"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
lol, the way i read it babe, your dinner guests should enjoy being dust free.

tg, you're not the only one working on saturday. i get home around 1am sunday morning (sat night), and i have to be back in at 11pm sunday. that's my day off.
and web have the grammys tomorrow, so it'll be busy when i get in.

so, i worked since 8am today. not a hard day, really. then i rushed home; grabbed a gallon of milk on the way. gave the boy his bath, played ambulance and stretcher (the couch and ironing board, respectively) for a bit, then read a coupla backyardigans books, as well as "i'll love you forever".

back into the truck, and 85 mph back into the city.

now i have to check chroma levels on a dely net feed to the west coast of a cw network show.

ees no my yob, mang, but i can't get the lazy a$$es in that dept. to fix it, and i'm the highest ranking technical person in tonight, so i'll go check it out. grrrrrrr.

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #12
Executive Chef
Catching up on the 20 pages of new threads that I have missed during my absence!!!! oh and the 132 emails!!! However I am meant to be making potato and leek soup and dicing up the watermelon.

Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #13
Executive Chef
Just general housekeeping today, but I managed to put together a jigsaw puzzle with the boys so it was still fun.
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Relaxing....Enjoying what will be a high of 71* and sunny skies....
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #15
Master Chef
Have to go wash my car sometime, other than that, not a thing!!! LOL
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
Executive Chef
I'm hosting a meeting at my house today. I'll do some mad cleaning, take a shower and bake cookies if I have time. Dh is working too. Hopefully the kids will do okay while the meeting is going on. Tonight I will relax by watching some old Will & Grace episodes.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #17
Master Chef
Not much going on today. Just sitting here drinking a nice cup of hot apple cider and looking out the window, watching and listening to the wind blow through the big pine tree I have in the back yard. The temperature is still below zero. The good thing is, THE SUN IS SHINING!
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #18
Assistant Cook
What are you doing today?

Hi, I put a roast in my slow cooker and am sitting back relaxing. Hubby and I went to a Valentine dinner and dance last night so today is "doing not much of anything day". Later on we will be getting a visit from our grandchildren (girl 7 and boy 3). This something we really look forward to. Our grandson has autism and is such a joy. Our granddaughter of course is a little princess.
Take Care.
summerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I have some ironing to do and a load of clothes to fold but... other than that I think I'll laze the day away. Monday and the work week will be here soon enough.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #20
Master Chef
Well, not taking it to the wash, suppose to rain tomorrow so I will wait til after, but, normally on Sunday, I don't do anything at all. I actually had energy today {no smoking?} and cleaned, washed a couple loads of clothes, cleaned out my car, I'm very bad about my car, vaccumed, lots of ashes in the back seat and wiped it all down with Mr Clean wipes. I know it will take a while, but, it doesn't smell as bad like an ashtray now. Never thought about how nasty my car was until I quit.

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote