What are your Christmas dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, i've got 4!

and i have to say that they are the strong women they are because of me. i tortured them in their teen years, especially around their boyfriends. :cool:

Yes, I was a teen trying to deal with little boy things. I'm 10 years older. Poor kid had 4 mothers, he never stood a chance. Now he is a looming bulk at over 6'2" and he still looks up to me.:)

I'll be heading to my mother's house to meet my oldest two kids for the afternoon. One of my brothers will also be there. So it will be a small contingent. My brother is a good cook so, together, we will make up a traditional turkey dinner to help out Mom. She doesn't like us in her kitchen though, so there is usually some good natured arguing. Our xmas's are always fragmented. We also plan to spread the visits to my mom's house out so she isn't overwhelmed all at once. My other brother will visit boxing day and my sister will visit sometime after that.
My youngest is going with her mother to visit her family in Southern Ontario for the holidays. I'll be packing them up and sending them off today.

Last edited:
Christmas Eve

Stuffed/Baked Clams
Fried Cod
Broccoli (steamed or salad)
Tater tots
Homemade Tartar sauce
Cheesecake

Christmas Day

Spinach, sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms
Eye round roast
Yorkshire pudding
Burgundy gravy
Baked potatoes w/sour cream and chives
String bean salad
Cheesecake

Veggie substitution...Asparagus instead of broccoli. It was on sale and looked good when I got to the store.

Picked up the prime rib (a beautiful hunk of grass fed beef) on Tuesday and it's now "dry aging" in the fridge. I've got a mile long list of groceries to pick up in the morning.

Last minute shopping here today too. I decided to add to the Christmas Eve dinner. I'm going to make beet soup like we used to have when I was, um, much younger and I am finally going to try my hand at kruschiki ( a Polish cookie).

Picked up the prime rib (a beautiful hunk of grass fed beef) on Tuesday and it's now "dry aging" in the fridge. I've got a mile long list of groceries to pick up in the morning.

I think I used to spend more on holiday dinners than I did for weekly groceries. :chef:

Last minute shopping here today too. I decided to add to the Christmas Eve dinner. I'm going to make beet soup like we used to have when I was, um, much younger and I am finally going to try my hand at kruschiki ( a Polish cookie).

Dave, what kind of cookie is that? I love Czech kolaki, a cream cheese shortbread with honeyed walnut filling.

ooh, i forgot about kruschiki on christmas day. dw won't let me buy any because she used to make them with her mom and it makes her too sad to have them around.

princess, they're sort of a fried sweet "chip" for lack of a better term, dusted with powdered sugar. they're supposed to be twisted a little so they look like ribbons and bows.

ooh, i forgot about kruschiki on christmas day. dw won't let me buy any because she used to make them with her mom and it makes her too sad to have them around.

princess, they're sort of a fried sweet "chip" for lack of a better term, dusted with powdered sugar. they're supposed to be twisted a little so they look like ribbons and bows.

Thanks BT! :)

Bucky, the kruschiki sounds like fattigmands we make here. Probably some other ethnic community's version of the same thing.

angelwings.jpg

these are kruschiki.

kth, i never heard of fattigmands. are they similar to these?

So, probably not a person. Is it 'far-sighted'.

Far-sighted? I don't know what kind of sight it has :LOL:

Think... Cleveland v Baltimore... hmmm... Baltimore, Maryland... and I've already gotten crab cakes out of the way... ;)

you're eating a raven?

i've had it before, but i didn't like it. if offered it again, i would say nevermore... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom