What are you doing today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Right now I am watching cooking shows on PBS. I don't have cable so I'm stuck with the local PBS shows. :ermm:

We are doing errands all day. Shopping and taking things to be repaired. I'll also go to the tanning booth and get a dose of "SUNSHINE"

May be going to Grapevine Mills mall to find a carosuel horse for my friend in Canada. (It's the first time I have been to a mall in years!!!) Then watch some NASCAR. Maybe a 4 mile run, the weather is great! And cornish game hens are on the menu for tonight!

We went and test drove a new (used van) now we are just sitting here vegging out watching it snow.

Worked on my dirtbike a little, smoking some beef ribs, my left hand found the business end of a screwdriver, so I'm nursing that.

Emptied and cleaned out a kitchen cabinet that I've been wanting to get to for a long time. Looks good.

Chopped up all the waste scraps from 10 pounds of chicken and several pounds of beef. Put them in a pot of water and simmered them for the outside kitties. They'll eat well for at least a week.

Made the dough for Vera's King Cake and have it in the refrigerator for it's 24-hour rest. Didn't get to the cake on Mardi Gras, so we'll enjoy it this weekend.

Will start reading a book I bought our 8-year-old grandson that I'll send him for his birthday, which is on Valentine's Day. We live far, far away from him and I want to be able to talk about the story with him when he reads it.

If there's any time left, I need to finish two columns I've started and do outlines for a couple more.

Love it when it's a sunny day. It's just like a shot of adrenaline and I have the urge to do all sorts of things.

Last edited:
What a good Grandma you are, Katie.

Went to ballet this morning. Then I came home and grabbed Aidan (dh and Callum napped together for 3 hours!) Aidan and I ran some errands for a friend that is on bed rest. We just came back from a walk down to the beach. Aidan scraped his back on a rock, so he'll be whiney and attached at the hip for the rest of the day. I'm gonna go start dinner now. Hopefully dh won't crash early tonight, I wanna watch Lost.

Just finished lunch and..

trying to get hubby off the lounge after his big night out so that we can mow and whipper snip the lawn WHILE IT IS NOT RAINING- bit like a jungle at the moment, then marinated beef on the bbq with mashed potatoes and veg for dinner and then off to bed early as we have an appointment in Sydney tomorrow so a 5.30 a.m. start is on the cards.:sleep:

lol, the way i read it babe, your dinner guests should enjoy being dust free. :cool:

tg, you're not the only one working on saturday. i get home around 1am sunday morning (sat night), and i have to be back in at 11pm sunday. that's my day off. :cool:
and web have the grammys tomorrow, so it'll be busy when i get in.

so, i worked since 8am today. not a hard day, really. then i rushed home; grabbed a gallon of milk on the way. gave the boy his bath, played ambulance and stretcher (the couch and ironing board, respectively) for a bit, then read a coupla backyardigans books, as well as "i'll love you forever".

back into the truck, and 85 mph back into the city. :wacko:

now i have to check chroma levels on a dely net feed to the west coast of a cw network show.

ees no my yob, mang, but i can't get the lazy a$$es in that dept. to fix it, and i'm the highest ranking technical person in tonight, so i'll go check it out. grrrrrrr.

Catching up on the 20 pages of new threads that I have missed during my absence!!!! oh and the 132 emails!!! However I am meant to be making potato and leek soup and dicing up the watermelon.

I'm hosting a meeting at my house today. I'll do some mad cleaning, take a shower and bake cookies if I have time. Dh is working too. Hopefully the kids will do okay while the meeting is going on. Tonight I will relax by watching some old Will & Grace episodes.

Not much going on today. Just sitting here drinking a nice cup of hot apple cider and looking out the window, watching and listening to the wind blow through the big pine tree I have in the back yard. The temperature is still below zero. The good thing is, THE SUN IS SHINING!

Hi, I put a roast in my slow cooker and am sitting back relaxing. Hubby and I went to a Valentine dinner and dance last night so today is "doing not much of anything day". Later on we will be getting a visit from our grandchildren (girl 7 and boy 3). This something we really look forward to. Our grandson has autism and is such a joy. Our granddaughter of course is a little princess.
Take Care.
Summer:rolleyes:

I have some ironing to do and a load of clothes to fold but... other than that I think I'll laze the day away. Monday and the work week will be here soon enough.

Well, not taking it to the wash, suppose to rain tomorrow so I will wait til after, but, normally on Sunday, I don't do anything at all. I actually had energy today {no smoking?} and cleaned, washed a couple loads of clothes, cleaned out my car, I'm very bad about my car, vaccumed, lots of ashes in the back seat :sick:and wiped it all down with Mr Clean wipes. I know it will take a while, but, it doesn't smell as bad like an ashtray now. Never thought about how nasty my car was until I quit.:wacko::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom