What are you most afraid of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Repair Man

What I am most afraid of is repairman from telephone company who listens in everyday to my phone conversations. The telephone company won't do anything about it cause this guy has been w/company for more than 30 years. I am almost sure it is same guy who did this when he worked for was Southwestern Bell. That time I got relief from president when I wrote him. Almost sure it is some kind of vendetta now. Having stranger overhear about my life is scarey. REAL scarey!!!!

ITK - if a stranger listened to my phone conversations he would probably fall into a coma!!!!! There's nothing I talk about on the phone that would warrant any excitement in anyone's life! I say, let them listen if that's all they have to do and then laugh because they have wasted their time!

Murky water. I love to swim, but I have to be able to see my feet. And swimming after dark--not even in my own pool. Gives me the shivers to even think about it. Things come out in the dark, and they like to swim, I am sure.

YT2095 said:
Which Tampa Bridge is it?
a Doctor friend of mine lives in Tampa Bay, and said there`s 3 bridges, but when I mentioned Scary, he gave me these links: http://www.ivebeenthere.co.uk/places/united-states/tampa/skyway-bridge-tampa-bay.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/jsuro/image/46849854/original.jpg

apparently as you get closer to the top, there are Suicide Hotline phones every so many metres also!

Both of those are pictures of the Sunshine Bridge. Beautiful, isn't it? As for the phones, I've never noticed them, that doesn't mean they aren't there.

This was a great question. When I first read it, I thought I knew my answer:
- I was always so terrified of losing my beloved son. He died 2 1/2 years ago & not much touches me these days. So I would have said that I'm not afraid of anything anymore.

Then I read the rest of the responses & realized that I DO still have some fears. Losing my husband is the biggest one. Other than that, it's dying a painful, prolonged death. I'm not afraid of dying anymore - I just want it to be quick & painless!

Corinne

P.S. I don't care much for bugs & snakes, either! :D

Corinne,

Not to be nosy but is that your son's picture on your avatar? If so, his picture is so drop dead gorgeous. And you have expressed every parent's biggest fear--losing their children. My heart goes out to you and sincerest sympathy because I know that you don't ever get over the pain---I lost my mother at age 9. So painful and my biggest fear was losing my father before I grew up. And now, like you I fear losing my husband. I want to die like my grandfather---he was sitting under his favorite pine trees, in his favorite metal lawnchair, smoking a rolled up cigarette with his infamous Prince Albert tobacco, and watering the lawn with an old garden hose. That's how he was found, leaned over in the chair with a peaceful look on his face. I hope that I'm that lucky.

edges on heigths, heights between 3ft and about 80ft, about that it is okay, except for the -> edges..
and not to forget: ticks. I hate them.

I don't like heights and the traffic in Southern California is a mess that I really don't really like getting on the Freeways unless I absolutely have to.

I am afraid of spiders and bugs and the other day I saw a spider climping up a wall in the condo - got a piece of kleenex and killed that sucker.

shpj4 said:
I don't like heights and the traffic in Southern California is a mess that I really don't really like getting on the Freeways unless I absolutely have to.
shpj4, fear of Southern California freeway traffic is well justified.

I lived in LA and Orange County for years. After I got used to driving in smaller towns, I returned to find they seemed to have narrowed the Pasadena Freeway. It felt like my car was three inches wider than the lane.

Back
Top Bottom