What Can I Say!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was there ever really any doubt? Their only real shot at defeat lost to the Chargers last week, and Dallas isn't in it for the NFC anymore. I'd love to see Manning #2 take down the Patriots, but I just don't see it happening.

Congrats to the pats, I just don't see how anyone could have beaten them this year.

If San Diego could have got into the endzone once instead of settling for 4 field goals it could have been different. Congratulations to the Patriots though, they've been exciting to watch all season and deserve to be there.

Who are they going to face. Apparently it's -18 in Green Bay! Brrrrr!

And as for the Packers, I'm not allowed to say anything nice about them, because as a Bears fan it goes against the fiber of my being; but Favre is getting old and it'd be a shame for him to walk away empty-handed. Of course, Favre has already had his turn, and he's like a dinosaur compared to the guys he's playing against now. However, winning a 2nd bowl will really distinguish him from some of the other greats he's played against, Marino, Elway, Montana and Young, Aikman. He's the last of his era, I think, and time for him to step aside. We'll see if he goes out with a bang or not.

IMHO - Greenbay/New York was a better game ... there was some suspense. Was there any real doubt the Pats would win that one even before the kick-off???

IMHO - Greenbay/New York was a better game ... there was some suspense. Was there any real doubt the Pats would win that one even before the kick-off???

It depends on whether or not you have an emotional investment in a team. To me the Patriots game was more exciting.

The GB/NY game was very exciting as well. They don't often go to OT.

Freakin Packers!!! Oh well, I'm done with the football season... I'm fairly certain Pat's have this one wrapped up!

GO MAVERICKS!!!
GO TONY STEWART!!!!

I thought both games were entertaining. In the first, I like the Chargers, and they certainly had scoring opportunities that they were unable to convert to touchdowns (or it could have been a much different game). I don't mind seeing the Patriots do well, however... and I WOULD like to see them win it all and make NFL history, if for no other reason but to shut those smug '72 Dolphins up.

I was hoping to see Brett Favre make it to the Super Bowl (I think Pats/Pack would have been a more compelling matchup, but oh well), but the Packers totally under-performed, and the Giants outplayed them and deserved to win that game. Burress had a great game and Eli didn't throw the game away.

That said.... Go PATRIOTS!!!

The Patriots already hold a few prestigious super bowl records. For instance:

Fewest Rushing Yards in a Super Bowl: 7 yards

First Team Whose Starting QB Made 0 completions: Tony Eason

I believe they also hold they record for least yards gained in the first half of a super bowl, with -19.

To give them some credit, they were also the first team to win 3 road games on the way to the bowl, and they used to hold the record for quickest score, at 1:36.

The Patriots already hold a few prestigious super bowl records. For instance:

Fewest Rushing Yards in a Super Bowl: 7 yards

First Team Whose Starting QB Made 0 completions: Tony Eason

I believe they also hold they record for least yards gained in the first half of a super bowl, with -19.

To give them some credit, they were also the first team to win 3 road games on the way to the bowl, and they used to hold the record for quickest score, at 1:36.

Hmmmm, sounds like sour grapes to me :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom