What are you really great at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! What a great response to this thread!

I said earlier that I'm really good at smiling, I remembered today that I won the award in highschool for best smile. Which was amazing to me, since it's usually the who is the most popular award and I wasn't popular in the least. Also one time I was getting my photo taken for my driver's liscense and the guy said "you're smiling so big I can't see your eyes!" hee-hee. I love to smile and I love just smiling at people I see.

I am Pretty Good at being Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
I am a Jack of all Trades and a Master of None !

I am Pretty Good with My Hands !

Most of All I Hope I am a Good Friend !!!!!! :mrgreen:

making people feel comfortable (I guess that's hospitality, but it applies outside my home as well)
writing
adapting to different situations
reading (guess that goes with writing)

Lindatoo, I'm impressed. An aunt of mine is a master of all needlework (she teaches at her local college). Her specialty is knitting, but she does the lacework you mentioned. Unfortunately she rarely seems to finish what she starts (she'd rather help a student finish their project), so I doubt I'll ever receive a completed lace project of hers!

I agree with Bucky that "it's all relative, and changes with time." But that said, I guess at the moment some of the things that I'd say are...DH says I'm an awesome wife (so does my mom, perhaps I'll believe them :mrgreen:), being methodical, doing in-depth research, writing, creating new recipes, listening to what other people have to say, seeing both sides of a situation, giving hugs, cross stitching, staying organized, staying positive, and using common sense :)

My grandmother used to do 'tatting'. I wish I had paid attention to what she was doing then. It didn't interest me at the time.

my mom always told me i was enough to drive a person to drink... i think there's a talent in there somewhere *scratching head*

What am I good at? I love arrainging flowers, I enjoy decorating trays of foods for parties with flowers, ribbons and such,I love to paint lambs, puppies, noah's arc, kittens, trains, on baby cloths, do cross stich. When I was a kid, my favorite thing was to develop pictures in our dark room. I still like to roller skate..I loved helping my uncle train the police dogs. I of course, enjoy more than anything caring for and loving my kids and grandskids. And now, I have the added pleasure of having all of you to share recipes with, play games with and just chat with...
That's me...
kdesma:LOL:

Ken said:
I tought I taw a putty tat once.

You are really funny! I think I am beginning to piece some of you guys together. Is there a married couple in here?

I love how in touch with yourselves some of you are!! I guess 34 isn't old enough to truly know yourself!:mrgreen:

My mother has said the same about me, that I could drive someone to drink! That is just not very nice, now is it?!

Sometimes we must forget if someone has made unflattering remarks to us or about us. That isn't WHO we are and we should remember it. We all have some very good points and need to remember those, not what someone may have said to us in the heat of anger. I'm sure you must be a nice person and should go from there.

Im very intuitive
Great at having get-togethers
Making people feel comfortable
Im creative!
I choose the best women even though they dont USUALLY pick me
I have great taste in design so Im told
Im very good at helping people through tough decisions
Great at raising fun loving, well mannered cats!

Im wondering.... what YOU are good at...... does that anything to do with your job(s)??

why thank you, Licia! Actually, I was teasing with the not nice now is it bit! My mom loves to give me a hard time, cuz I have always been a little enthusiastic in the way I live. She says I can never have caffeine cuz the world just couldn't take me on any kind of stimulant! I am very nice and I have, in the past, let negative comments bring me down. Now my heart is no longer my own and I am able to allow the occasional harsh comments bounce off my back! I can tell who your heart belongs to! Thanks for the encouraging words!

Back
Top Bottom