What are you GIVING this holiday season?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This Christmas i sent money to my 5 grankids, because thats what they prefer.I also get them a small gift to open when we go there before Christmas. I got my hubby a new winter coat and his new radiator for his farmall tractor was his Christms gift also.I also got him a new shirt from the critters.I have a special aunt that I gave 12 pints of canned tomatoes and 3 half pints of apple butter and 2 pints of pickled beets.One special cousin got her favorite body lotion.She babysits my critters when we have to go out of town. For my critters, they will get assorted toys and a few goodies. For my daughter and son in law a convection oven and an old horse coller to hang in their new barn.I also have 4 ice cream pails full of cookies for the grankids.We plan on donating dog and kitty food to the animal shelter here too. For a few close friends I have assorted cookies and candies that I have made along with jams.

I admire all the great giving and love from all. Now that we are retired, can't really do like we use too. We just makes sure our two grandsons (9 & 2) have a special Christmas. We all have a very nice dinner, and just being together is a gift for me. Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year !:santa:

I still have to see if I can find this... but...
I'm going to try and find a nice photo frame, or locket that can hold a picture.
Then I'm going to take her out, and we'll go get our pictures together.
She's been complaining about me never smiling, so I'm gonna try my hardest to do that for her.

buckytom said:
beth, you give goats?!? do you get a cow or chicken on your birthday? lol, j/k.

i like sattie's and ambuh's gifts the best so far. could always use a little love.
it's funny, every year dw asks me what i want for christmas, and since i don't need a thing, i'd always respond "just be extra nice to me this year. a little love goes a long way".

i end up getting crappy gifts.

Buckytom.... that is all I want too, just to be loved and being around loved ones. I don't need a thing! I know how you feel about the crappy gift thing too!!!! That is why I say, GIVE ME LOVE!

Hey!!!!!

bethzaring said:
once again, we purchased goats through Heifer International for all our family members. Since we all are older, they really seem to appreciate not receiving gifts and having that money contributed to the less fortunate.

I want a goat, too!!!!!!

First of all is lots of love to my kids..They have been great since we lost their Dad..They always were great but now they are full of love and support.

They will get cash..the grandsons will get gift cards to buy a game for their what ever kind of machine they have.

VeraBlue said:
I want a goat, too!!!!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think I need to re-phrase my statement!! I purchase goats in the names of my Mom, MIL, sisters, and BIL's. Vera, I wish you could have a goat, they are such lovable animals, with proper fencing!!

Bucky, I really would like a chicken for my birthday, but a cow I do not need:LOL:

DH, gets shirts from Nascar.com, and wildlife shirts. He was getting the grill, but, due to health issues, our money is going to medical bills this week.
Oldest boy is getting a Dallas Cowboy cap, Dallas cowboy cheerleader bikini calendar, 2 games and a movie.
Youngest is getting a few shirts from Nascar, #8 floor mats for his truck, New England Pats cheerleader bikini calendar and a Pat's belt buckle.

We do the White elephant Xmas at my sisters which is a Dallas Cowboy windchime and am animated melting snowman. We stuff all the kids stockings with small things from everyone there, they are usually overflowing too. LOL
DH's side is the same, but, we got a motorized grill brush and a Santa snowglobe.

My brother, sister and I went together on my Mom's present. We sent all the 8mm home movies off to be transferred to a DVD.

$250 for about 2 hours of movies, my Mom gets the original DVDs, and my SIL will make copies for all of us for free.

I just wish we would have thought about doing it before my Dad died-he would have enjoyed them, too.

I took my mother to the Cirque du Soleil show 'La Nouba' in Orlando in October. Made special arrangements eight months in advance for the best seats that money could buy. We spent four days at one of the Disney resorts, and did the whole 'Disney thing' at the same time.

This year, everyone else will get a nice card, sincerely wishing them well, but saying that I spent the entire year's budget (and then some) on a special trip for my mother.

I do feel some unwarranted guilt for sticking to my original plan, and not getting anyone else anything at all - but it was, and is, the right thing to do. I've never done anything extravagant for her. We went first class all the way, and I arranged for 95%+ of everything that we did to be prepaid or otherwise 'taken care of', so she had a VIP feel the whole time.

I think the special trip for your Mother was a very special thing to do. Don't feel any guilt about the others..they should understand.

I have color slides going back to the "50's" I wonder if they could be put on a DVD?
Marge

to heck with the rest of the family, blackwell. how often in your lifetime do you get to spoil your ma? she won't be around forever, so do it when you can, as often as you can.

besides, i woulda thought the rest of the family would be sick of you for being on your lists all of the time...:rolleyes:

Ayrton said:
Vera, honey, trust me. You've got enough on your plate already :bounce:

I wanted to give you karma for this..but apparently I gotta spread it around first. (I don't necessarily care for that...if no one deserves it, why cannot I give it to one who does??)

Along with the karma you were going to get this: smack smack smack smack!

And I still want a goat:-p:-p:-p

Giving very little this year because we are giving daughter a trip to Europe next summer.
my parents - box of Harry & David pears
MIL - not sure yet, also have to get her a birthday present (Dec 23)
SIL - ski jacket vest and a jar of apple butter from a local orchard
HH - another car chase or explosion DVD movie
daughter - camera and minor stuff for her trip. she has a long list of items with the admonishment "but I get to pick it out" that will likely get ignored.
Also giving to Toys for Tots and to the adopt-a-child thing at daughter's school.
Neighbors are getting buckets of cookie dough (also from school fundraiser)

Sparrowgrass,
Thanks for the link.
So far I've counted 14 slide holders or what ever they are called..each has 60 slides ..Around $462.80 + postage etc...:ermm:
Need to think on this one for a few months.
Dove

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom