What are your hobbies besides cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a gardener, heart and soul. I don't feel right unless there is dirt under my nails.

Not looking forward to the long dark winter, but I do have houseplants to comfort me til spring.
Me too SP love to get my hand in the sift dirt and so enjoy seeing the little plants perk up and take of and seeds poke their little heads up into the warm sun. Ahhh spring and summer and its rewards.
guess the smells of paint on t-shirts will have to fill my days for a time now.
kades

I enjoy reading and writing. I spend alot of time taking online courses in nursing, keeping my skills up to date. I spend time with unwed mothers and literacy tutoring, also. Movie watching.

selkie, i love this one.

29235-albums329-picture4200.jpg

looks like he's saying, " a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, gosh darnit!!"

I've become somewhat adept at mycology. Anyone can grow veggies and herbs, when was the last time you cultivated your own shiitake mushrooms?

Cooking and that are the only two real pastimes of mine.

I, also, enjoy photography. DW and I enjoy hiking and so that gives me lots of opportunities to take lots of pictures. And, I've been learning food photography too.

I'm all thumbs with a camera but I adore doing the developing. My dad and I had a basement full of equipment and would spend hours developing things. What fun to see how pictures turned out.
kadesma

Cooking and that are the only two real pastimes of mine.

Giorgio Tsoukalos is that you, or just some poster stealing your weird hair picture? A little mayo might tame that nice head of hair.

Your name is funny enough and I'm sorry to go on a tangent here--though every time you post I want to ask these questions of you.

No disrespect to you. Please forgive me if I have disrespected you in any way. Where are you from?

About hobbies, I like word games too.

I keep Sudoku puzzles near all the places I sit. I work up to a dozen a day. I found that it increases my short term memory which was showing signs of deteriorating when I started them about 5 years ago. Now, when I've forgotten why I went into the kitchen, I usually remember after a little concentration.

I love to read, crochet, and sew. There was a time, many years ago that I did leather carving. I'd love to take it up again, but the neighbors would really be annoyed.

There was a time, many years ago that I did leather carving. I'd love to take it up again, but the neighbors would really be annoyed.
Why?
I like to sing like Jusnikki--probably not as well as Jusnikki, now that annoys the neighbors.:LOL:

I love to snow ski, I didn't learn how until I was in my early thirties, but despite having a fear of heights, I became a pretty good skier ;-). I looove going fast!!! I think I may start wearing a helmet this year though, sometimes I scare myself!
I also enjoy reading, sewing , photography and gardening (really fast, no...just kidding!).

When I was young and had two good legs I loved to ski, I was in fact the bad boy of the piste, my dress code was quite unique;).

Back
Top Bottom