"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Hugs to you that sweetie of yours, Bucky. Mahalo.

Old 02-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Today I will be praying for wasabi, doing school work (college and kids' stuff), housework, watching the Olympics, and going to Drama practice (we have a performance tomorrow night). Oh yeah, I will also balance the checkbook and see how much we can put toward bills. Fun, fun, fun!

Barbara

Old 02-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #13
Master Chef

I got up at 7:30 am. Went down to the bakery to pick up some jalapeno cheese bread that I ordered yesterday. Got a latte to go at the bakery. Came back home and started the doing the weekend laundry. This afternoon if the temperature warms up I want to take the dog for a walk.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

barbara, i just got to watch parts of the usa - swiss women's ice hockey game. the u.s. team looked incredible. tough, fast, and quite talented. we won 6-0.

and for hockey players, some of them were very attractive. (i never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth. )

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
and for hockey players, some of them were very attractive. (i never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth. )
Always thought it, just never said it, right Bucky?

Barbara
Old 02-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Wasabi - thoughts are with you regarding ultra sound.

Got up at 7:15 - took my daughter to school for testing, stopped at Starbucks to get a latte, ran to market, came home, unloaded groceries, started laundry, played with my son, changed beds, and here I am. I should be painting - just like you Texasgirl - we are painting too - AGAIN (long story from last weekend, but having to remove trim and sand and paint around baseboards!) This is the guest bedroom in basement - having guests next weekend, so it has to get done. DH is working on it now......better join him.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm jealous of you all! I had to get up at 6:30 to get my son up to go to his first UIL competition at school. Good thing my daughter went to sleep over at a friend's since she usually wakes me up at 6:00, if not before. I dropped off my son (since daughter was already at school w/her friend), picked them up around 11:00, took them to lunch at Quizno's, and off shopping to the grocery store. This afternoon, we should be exercising on the trampoline, go for a walk and help my daughter with her swan piñata, or "Valentine's Day box", as she calls it. She's making a beautiful, white swan out of paper mache. Later, this evening I'll be fixing dinner and more than likely watch a Pay-Per-View movie with the family. You all have a great day! Prayers for you Wasabi. Everything will be just fine, you'll see.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Wasabi,
will be thinking of you..Prayers coming your way..We're all here if you need us for anything.

kadesma
Old 02-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #19
Master Chef

Wasabi, I'm thinking of you, too and sending hugs!

DH is doing some cleaning, I just gave Sofie a bath, got her down for a nap and am now going to make a big pot of stew. Before my DH's aunt died last month she asked us to make sure her husband ate--it was one of her biggest concerns at the end (how sweet!)--so I'm going to try to stock his freezer a bit.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
Executive Chef

I haven't done much today. After all the exercise and keeping my grandson all week, I've been quite tired and didn't even go to Curves this morning. I think I will make it a point to take it easy on Saturday from now on. It seemed so good not to have to get up and get out today. I just may get lazy, if I have time.