"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Master Chef
What are you doing today?

Right now I am watching cooking shows on PBS. I don't have cable so I'm stuck with the local PBS shows.

LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We are doing errands all day. Shopping and taking things to be repaired. I'll also go to the tanning booth and get a dose of "SUNSHINE"

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
Master Chef
May be going to Grapevine Mills mall to find a carosuel horse for my friend in Canada. (It's the first time I have been to a mall in years!!!) Then watch some NASCAR. Maybe a 4 mile run, the weather is great! And cornish game hens are on the menu for tonight!
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to mikki
We went and test drove a new (used van) now we are just sitting here vegging out watching it snow.
mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Master Chef
I hate working Saturdays. Everyone else is out having fun!!
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
Executive Chef
Worked on my dirtbike a little, smoking some beef ribs, my left hand found the business end of a screwdriver, so I'm nursing that.
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Emptied and cleaned out a kitchen cabinet that I've been wanting to get to for a long time. Looks good.

Chopped up all the waste scraps from 10 pounds of chicken and several pounds of beef. Put them in a pot of water and simmered them for the outside kitties. They'll eat well for at least a week.

Made the dough for Vera's King Cake and have it in the refrigerator for it's 24-hour rest. Didn't get to the cake on Mardi Gras, so we'll enjoy it this weekend.

Will start reading a book I bought our 8-year-old grandson that I'll send him for his birthday, which is on Valentine's Day. We live far, far away from him and I want to be able to talk about the story with him when he reads it.

If there's any time left, I need to finish two columns I've started and do outlines for a couple more.

Love it when it's a sunny day. It's just like a shot of adrenaline and I have the urge to do all sorts of things.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #8
Executive Chef
What a good Grandma you are, Katie.

Went to ballet this morning. Then I came home and grabbed Aidan (dh and Callum napped together for 3 hours!) Aidan and I ran some errands for a friend that is on bed rest. We just came back from a walk down to the beach. Aidan scraped his back on a rock, so he'll be whiney and attached at the hip for the rest of the day. I'm gonna go start dinner now. Hopefully dh won't crash early tonight, I wanna watch Lost.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
spent a lot of the day dusting, etc. dinner guests. spent a couple hours preping for the dinner. i hope they enjoy it.

babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
Senior Cook
Smile Just finished lunch and..

trying to get hubby off the lounge after his big night out so that we can mow and whipper snip the lawn WHILE IT IS NOT RAINING- bit like a jungle at the moment, then marinated beef on the bbq with mashed potatoes and veg for dinner and then off to bed early as we have an appointment in Sydney tomorrow so a 5.30 a.m. start is on the cards.

Cath4420 is offline   Reply With Quote