What are your Christmas dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christmas Eve will start around 3:00 p.m. and continue ... we will have a mini- smorgåsbord--3-4 kinds of cold open-faced sandwiches, those SHRIMP for which Rock posted the recipe, a couple of salads, and the "hot" table will have Janssen's temptation, and I haven't decided what else will be on it, and 7 kinds of cookies for dessert.

Christmas Day will be roasted turkey with all the trimmings.

Boxing Day will be turkey soup.

It will just be the two of us, so I have to make sure I don't prepare enough food to feed the Swedish Army.

Christmas eve will be fried haddock, ravioli, corn, peas, and crab soup for me. Cookies and Ice cream for dessert.

Christmas day will be baked honey/brown sugar ham, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, carrots, roasted brussel sprouts, asparagus, cherry pie for dessert.

I'm cooking both meals.

This will the the 3rd Christmas with my new family. After Buck died, I couldn't have dreamed I'd be so "whole" again.

We're going to host Glenn's three children and their families, his mother and my younger brother for dinner, then wrapping paper mayhem after. There will be a handful of grandchildren (under age 8), so we'll definitely have a blast.

I've planned pineapple/coconut stuffed Cornish hens, Yukon Gold fingerling potatoes with rosemary en papillote, honey-glazed baby carrots, green bean bundles with shallots (haricot verts inserted in yellow squash "rings" and steamed), apple-raisin-cranberry relish flavored with Grand Marnier, homemade potato rolls with butter and white wine, sparkling grape juice for the young ones. For dessert, I've made an assortment of 20 different cookies, candies and sweets, which will be served on tiered holders with coffee.

I, too, love Christmas and this family is so sweet and loving it's easy to open our holiday and enjoy it with them. I can't wait.

Sounds lovely.

We are all going to one of our son's house on Christmas Eve to have supper and to open gifts. To eat we will be having our choice of his homemade chili, taco soup or goulash. Then on Christmas day we will be at our daughters house. They are having grilled steaks, baked potatoes and salad. Along with all of this food we will have lots of desserts and Christmas treats. :>)

I'm afraid I'm coming down with something. The plan is to drive to Cornwall, Ontario (~95 km) and spend Xmas with the mummy-in-law. If I don't feel better, it ain't happening. If we do go to the mummy-in-law's place, it will probably be turkey (oh joy, I don't really care for turkey). We don't really celebrate Xmas, so it won't be that bad if we miss it with the in-laws. We had our Solstice celebration on the weekend. It's actually tonight at 00h30 EST.

I picked up the smallest ham I could find and it will still be too big but, I really want the bone for some soup.

Christmas day will be Ham, cheese potatoes, broccoli, cabbage salad, and apple crisp with ice cream.

I have been fighting the urge to make some cookies but I may make a batch of snickerdoodles or molasses crinkle tops just to make the house smell good. :pig:

Being old and fat is such a bummer! :LOL:

I was gifted with a Salmon filet, wild caught in Alaska by a co-workers husband. Big enough for Shrek and me to have a feast. Smashed potatoes with butter and chives, steamed broccoli and I'll make a small cheesecake with roasted pecan crust.

I was gifted with a Salmon filet, wild caught in Alaska by a co-workers husband. Big enough for Shrek and me to have a feast. Smashed potatoes with butter and chives, steamed broccoli and I'll make a small cheesecake with roasted pecan crust.

Years ago I had some friends that lived on Kodiak Island. I used to go there twice a year to bring home some salmon that was caught during the run. I stayed on the back porch and watched from a distance as they caught what the bears didn't. I would bring back a cooler filled with smoked wild salmon. :yum:I want to move back to Tacoma.

Addie said:
Years ago I had some friends that lived on Kodiak Island. I used to go there twice a year to bring home some salmon that was caught during the run. I stayed on the back porch and watched from a distance as they caught what the bears didn't. I would bring back a cooler filled with smoked wild salmon. :yum:I want to move back to Tacoma.

I want to move to Tacoma too! Mmmm, fresh smoked salmon, and bears!

I want to move to Tacoma too! Mmmm, fresh smoked salmon, and bears!

You can have the bears all to yourself, and I will share the salmon. Why do you think I stayed on the back porch close to the door. Those Kodiak bears are BIG bears. :chef:

my sis called and nixed my plans to make something interesting for christmas dinner like the leg of lamb, or cioppino, or smoked turkey that i'd hoped for.

i was elected to make the same thing i make for every family gathering: meatballs and sausages. i think they think that's all i know how to cook. :ermm:

mom is baking a ham, eldest sis is making chicken picatta, youngest sis is making baked ziti, and nieces and nephews are doing the desserts.

since we have excellent ethnic bakeries by us, we're bringing the rye and italian breads.

not sure who is doing appys and salad.

i don't want to make anyone upset by bringing something that everyone eats while their dish gets ignored.

it's happened before a few times where someone went through a lot of effort to make something special, and it sat untouched because there were other things put out first. then feelings get hurt, and they don't want to make anything for the next holiday, and so on.

it's best to just follow orders. :)

i don't want to make anyone upset by bringing something that everyone eats while their dish gets ignored.

it's happened before a few times where someone went through a lot of effort to make something special, and it sat untouched because there were other things put out first. then feelings get hurt, and they don't want to make anything for the next holiday, and so on.

I hear ya! I did that a couple of times when I brought my tater salad and the host's was ignored and untouched. The second time her husband asked me to bring it. Even had the nerve to ask me to give my recipe to his wife when she was in hearing distance. I got glares for the rest of the night. But that was fine by me. She has never been one of my favorite people. :rolleyes:

You are a good Brother, my Brother does what he is told, too...he has to, he has 3 big sisters.:LOL:

lol, i've got 4!

and i have to say that they are the strong women they are because of me. i tortured them in their teen years, especially around their boyfriends. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom