What are you planning on doing this coming summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grandpa

Assistant Cook
What are you planning on doing this coming summer?
Vacation,more time with the family or friends,anything interesting???

Our money situation has kept us home the last couple summers. James started his CAD training last summer, so I was home alone with the dog and cats most of the summer (with my car in the shop, I was REALLY at home most of the time). James will finish his training in June, so who knows what the summer will bring. He might find a job in Charlotte, which means we will stay put, but there is a real possibility we will have to move when he finds a job. My cousin in Hesperia, California said there is a possibility they might have some CAD openings, so moving back to California could even be a possibility (although I am checking the prices while I am visiting in California, and I don't think we will ever be able to afford to live here). So our summer plans are really up in the air--I just know they include James finding a good CAD job and me looking for a good teaching job.

:)Barbara

Lots of yardwork, play with my kids, going camping, family reunions, the usual. And a trip to the amusement park with my exchange student.

Let's see....

Starting now... the plans are

find a job...what a pain
April 13th go to Mexico
April 27th Greekster in Oregon
May, June, camp and hike as much as poss.
July, Mexico on the 4th-13th, wedding in Oregon on the 26th
Aug camp and hike as much as poss
ENJOY Each and every day!

Moving home (finally!) to San Francisco.
Starting a business.
Going to Burning Man.
Best friends wedding in Napa Valley.

I plan on spending many afternoons basking in the California sunshine sipping Mojito's!

I just gave you krama kitty for mentioning Burning man. Paul and I have a friend that goes every year. He's known as ROADKILL... he's an expert fire starter. First one of paul's friends that I ever met... had me worried for awhile since he showed up with two dead racoons in the back of his truck ( he skins them and uses the hide) and wearing an outfit that he'd made from deer leather.

This will be my 5th year, I took the last 2 years off since we were living over here.

It's great fun, although not for everyone! It has changed quite a bit, growing more and more every year. I'd prefer the way it was when I first went in 2002, but I still love going out there with all my friends.

usually do not do too much traveling in the summer because of gardening activities. But I will be attending a nephews wedding in Mendocino CA in September. So I need to plant the beans early to get them canned before Sept...

Last edited:
One of the main themes of Burning Man is that an entire city springs up in the desert overnight, is alive with activity for a week, and then disappears without a trace. There are also art themes and parades and celebrations and of course, the burning of the man. Really, it seems like a fairy tale to me. I would love to go.

I'm planning and hoping to be in another apt before or by then.

And have Deuce staying with me - with the both of us enjoying "those lazy hazy crazy days of summer"!!!

With the exception of deep, dark winter (January), every other month is summerish to me. I tend to look forward to the shore days of May-Sept, indeed...but I like to travel any time I can get enough wind in my sails.

Lou and I are returning to New Orleans in early April for 5 days. 5 days of music, food, booze, music, food and booze.

I always host a big cookout/hot tub party Memorial Day weekend.

We've got shore plans for early July in Ocean City, NJ. We usually head down the shore every Saturday for Belmar.

I'll continue to work in the gardens, cook on an open fire, drink to excess and wind the night down in the hot tub, beneath the stars.

Nothing very exciting here. Buck and I will probably do as we always do...sit on our big front porch in the evenings, where we play on the laptop, listen to the outside critters, enjoy "adult" beverages and each other.

Back
Top Bottom