What are your favourite quotes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
My favourite qoutes are:

"He prayeth best, who loveth best
All things both great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us,
He made and loveth all."

From 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner ' by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

This qoute is from 'Geeta' written in Sanskrit

"Ma kuru dhana jana joubana garvang
Kala harati nimesha sarvang."

(Never become proud about your wealth, power and youth, it can be drestoyed within a wink.

I have had bunch of diferent ones in my life. I guess. it would depend on what was going on in my life. The one I used last night talking to my son was : " Don't be so humble, you are not so great."
And then of course there is one at the bottom of all of my posts.

Never eat more than you can lift.

Be good to your children, they choose your nursing home.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it ~ Ferris Buehler

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris

Just a couple of my favorites.

Count yourself. You ain't so many.

-my father

Very cool.

One of my favourites:

"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."

I've collected quite a few; here are some of my favorites:

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs -- jolted by every pebble in the road.

- Henry Ward Beecher
===========================
To me, boxing is like ballet, except there's no dancing, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

- Cary Collett
I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is; I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.

- Rebecca West, 1913
The trick is to keep an open mind, without it being so open that your brain falls out.

- Camilla Cracchiolo
Good judgement comes from experience; and experience, well, that comes from bad judgement.

- Unknown
One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.

- Bertrand Russell

Several:
1. "If you're in a hole, quit DIGGING!"

2. "Time wounds all heels"

3. "If you act like a doormat, people are going to wipe their feet on you" (a fav quote of advice columnist, Ann Landers)

4. Yesterday's winds don't sail today's ships"(in reference to bragging about past deeds or the familiar "When I was your age we................" My daughter's fav

Be Nice .... Nice is good!

and....

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length. Robert Frost

Back
Top Bottom