What are you preparing today for tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm preparing myself to deal with my in-laws tomorrow... does that count for anything? I'm making a spinach dip inside a loaf of pumpernickel bread.

Sooooo you're stopping at the liqour store too?

Oh, yes. Mostly cleaning, which when you live in 150 year old house is a chore. My wonderful husband swore he'd hire cleaners this year. Haha. we couldn't find anyone who really wanted the job. So we've been scrubbing. I want to have an early dinner, so will be up early tomorrow. My turkey is 21.43 lbs. It actually looks smaller than in previous years, but it is heavy as all get-out. Some of my friends are feeling sorry for me because I'm cooking. Personally, I think we have the perfect arrangement -- our friends split up dinners, and I won't have to cook a big holiday dinner until this time next year. Works for me. Especially since all said friends are within walking distance (when I lived "near" family, it meant a 1 to 3 hour drive each way; my husband and I hate driving). Made it much more of a chore than actually cooking as far as I'm concerned. Now, for XMas, New Years, Easter, I'll stroll a few blocks with a dish (we always share) and someone else will do the work. So, yes, I'm working today, and we did yesterday, and will tomorrow. But after we're through with the Tree Trimming Party, he and I will be finished with holidays. Great!

I've had a house full of family since yesterday afternoon...so far I've prepared dinner for everyone, breakfast for everyone, and then bbq'd for everyone.

In the middle of that, I've made my cranberry sauce, lemon mold, meatballs for the escarole soup, the stock for the escarole soup, pie dough for the pies, the pumpkin pie, the apple pie, chocolate panna cotta cake, and right now, I have a loaf of cranberry walnut bread dough rising in the kitchen...it's already braided, but has yet to bake. The turkey is in the brine, and the ham is sitting in an apple cider bath. Later this afternoon I'll get the cornbread ready, make the mise en plas for the stuffing, cut the chestnuts, and start folding the meats for the antipasto platter.

I also got my nails done, had a pedicure, and rode 10 miles on my bike.

I will let you know how they turn out Andy. One thing I noticed so far is that hit timing is way off. The potatoes have been in the oven for 45 minutes now and are no where near being soft yet.

Just got the dressing into the casserole and ready to go, have cranberry sauce simmering, rolls rising and almost ready to bake. Turkey is reposing in his pan, waiting to be rubbed down and seasoned.Pumpkin custard pie is covered and ready to take to my daughters...The rest will be done at her house tomorrow..Yippee :LOL: And I will help Cade plate the fudge he made here monday...

kadesma

Last edited:
I've had a house full of family since yesterday afternoon...so far I've prepared dinner for everyone, breakfast for everyone, and then bbq'd for everyone.

In the middle of that, I've made my cranberry sauce, lemon mold, meatballs for the escarole soup, the stock for the escarole soup, pie dough for the pies, the pumpkin pie, the apple pie, chocolate panna cotta cake, and right now, I have a loaf of cranberry walnut bread dough rising in the kitchen...it's already braided, but has yet to bake. The turkey is in the brine, and the ham is sitting in an apple cider bath. Later this afternoon I'll get the cornbread ready, make the mise en plas for the stuffing, cut the chestnuts, and start folding the meats for the antipasto platter.

:)Geez Louise,what did you have for breakfast this morning?Rocket fuel?:)

I'm preparing myself to deal with my in-laws tomorrow... does that count for anything? I'm making a spinach dip inside a loaf of pumpernickel bread.

does this also involve water chestnuts and sour cream and something else i can't remember?

hmmm perhaps i could jump on a plane to sample such delicious sounding delights, if i stopped by everyones house.....i could probably float back to Australia instead of overloading the plane LOL

Hope people are taking pics i can just imagine everyones tables laden with loads of food lol

oh how funny, I saw that episode too and that's what I made. I tasted it after it came out of the oven and it is very good, a bit different from the usual that I make, so was happy to view it on TV.

tomorrow I got the day off. YEAH!
DH asked me to order everything for TG's dinner for him to take to his moms.
Well making it all myself today. Why would I buy the stuff when I can have the pleasure of doing it myself? Especially since $-wise, it's the same thing:ohmy:
`````````````````
2 pump pies
honey glazed carrots
green bean casserole
turkey
gravy
mashed pots
cran sauce
deviled eggs
stuffing
yam/banana bake
orange jello mold
baked apples
hokey pokey
``````````
tonights dinner will be reruns

Last edited:
Made 2 peanutbutter pies today and dooing the rest tomarrow. I've never made Thanksgiving dinner before so I'm a little nervous add to that my MIL is coming to "help"
and DH will probably have to work (plows snow) as we are expecting a storm tomarrow.
CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

My kitchen. I swear I've run the dishwasher 6 times today. I worked 30 days straight and my child did nothing to help. I had to prepare the kitchen all day today just to get it clean enough to cook in tomorrow. Right about now I don't even feel like cooking tomorrow.

Every year I make a big turkey dinner for me & my hubby but this year I made lunch reservations at a fancy froo-froo restaurant. I'll make beef vegtable soup, yeast rolls and a pumpkin pie for dinner tomorrow night, after our turkey lunch out.

I prepared my new stoneware from Pampered Chef too. Cooked the rolls I left out of the fridge yesterday to season the stoneware. Tomorrow's so going to suck for us.

I made 7 pumpkin pies this afternoon, there are 4 dozen dinner rolls on their second rise now, there's cornbread in the oven for the dressing. The dressing and a pecan pie will get baked tonight.

The rolls are from a recipe I found in Cook's Illustrated this week that says I can freeze them after the second rise and then pop them in the oven tomorrow and they will taste just as good as if I baked them immediately. I hope that's true. We're frying one turkey and roasting the other one. I've never had fried turkey so that will be a new experience. Also mountains of mashed potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus and green beans, a garden salad, and a blueberry/banana pie.

There will be lots of people here tomorrow and lots more dropping by throughout the day - I have much to be thankful for. I hope ya'll all have a glorious day filled with love and laughter and loads of good cheer!

I didn't do too much today because I'm only cooking for 4 people tomorrow (hubby, the kids, & myself). I put the turkey in a brine, made biscuits & cornbread for my dressing, also got the onions & celery chopped for that, & made a pumpkin crunch cake. I had to make the biscuits twice though, the first time I grabbed the ap flour instead of the self rising & I had a pan of "rocks".

Normally I would have made pies and cranberry salad today but we will be eating at a friend's tomorrow.
Today I will prepare:

2 pumpkin pies
1 pecan pie
(Slice of Sin was made on Monday)
broccoli casserole
dressing (plain and oyster)
mashed potatoes
chop sweet potatoes for sweet potato hash (no one wants sweet potato casserole :(
cranberry sauce (I'm taking Andy M's lead and cooking them in orange juice versus water and then I may add some apple and walnuts to a portion of it)
wild rice salad
prep Brussels sprouts but will cook those tomorrow
brine turkey
This looks so good we just might have to drop in on you for dinner! :angel:

:)Barbara

Do you sleep????? Ever?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom