What are your Spring Break plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lyndalou said:
We are meeting our daughter and family in Charleston SC where we have rented a villa on Palm Island (or something like that)
That's only a few hours from here. We'll join you! LOL

:) Barbara

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
88 is STILL under construction! :neutral:

yep, Ville of Napes is my hometown. 88 is always under construction. Kind of like I-66 here and the one that goes to Virginia Beach (can't remember the number, maybe I-64).

texasgirl said:
Spring break? Is that what happens when you jump on your bed to much??

Dina, I probably missed something, but, where has your hubby been? Is he the military?

He's a registered nurse. He's been at work - leaves home at 6:20 a.m. and comes home at 8:00 p.m. or beyond, six days a week. We have dinner, watch TV for 30 or 40 minutes and then it's time for bed. We don't get to see him much.:(

Last edited:
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Ahhhhh!!! Naperville area?

Heard Naperville is gorgeous! I have a friend who's wanting to move there to teach. Hope his dream happens soon.

The trip to SA was great! Too bad it was too short-not enough money this time. We were able to get season passes to SeaWorld so we might try going next month again. We got to see the Shamu show "Believe" and the dolphin show "Viva". The kids and Carlos rode on the Steel Eel and the White Rave rollercoasters a couple of times and got soaked in the RioLoco! They sure are crazy but love to have fun! My husband is still a kid at heart (which is one thing I love about him). We also took the kids to Ripley's Believe it or Not museum and hopefully next month we'll take them to the new haunted museum they have by the Alamo. Food was great-we ate at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store and Restaurant and Seafood Island. Took the kids to the Japanese Tea Garden at Breckenridge Park. Yesterday, we took them to the pool but it was a bit chilly out. They've had some fun this week!

Last edited:
Dina said:
He's been at work - leaves home at 6:20 a.m. and comes home at 8:00 p.m. or beyond, six days a week. We have dinner, watch TV for 30 or 40 minutes and then it's time for bed. We don't get to see him much.:(

I had a job like that once. I'll never do it again. I used to work from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. or later up to 6 days a week, and if the GM decided he wanted to open on Sunday I worked it from 11:30 until the last customer left, which could be as late as 9. I got Tuesday or Thursday off, unless I was behind on my sales.

Last edited:
Dina said:
Heard Naperville is gorgeous! I have a friend who's wanting to move there to teach. Hope his dream happens soon.

Sorry, Dina, but I have to laugh a little. When my folks moved to Naperville in 1959, it was a teeny little farm town. Tractors on Main Street and everything. Every other kid in my classes lived on a farm. The farms are all subdivisions now.

There are still a few lovely old neighborhoods in Naperville - even have some Frank Lloyd Wright houses still standing - but most people these days are tearing down the little old houses and putting up these quasi-Victorian monsters on lots never meant to hold such square footage. That, or they're turning the graceful old houses into offices for lawyers or real estate people.

I'm not necessarily slamming it, but it's turned into just another upscale suburb of Chicago now.

Mudbug,
That's what my friend mentioned. Apparently this town being an upscale suburb of Chicago. He also mentioned that the men up there are "corn eaters" so they're tall and muscular. Just had to throw that in there; these words really came out straight from him.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom