I have teacups from MY grandmother. Don't think they've even been used since the 50's. I truly believe these things are to be used... somehow!

Is your Ambrosia Salad listed somewhere? Sounds perfect.

Thanks dragn, I was glad to have a practical use for them and they looked so pretty.

I'll be happy to write up the recipe. It was really delicious.

What am I doing? Using my new keyboard and mouse for the first time. It feels a little strange and small. Hope it won't take too long to get used to it. I am also eating a chocolate, nut covered biscoti from a beautiful box of such that DH bought me.

My Dad has turned into a maniac. Since Mom died on Christmas Day, he has been obsessed with getting her presence out of the house. So I have been going through her clothes, books, and craft bins (when I haven't been weeping). I know everyone grieves differently, but I am finding his "gotta get this stuff gone now" attitude a bit callous, not to mention disrespectful of the 65+ years together. I want her ashes home. He won't pick them up, and I can't. I lost it tonight when he asked me for her engagement ring back--he wants to take it to the jeweler and sell it. Traditionally, the diamonds have always been passed down to the daughter. I am really hurt and can't find the words to communicate that pain to him.

CWS- so very sorry you are having to go thru this. It's none of my business of course only I can't help but say... just tell him no, it is now yours as was given to you. He has no right to ask for it back.

He is grieving in his own way but giving in to him will not really make him feel better and.... will definitely make your own grief even worse over the years to come.

You have been so brave thru all this - my hugs go out to you.

Back to work on Monday, will be working hard this weekend to get my sleep schedule back on track. We'll see how long I can handle along with Rehab (1.5 hours) three times a week.

Good to see you are scheduled to resume work..

Hope that will help your healing process.. :)

Ross

Help with the mental healing.:wacko:

Sounds good, PF! I bet you're glad to get some sort of normalcy back. I bet your critters will miss you, though.

I bet they are tired of me telling them what to do all day.:LOL:

Glad you're doing well enough to go back to work, PF! [emoji813] I'm sure you've been getting antsy hanging around the house all day! [emoji38] Hugs.

My Dad has turned into a maniac. Since Mom died on Christmas Day, he has been obsessed with getting her presence out of the house. So I have been going through her clothes, books, and craft bins (when I haven't been weeping). I know everyone grieves differently, but I am finding his "gotta get this stuff gone now" attitude a bit callous, not to mention disrespectful of the 65+ years together. I want her ashes home. He won't pick them up, and I can't. I lost it tonight when he asked me for her engagement ring back--he wants to take it to the jeweler and sell it. Traditionally, the diamonds have always been passed down to the daughter. I am really hurt and can't find the words to communicate that pain to him.

Hi, I am soo sorry about what you are going through. Please tell your father for me, I have been there. And I learned that for the first year DO NOT MAKE ANY MAJOR DECISIONS. YOU ARE NOT YOURSELF. Waiting for that first year to pass can and will be very hard to do. Your father thinks he will be able to handle the passing of his wife much easier if there are not any reminders of what he lost, but it doesn't work that way. A year from now he will feel and see things differently. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom