What are your Christmas dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, you made me giggle. Its Boxing Day. Whether that was an accident or on purpose, thanks for the chuckle to start my day. I had images of Ali dancing in my head!

I had a vision of everyone sitting around in their new underwear! :ROFLMAO:

Well, Iknew it was something like that. My girlfriend comes from N.S. She is taking tomorrow off. She does her part for diplomacy. She celebrates both Canadian and U.S. Holidays.

Well, Iknew it was something like that. My girlfriend comes from N.S. She is taking tomorrow off. She does her part for diplomacy. She celebrates both Canadian and U.S. Holidays.

So, you won't be sitting around in your boxers?:LOL:

For Christmas Dinner we will have stuffed mushroom appetizers, roasted prime rib, blue cheese scalloped potatoes, steamed green beans, roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots, green salad, and dinner rolls. Pecan pie and whipped cream for dessert. I think maybe a nice 2007 Amarone will go nicely with this.

martha jefferson hospital will be serving my christmas dinner this year. i look forward to having this holiday meal with my mom. i'm sure it will be good. a small christmas miracle would be so welcome right about now....

Last edited:
martha jefferson hospital will be serving my christmas dinner this year. i look forward to having this holiday meal with my mom. i'm sure it will be good. a small christmas miracle would be so welcome right about now....

Good vibes being sent in your direction.

(((hugs))) bon appetit.

Vitauta, you and your Mom continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

thank you bt, taxlady and lpb. at christmas, as in life, you don't always get what you want. i'm thankful to have spent christmas day with mom in relative comfort. difficult decisions ahead....

After snacking on Christmas cookie and other pastries all day dinner was reduced from what I planned. I cooked the ham and made butternut squash soup, scalloped potatoes, and peas.

Our dinner went as planned and I even put the first dish on the table at the strike of 5 p.m., which is when I'd told everyone dinner would be served.

Everything came out perfectly and all at the right time...together. Yeah! Wasn't much left either.

I was surprised that one of the sons-in-law (age 35 and a successful attorney in a major city) had never had Cornish hens. They were the entree and Trey gobbled his up like a little kid eating candy. I was certain he'd had them because he's traveled all over the world and is quite a "foodie." Oh, well, go figure! Guess he missed that somehow. Now they're his new favorite food.

The real "hit" of the meal was the "sweet shoppe" display I created that was all the different cookies and candies I'd made for dessert. You never saw a group of adults act so crazy over cookies and candy in your life. Just like a bunch of little kids. It was quite a sight to behold.

In the end, everyone seemed to enjoy the meal...certainly dessert!

XOXOXOX Prayers and good thoughts to you and mom.

Mushroom caps stuffed with sweet Italian sausage, fresh garlic, mushroom stems, spinach, fresh grated parmesan & romano cheeses and mozzarella cheese.

img_1087956_0_11dc122dee893ecfbbd76010dd7bfcbe.jpg

Eye round roast, burgundy gravy, steamed fresh broccoli, carrots & cauliflower, mashed red & Yukon potatoes (butter, sour cream, cream cheese & chives).

img_1087956_1_476c764133a3fd6582173c74d215ebea.jpg

We also had cheesecake topped with cherries for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom