What are your favorite things to do with free or off-work times?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
besides sleeping, which most everyone needs more time doing, i love to spend several leisurely hours in a used book store, browsing the shelves, selecting bargain books to take home with me, and spend even more leisurely hours at home, curled up on the sofa, perusing my newly found book store treasures....:)

Going to the farmers market with my kids and buying and eating loads of goodies or looking for trouble on DC lol! Love reading, having some "me time" and braaing with friends :)

Shellfishing, bread baking, and generally getting underfoot in the kitchen from mid November through late May / early June. Doing investment research from an air conditioned bedroom and weeding, watering during the dog days of July through August. A little striped bass and bluefish fishing during September through November.

I like to sit in front of the TV and drink beer.

Do I hear an, aw hell yeah!?

:LOL:

I don't have any free time. I try to get away in spurts though. Riding my bike clears my head the quickest of anything, but it's been so darn hot I don't feel like changing out of my shorts into jeans and boots... so I settle for the TV and beer :rolleyes:

pacanis said:
I like to sit in front of the TV and drink beer.

Do I hear an, aw hell yeah!?

:LOL:

I don't have any free time. I try to get away in spurts though. Riding my bike clears my head the quickest of anything, but it's been so darn hot I don't feel like changing out of my shorts into jeans and boots... so I settle for the TV and beer :rolleyes:

Pac, I must ask, is one of your faves dressing up your dog? I keep meaning to ask about your profile pic, is it your dog and how did you get him to pose like that?

Love that pic!

Of course, Aw Hell Yeah!

Last edited:
Pac, I must ask, is one of your faves dressing up your dog? I keep meaning to ask about your profile pic, is it your dog and how did you get him to pose like that?

Love that pic!

Of course, Aw Hell Yeah!

LOL, no... no clothes on my dogs. Not even a jacket in the winter, but I do appreciate the folks who do keep their poochies stylin'.
I scarfed that pic off the internet. It seemed to fit with my username and the forum.

pacanis said:
LOL, no... no clothes on my dogs. Not even a jacket in the winter, but I do appreciate the folks who do keep their poochies stylin'.
I scarfed that pic off the internet. It seemed to fit with my username and the forum.

Oh no! Still love the pic!

Beagle got two lovely light-up Christmas sweaters from her "Nana" (my mom) several years ago, and when we put them on her, she looked like a deflated tire. Hates the clothing. I had planned on stenciling TSA on her reversible camo/orange raincoat in order to get her into the airport, but she tries to wipe the coat off and refuses to wear it.

Favorite for Free Time...bike riding, farmer's market, continuing education, reading, cooking, hikes, vegging out and every once in a while I say Hi to Shrek.

I now consider going to doctor appts as part of work, so that aside:

joy rides in the MINI

Photography

Open Mic night on Sundays

Time with my ladyfriend

Ice Cold Beverages

Summertime--dip in the pool, gardening, dip in the pool, gardening, dip in the pool. Lately it has been too hot even for that, so I have been reading in front of the fan.

Wintertime--I bought a dollhouse kit last fall, and that took me most of the winter to do the outside. This winter, I will start decorating the interior. And of course, I read in the winter, too--3 or 4 books a week. No TV, rarely a movie.

Reading, cooking, sewing, TV, Sudoku, DC and about 3 shopping trips a month.

(Sudoku is great for strengthening short term memory.)

Summertime--dip in the pool, gardening, dip in the pool, gardening, dip in the pool. Lately it has been too hot even for that, so I have been reading in front of the fan.

Wintertime--I bought a dollhouse kit last fall, and that took me most of the winter to do the outside. This winter, I will start decorating the interior. And of course, I read in the winter, too--3 or 4 books a week. No TV, rarely a movie.

dollhouse interior design - infinitely more intriguing than working on one of those multi-thousand piece jigsaw puzzles, imo, but it does sound expensive. is it?

I live on the river, so we kayak, canoe. I have a bit of a recording studio in my basement, so I tinker around down there, play the drums a lot using exercise books. I would say play in a couple of bands, but that has become a job that I do to suppliment my income, so its not really a past time anymore.
My daughter and I own about a dozen different styles of flying discs, frisbees, so we try and get out for a bit every couple of days in the backyard. Usually while supper is cooking. I am also a foriegn and indie movie fan, so we fire up the Netflix at night as the last thing before bed.

And like pacanis, I love my beer. But, usually before supper while I am cooking. Once supper is over, and later at night when the tv may go on, I am done with the beer. But, around 6:00 p.m. the party is in full swing :LOL:

Free time---well, with the chickens, gardens, work, and all the go with those things--free time is spent cleaning the chicken house, weeding the garden, paperwork, and sleeping...oh, that's right, sleeping was not to be on the list...I enjoy "date" night/day with my DH--a good ol' farm auction, canoeing, snowshoeing, or cross-country skiing in the winter. We seem to have more "free" time in the winter. And, I love a good book.

A lot of my time is free time. The #1 answer is read. Actually, that would probably be numbers one through twenty. Preferably on my lazy-boy with doggie on my left and a glass of wine at my right. I don't count gardening as free time, but as a job I have to do if I want (and I do) garden tomatoes and herbs in the summer. Even then there are more weeds than anything else in my yard! I like to do some beadwork, but I always put it away before my big Christmas party (first Sunday in December)(too much temptation for little hands), then got new doggie who can jump 4'. So instead of being able to do it in the living room on a tv table, I'll have to move to the dining room table, and just haven't gotten around to it. Another is cooking, especially in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom